+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 1836 Improved

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Another thing, Portugal should be allied with Great Britain. It may even help GB to sphere Portugal which is correct.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It's 1.3 compatible.

I'll look into Finland's status. Maybe have it a decision (to simulate the Diet of Finland's return in 1866, which made autonomous).

Alliances suck in this game. Portugal would fight in all of the UK's wars which is not very historical. It was a pact that could be called upon if necessary. The current system doesn't allow that. Making the UK even stronger by giving it access to the Portuguese military is out of the question. Maybe I'll give them a lead in the sphere race.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Make the UK friendly with Portugal. Starting relations are poorly simulated in Vicky, and a lot of times, alliances are random and make the game frustrating (Russia being allied with Austria, France, and the UK, for example).

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks for your work CaptRobau, especially Indonesia seems much better now. However there are three issues that I noticed:

1) It seems the continent.txt has a bug, as there do not seem to be continents in the game right now with your mod

2) Esbjerg was not a colonial province and has a proper liferating, it's part of Denmark proper and not of Greenland. I guess you made a small mistake there when adapting the files.

3) Also one of the Indonesia countries lacks a flag

Another suggestion that I would like to make is that some Indonesian countries should IMO hold cores on Dutch colonial territory. I mean it was the Dutch who conquered these provinces in the first place right? They did belong to another country before the came and conquered.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post

1) It seems the continent.txt has a bug, as there do not seem to be continents in the game right now with your mod
    Go to map/continent.txt and write europe = { provinces = { xxx }} and so on.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...border-changes.
    This guy has a pretty elegant and historical way of nerfing Britain.

Yeah that would be the nation of Bulungan, I noticed that too.

EDIT: I looked at the flags, 3 of them are white - so they're just not finished yet. But there is a Republic version of the flag for that nation.

Another suggestion that I would like to make is that some Indonesian countries should IMO hold cores on Dutch colonial territory. I mean it was the Dutch who conquered these provinces in the first place right? They did belong to another country before the came and conquered.
    I like that idea, more resistance to the Dutch colonists - when I played around with merging the two mods (AoC and this) I included Indonesia and Timur in all the relevant cores - to help build up continual resistance.
    Last edited by Ayetach; 28-05-2011 at 11:11.

Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Bulungan's map is actually white:

http://flagspot.net/flags/id-prb.html#bulungan

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Great mod. Can it work in conjunction with other mods like Aoc?
    Creator of the Minor Improvement Project a minimod for Victoria 2 and E Pluribus Unum a Submod for PDM.

Without much modification it works quite well in AoC. Didn't see any problems. Incidentally, expect to see parts of this mod officially included in future versions of AoC.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete

How about PDM? And what modifications did u do to make it work?
    Creator of the Minor Improvement Project a minimod for Victoria 2 and E Pluribus Unum a Submod for PDM.

Not sure about PDM. Yu'd need to check it out for yourself. And I think I just overwrote AoC with 1836. But that was in an earlier version of both 1836 and AoC. Head over to the main AoC thread. Someone made it work with current versions. Ask him.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Incidentally, expect to see parts of this mod officially included in future versions of AoC.
    +1 Internets for you, good sir.

1836 Improved and AoC are, IMO, the best balance and improvement packs out there right now. I'm pleased to see them together.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Without much modification it works quite well in AoC. Didn't see any problems. Incidentally, expect to see parts of this mod officially included in future versions of AoC.
    It works with AoC just fine, although there is a fair amount of modification and tacit merging since some regions of the world were also altered by AoC for the benefit of the mod itself (specifically coal placement and certain nations), I also had to carefully piece together AoC and 1836 Improvements implementation of Indonesia since both mods had a fine collection of states and cores that were unique to each mod.

The real issue that stands however is the behavior nations have during gameplay (in some test runs I noticed UK immediately invading Napal or a very early Crimean War (something like the late 1830's). Perhaps with more tweaking of the merge the random but reasonably realistic points of occurance can be ironed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwax23 View Post
    How about PDM?
    No, as PDM changes a lot of the RGO goods, but I believe Rye is currently working on incorporating some select bits of 1836i.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

yea seriously if this mod is in AoC it would be the 4th sign of the apocalypse.

I would suggest let Kokand border Qing as they did cause a lot of trouble in Xinjiang and supported the Islamic revolts in the region, Qing eventually give the Kokandi consular jurisdiction right in China.

And in the east, I think it's not really right to remove Qing ownership south of the Amur, while the north is pretty much ungoverned, the southern part is the homeland of the Manchurians and got Chinese trade posts back in the 15th century, and Russians did use gunboats to get the land, not simply walk in and plant flags

Quote Originally Posted by Gwax23 View Post
    yea seriously if this mod is in AoC it would be the 4th sign of the apocalypse.
    Uh oh, better start repenting

Thanks for your work CaptRobau, especially Indonesia seems much better now. However there are three issues that I noticed:

2) Esbjerg was not a colonial province and has a proper liferating, it's part of Denmark proper and not of Greenland. I guess you made a small mistake there when adapting the files.

1. You're right, I'll look into that.

2. You're right. Fixed.

3. Answered it already

And more Indonesian state cores would be an idea for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightgalrs View Post
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...border-changes.
    This guy has a pretty elegant and historical way of nerfing Britain.
    I'm running some tests now with a sattelite India to see how well it nerfs Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzKatze View Post
    I would suggest let Kokand border Qing as they did cause a lot of trouble in Xinjiang and supported the Islamic revolts in the region, Qing eventually give the Kokandi consular jurisdiction right in China.

And in the east, I think it's not really right to remove Qing ownership south of the Amur, while the north is pretty much ungoverned, the southern part is the homeland of the Manchurians and got Chinese trade posts back in the 15th century, and Russians did use gunboats to get the land, not simply walk in and plant flags
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Aigun

Kokand borders a CHI core, which represents the ineffective control of those three provinces by China. Besides Kokand only raided Xinjiang which we can't represent in the current system. Now at least China doesn't annex Kokand all the time, which happens when it borders it.

The Russians colonized the area, which was sparsely populated and ineffectively controlled. For now the CHI cores act as China's presence there and the colonizability simulates the Russian migrating to the area. I think it should be seen as something like the Oregon Country. The cigar shaped part of it was actually a condiminium like Oregon Country. The gunboat part would be the Russians forcing the Wing to relinquish its claims, which the current events/decisions do.

Perhaps I could write some events that gives China more say in the matter, but for now the arrangement seems to simulate what happened quite well.

On a side note I removed a Polish core on Danzig.

Also I'm thinking of making Schleswig a sattelite in personal union with Denmark. Would this represent the actual situation better or worse?

I have two suggestions:
    1) Gave it to Qing, but when Qing is spheared by Russia or at war with other GP as an unciv, Russia can demand(snatch?) it.
    2) Leave it as it is now, but Qing will have decisions to demand it back when they've became a GP

And decisions to remove the core seems to be ahistorical, since the claim was relinquished decades after the timeframe(1969 according to that article)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast