+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 1836 Improved

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Region mod, not River mod.
    I totally misread that. Mah bad. D:

Have you considered adding the African nations from the New Nations mod? I don't know if you've checked it out, but they entirely redid 1836 Africa.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Finland should definately be satellite of Russia, not a part of Russia. (see this for a sort explanation why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchy_of_Finland)

I hope you will continue work on this mod and fix Finland, too. I tried to talk sense into PI back when they were still developing V2, but they didn't listen to me. It's not a big change and certainly won't change the balance of the game. Instead it makes it possible for Finland to get its independency in a historical way after collapse of Russian Empire.
    Owner of Rome CE + VV, CK + DV, CK II, CotN, EU, EU II, FtG, EU III CE + IN + NA + HttT + DW, EU IV, Victoria + Rev, Victoria II + AHD + HoD, Diplomacy, HoI, HoI II + DD + A, AoD and HoI III + SF + FtM + TFH

This is my real avatar.

Since August 2010 I've considered Friday the 13th a lucky day.

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

I'll make Finland a sattelite Russia.

Regarding new African countries, this is something I'd only do after the upcoming release.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Do we have an ETA?

And IMHO, Colorado should remain terra nullius. Though the US had undisputed claims, the government couldn't really do anything to enforce the law and/or tax. It was more or less the edge of the American frontier. Giving it to the US would be akin to giving Britain the rest of Australia and Canada.

Besides, the US doesn't need an extra foci. It automatically starts with +25% on Washington.

I also think the Ammassalik thing on the first page seems kind of silly. For all intents and purposes, it should probably go to Denmark. If not, it will more than likely end up British (or German with the way Prussia has been acting). Unless of course you changed this. In which case, cool. I never paid much attention to Greenland.
    Last edited by ZomgK3tchup; 13-05-2011 at 00:38.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

With regards to making the American Southwest (or Mexican North, if you'd rather) colonies, I did the same thing for NNM and PDM... but I left California as a state, as well as Texas. The reason being that California was admitted to the USA as a state immediately upon its annexation. The only way that'd be possible in-game was if it was already a state. Unless Mexico does that on its own (which seems unlikely) it would have to start as such.

And incidentally, how are you going to deal with Patagonia being terra nullius? Traditionally the problem with that has been that a colonial power swoops in and colonizes the region before Chile and Argentina can (if they're even able to).
    Last edited by Rylock; 13-05-2011 at 07:19.

Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Valid points. I'll look into all of them.

Regarding Argentinia and Chile. They have a GP-like drive to get liferating techs and they have cores there. It'll be much more likely that they'll get it.

I'll release this weekend probably if all goes well.

One other thing, if you're going to give Maastricht to Belgium (and presumably giving it back to the Netherlands with the Treaty of London decision), shouldn't you also give Arlon to Luxembourg?

Blog Entries
    Perhaps make the AI more likely to enact the Treaty of London as well?

Also, looking at the Regions mod, it might not be such a good idea. New England would be divided into a bunch of one-two province regions. That seems like a black hole for national foci to me.

Though, you might want to consider removing South Carolina from Georgia, adding it to North Carolina, and then renaming the region "The Carolinas" or something.

I decided:

- To change Ammassalik to DEN again. Norway's case was dismissed and it might result in silly historic colonization.
    - I left Colorado as colonized. Mexican traders even barely entered the area. The US at least had a recent claim. To balance it all out I removed the Washington auto NF and moved it to Idaho. Oregon and Idaho are now auto NFed but only at 3%. Missoula (part of Montana) is now American again but I also auto NFed British Columbia by the ENG. Oregon and Idaho will complete a week or two before British Columbia which will allow AI USA to get a crack at Washington.
    -I didn't make California a state. In 1836 there were only a few thousand Mexicans in California. Not state-worthy. Texas is a state though (vanilla). Giving statehood to territories in the US was often more to do with politics (Civil War-related or intra-state disputes) than population or V2s bureaucrats.
    - I changed the Dutch-Belgian situation again. Maastricht and Luxembourg are once again Dutch and Luxembourgian respectively (the two largest cities in Limburg were still in Dutch hands with a sizeable military presence and Luxembourg still had the city of Luxembourg and vicinity in own hands). Luxembourg does have a core on Arlon which it loses in the Treaty of London. Maastricht gets a German core in that decision as well (simulating entry into the German Confederation). Also reworked relations to prevent Belgium getting its Maastricht claim. The Treaty of London should have more chance of being activated now.

Some of the other changes I've made today:
    -Made Lubbock MEX instead of TEX. Resembles the border much better and doesn't seem to impede the Texan war effort at all.
    -Added TEX cores to Las Cruces and Santa Fe to resemble the Texan claims better.
    -Luxembourg has a German core.
    -Finland sattelite of Russia.
    -Tunis sattelite of Ottoman Empire (so that France won't rape it in 1836, semi-historic as well).

I only have to do adapt a few events now. I hope to have this released by tomorrow.

I'll wait with incorporating OHGamers Region Mod. He still needs to reply and I plan to mod it a bit to get a mix between 1836 historic regions and what works in terms of balance.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Didnt the oranje free state and the the transvaal exist in 1836 they just werent recognised by britain by the 1850s and the natalia republic which is in vanlia apered in 1839 but was anexed in 1842 so i think the boar republics did exist before the 1850s.
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Maastricht gets a German core in that decision as well (simulating entry into the German Confederation).
    -Luxembourg has a German core.
    Um, I hope that you're aware that this makes them required for forming Germany.
    I.e. to form germany you will need Luxembourg and Masstricht, which honestly, doesn't really seem right.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan194 View Post
    Didnt the oranje free state and the the transvaal exist in 1836 they just werent recognised by britain by the 1850s and the natalia republic which is in vanlia apered in 1839 but was anexed in 1842 so i think the boar republics did exist before the 1850s.
    I've been working on the South Africa part for the last hour or two. The more I read and the more I learn about modding, the more I've realized that this is an extremely complicated situation. I've decided to come back to it in a later release. For now Oranje and Transvaal are independent. See it for now as a representation of the loose relations between the various small Boer communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    Um, I hope that you're aware that this makes them required for forming Germany.
    I.e. to form germany you will need Luxembourg and Masstricht, which honestly, doesn't really seem right.
    I did not know that. I've removed the cores.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

There were aculy about 5 boar states i think by 1836 and three qwucua states and another boar state by 1839 it is quite complecated i would just keep the transvaal and oranje as there are vanila and put a event in so the natalia republic aperes in october 1839.
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

Beta 2 is released. See the first page for downloads and screens.

Readme including changelog:

####################
    1836 Improved Beta 2
    ####################

About:
    ======
    This mod changes the setup of the 1836 scenario to be more realistic. It fixes the errors and oversights of the vanilla setup. Countries now have correct cores, borders, etc. Some additional countries are added that make the setup more realistic.

Changelog:
    ==========
    Beta 2:
    -Mexican American states changed to colonies
    -Beefed Egypt's military techs
    -Fixed Seward's Icebox decision
    -Fixed liferating bug in Tarfaya, Pogobi and Longreach
    -Lowered liferating in Calvinia to match rest of state
    -Halshenhai is now terra nullius
    -Tannu Tuva is now terra nullius
    -Lake Balkash provinces on China's eastern border given CHI cores
    -Tarauca is now terra nullius, PEU and BOL have cores
    -Tasmania now ENG
    -New countries have armies
    -Norway given techs and a small navy
    -Finland released, given techs and made a sattelite of Russia
    -TUN made a sattelite of TUR
    -Removed CAN cores in Labrador and Newfoundland
    -Increased relations between several countries to stop some 1836 wars
    -Gave Ammassalik back to DEN
    -Changed VEN cores in Guyana to VNZ
    -LUX gets a core in Arlon which it loses in Treat of London
    -Reverted the Low Countries situation back to vanilla
    -Added TEX cores to Las Cruces and Santa Fe
    -Gave Lubbock to MEX
    -Added auto colonization NFs in Oregon (USA), Idaho (USA) and British Columbia (ENG)

Installation:
    =============
    Extract this archive somewhere and then copy and paste the contents from the 1836 Improved folder to your V2 directory. Default this is: "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2". Backup the original files before installing this mod. You can also use the Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) which allows you to enable multiple mods at the same time while also keeping the original installation intact. You can find the latest version @ http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html

========
    PM me (CaptRobau) at the Paradox Interactive Forums.

Credits:
    ==========
    Everyone who visited my thread and helped me improve the mod.

Would you be willing to allow me to incorporate some of your changes into the New Nations Mod, with credit?

Blog Entries
    The map on the first page makes it look like part of Idaho is gone. IIRC, the strange dangling blotch was necessary to connect the USA to Washington and Oregon so it can colonize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Would you be willing to allow me to incorporate some of your changes into the New Nations Mod, with credit?
    Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    The map on the first page makes it look like part of Idaho is gone. IIRC, the strange dangling blotch was necessary to connect the USA to Washington and Oregon so it can colonize them.
    Well it might look that way to you, but it isn't. The US gets two active colonization NFs at the start of the game on Idaho and Oregon. By 1939 they will be complete. Two weeks later a similar British NF in British Columbia is finished. The AI normally puts its own NF on Washington. This results in the AI doing a historic colonization most of the time. A much better result than with the vanilla version which often resulted in a Mexican Oregon, American Idaho and a British Washington. This situation is still possible but if you're not one of the parties involved, the situation almost always turns out historical, which I think its important since its so close to the start of the game and the forces that led to the situation we have now were already in place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Sure

Well it might look that way to you, but it isn't. The US gets two active colonization NFs at the start of the game on Idaho and Oregon. By 1939 they will be complete. Two weeks later a similar British NF in British Columbia is finished. The AI normally puts its own NF on Washington. This results in the AI doing a historic colonization most of the time. A much better result than with the vanilla version which often resulted in a Mexican Oregon, American Idaho and a British Washington. This situation is still possible but if you're not one of the parties involved, the situation almost always turns out historical, which I think its important since its so close to the start of the game and the forces that led to the situation we have now were already in place.
    Ah, I see. That's clever.

Off that, here's something I thought about. IIRC, the monarchy leader title is "King". Perhaps this should be changed to something more ambiguous like "Your Majesty" to accommodate Britain and China. You may also want to change hms_government to Prime Minister.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about the satellite status of Finland. I feel as though doing this would mean changing parts of Austria (like Lombardy-Venetia) to satellite status, and that just doesn't sit right with me. Finland was considered part of Russia until the revolution.

Wikipedia's description of the Grand Duchy of Russia explains this best: "The Grand Duchy of Finland (correctly the Grand Principality of Finland) was the predecessor state of modern Finland. It existed 1809–1917 as part of the Russian Empire and was ruled by the Russian czar as Grand Prince."

However, if you want to represent decentralization, you could always create country tags that share the same color as their master state and then when they are released, they change tags accordingly. For example, a state with the tag GDF represents the Duchy, and if released from Russia, it becomes FIN.

Hi CaptRobau, I've been looking forward to trying this out. Is it 1.3 compatible?

Suggest this to the PDM guys. This mod looks awesome!
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast