+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to purchase Premium Subscription

Unable to purchase Premium Subscription

Typed in my credit card information and I get the following error:

Payment refused

The financial institution has declined your payment.

Therefore, we cannot honour your request.

Refusal code: 13616

In case of technical problems concerning the payment, contact Allopass Customer Support
    I'm assuming this is the same issue regarding me using a credit card from the USA. However I would like some assurance that I will still receive my Premium Trait Points missed out on in case that the Paypal option is not available before the cut off date of the 17th. I am completely unable to use Allopass.

Second Post: Does this not warrant a response from Paradox or Dreamlords administration?
    Last edited by Lightcaster; 14-01-2011 at 02:24. Reason: double post

Of course not. My post about Allopass issues that got a nice bit of interest from others went completely unresponded to by Paradox, as do posts about other people not being able to buy things from them, so why this one? :P
    I'm known as Iblis in-game and on the old forums. That name was STOLEN here on Paradox, so Klingzog will do

Dreamlords Moderator The Spectre's Avatar

It is rather infuriating for our dedicated playerbase.
    You'll do it because my Luminous Hand says so!

Commentated PvP recordings can be found here! http://www.youtube.com/user/LuminousHand
    Member of [AoP] since '07
    Moderator of Dreamlords: Resurrection - Cynos of Korrectness and Irony

Why does a dedicated player base have a host who is not?

Recruit

Yeah, I really would like to subscribe, but get a refused payment when trying to subscribe. Now I have not had issues subscribing to other games in regions around the world, so the issue here is completely on Allopass.

I really wish that Paypal was an option already D:

Commentated PvP recordings can be found here! http://www.youtube.com/user/LuminousHand

I cannot believe that this has not been sorted out yet !!!

I have again tried to but premium using to cards and get the same message for each transaction

"Payment refused

The financial institution has declined your payment.
    Therefore, we cannot honour your request.
    Refusal code: 13616"

Please, Please sort this out and give us a daily report on what the situation is
    Chancellor - Angels of Peace

As one of the only Australian players I can confirm it works here.

Having to unsubscribe to the automatic payment update, set up "For my convenience" was very inconvenient though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spectre View Post
    Having to unsubscribe to the automatic payment update, set up "For my convenience" was very inconvenient though.
    Is that the subscription auto-renew feature you refer to?

Yes, Tom. Some people are saying they don't want the subscription to default to atuo-renew, especially since it can't be changed from the subscription sign-up page.

But more importantly, when will premium subscriptions be available for Americans, Canadians, and the British? All of us in the many countries whose credit cards Allopass cannot process are unable to buy premium subscriptions, and there has been no progress report on this issue from Lockpick or Paradox--apart from the retroactive trait points promotion being extended to January 17, at which point premium was still unavailable to these customers. If the retroactive program is not made available, I'm out over 50 trait points, even though I have been trying to buy premium since the day it was announced! Tom, you stated in the Ducats thread that PayPal is still set to go live for Ducats purchases this week. How much "later" will it go live for premium subscriptions? As a stopgap, could you make it possible to buy premium subscriptions with Ducats?

--David (Jolebin)
    Last edited by DavidK93; 29-01-2011 at 03:56.

Yes Tom it was the auto-renew.

I don't want to forget about it accidentally and be charged a nice big sum when bills are coming in.
    There should simply be a check-box on the subscription page "I want to automatically renew my subscription"
    that players can either click or leave alone.

I did cancel my subscription so it doesn't auto-renew but was very worried it would stop my premium time, I
    was very glad it didn't but if the check-box isn't implemented it should be made overly clear in giant red bold
    writing that cancelling the subscription means it just stop the auto-renew and the time you have bought will
    not be affected in any way.

Just want to point that subscriptions are also listed here:
    http://connect.paradoxplaza.com/user...tsubscriptions
    From here, you can also cancel your subscriptions. Please note that cancelled subscriptions will remain in the list until they expire (time is out).

We chose the auto-renew option since that was the way Dreamlords was running before it's third iteration, "Resurrection". And given the feedback on the forum, there seems to be an even split for/against auto-renew.

It seems that having "yes auto-renew" and "no auto-renew" radio buttons, or even just separate auto-renew and non-auto-renew subscription options (like the separate 90-day and 180-day options) would satisfy everyone. Why set a default position when you've just conceded that half the player base will disapprove of either possibility?

Now that Ducats are available to almost everyone via PayPal, is there any possibility you could enable the possibility of buying premium time with Ducats? You've said there is no estimate on when it will be possible to purchase premium time directly with PayPal, which makes sense because you have to work it out with Allopass. But using Ducats could be internal to Dreamlords/Paradox; I would think it could be set up much faster. Any word on getting the retroactive premium trait points we would have automatically received if we had been premium subscribers all along, as many of us tried to be?

--David (Jolebin)

We acknowledge that buying Premium hasn't been/isn't easy for some of you.

We are extending the offer of unlocking premium trait points until about one week after premium is available via PayPal.

Every player that goes premium before that date will receive their unlocked premium trait points. The exact date and time the offer expires will be announced when the PayPal option is ready to go live.

ah good, do you know if the currency would be in euros or in USD, or regional(multiple currency depending on where the buyer is)
    I'm about the content, new content is always good, stay with the same stuff for years I might not stay around
    But Dreamlords is one of the exceptions, I've been playing since August 2008, even tho it repeats from time to time...
    i find myself playing it mostly all day, and now being a Mod makes it even harder to leave

One of the current Mods on Dreamlords

Quote Originally Posted by Ribera View Post
    We acknowledge that buying Premium hasn't been/isn't easy for some of you.

We are extending the offer of unlocking premium trait points until about one week after premium is available via PayPal.

Every player that goes premium before that date will receive their unlocked premium trait points. The exact date and time the offer expires will be announced when the PayPal option is ready to go live.
    Thank you for doing the right thing. I knew you would!

I appreciate this consideration for the many of us who have faced difficulties in going premium.

--David (Jolebin)

thats great - buying ducats via paypal its the best thing what been invented ^_^ i would like to know when i should expect paypal for premium purchase active

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDupaFly View Post
    thats great - buying ducats via paypal its the best thing what been invented ^_^ i would like to know when i should expect paypal for premium purchase active
    Buying SS from Paypal directly would be better, rather than having to go via Ducats.

A rough indication of when Premium will be available would be great

or at least have the amount of ducats purchased equal the amout required for each level of tributes.

At the moment to buy 50,000 tribute (7000 Ducats) would require 3 credit card purchases using paypal ( 2 * 2000 and 1 * 1000).
    Chancellor - Angels of Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast