• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lettersf.png

Dear Sir,

Damn. Close enough.

50% slaves? Double damn.

Yours,

Enewald

I think Lafayette agrees with you (on both counts :))

Dear Sir;

Well, we do need to shake the world up, don't we? ;)
I'm happy to see that a worthy man has claimed the worthy position of our nations protector. I must say I'm a little worried by the disappearance of the Austrian Bonapartes... I think highly of our late Empereurs dynasty, but if they would come here not invited and demand any kind of power, they would bring dishonour to their name.

When I read of the Greek uprisings I was filled with joy as much as I was filled with sadness when I read of the Turkish attrocities. I hope the Greeks shall rise in an all out rebellion and liberate their Patria from the absolutist tyrants. Rise greek brothers, and fight in the name of the Revolution!

Yours,

Mr Gabriel Valjean

It is a time of great change, across the world. Your advice to the Bonapartes is no doubt correct. Too bad they're generally shameless in trying to retrieve their ill-gotten power :p

Dear Sir,

The day of Market Street Massacre is a date that will forever live in infamy! A pox on his majesty's subjects!

Yours wrathfully,

R-G. de Baie.

The British aren't going to win any popularity awards, that's for sure!

Dear Sir,

As you indicate in your responses to correspondence, the slave economy of Saint Domingue was one of the most advanced manifestations of the plantation system in terms of sophistication and profit margin. The history of the twists and turns of the slaves' revolution and of its impact around the world is very interesting. Hearing the yawns of my fellow readers, though, I will stop here by mentioning one of the age's fascinating and often forgotten transnational connections: tiny Haiti was the first country in the world to recognise Greek independence in our own timeline's 1821.

Good luck to general Lafayette. I guess it was the best an old Jacobin like me can expect for the time being...

D. de Salvator

That's an interesting tidbit on Haiti - didn't know that!

Hummm Louis' implication can't be good, he was the worst of the Bonaparte...

Worse than Jerome? Louis was just the closest Bonaparte I could find to Vienna.

Dear Sir,

As perturbed as I have been in the wake of the Market Street Massacre, I was nevertheless overjoyed by the arrival of M. de Lafayette, a hero of both great revolutions of our time and a distinguished moderate at that. I am also filled with optimism at the news of the Greek Revolution; being an avowed classicist, I can only hope that the civilized nations of the world will see this event as the first step towards a rebirth of the Golden Age, this time encompassing the Old World and the New.

Yours,

Mssr. Seleucroix

The moderate liberalism of Lafayette will undoubtedly be a boon for the Louisiana, as will his international standing as a diplomatic and military celebrity.

Dear Sir,

Magnifico.

The monarch selects 70% of the senate and the consul, the senate selects the Viceroy when the current one dies. What's not to like about that system?

If all real executive power remains in the Consul and Viceroy, then it is some sort of nifty popular dictatorship by royal decree.

It's also very Banana Republic if a Bonaparte, once of age, has to kill a Viceroy and constantly replace Consuls every time he wants to exert power over his state.

- Monsieur Rogov

I think Lafayette would ideally like to libaralise the system, but time will tell if he can convince the Senators of that!

Dear Sir

First may I comment the new layout and typesetting of your esteemed publication. I shall renew my subscription.

The Viceroy's arrival seems to be a suitable compromise and I look forward to hearing his manifesto for government.

Yours faithfully

Mr A Alfredian

I'm glad you like the new format. It was borne out of necessity, but I'm pleased with the results.

Dear sir

Forget the pricvous reply I have liked a idea someone else made and change it a litle.

So have a Bourbon restoration in Luisinania. While that hapens have Napolean 2 oficaly unify Italy and have the boniparte coat of arms on top of a background with both the frech colers horizontal and the Italian solwr diangnal, and have Mexico be a Monarchy becouse the Luisian Empire helped out the Monarchy of Mexico. :D

From

Derkc2 (a Monarchist:D)

That's a lot of monarchies! I'm not sure our tiny army would support that kind of adventure. Not yet, at least :D

182410top.jpg

182410bottom.jpg

Last edited:
I assume Texas will soon belong to Louisiana?

Also, all those plantation-owning senators should be expelled. The slaves must be free if there's any hope to become an economic power.

Dear Sir,

It appears that the liberals, despite their claims to the contrary, do not represent the will of the people of Louisiana; a further proof we do not trappings of republicanism, but actual leadership that is both decisive and sensitive to the desires of the public. Perhaps the good marquis will, in a short time, become more habituated to the local climes, political and natural, and be the man to provide it.

Yours,

R-G de Baie.

About Louis: he was really the worst of all, never shown any abilities or loyalty to anyone but himself. He was a bad husband and father to Napoleon III and was guilty of treason many times.

Jérome was a courageous man event with his mistake, served in the Navy and fought well around Hougoumont during Waterloo. Never would Louis have done what you said. Jérome could. But it's your story ;)

Napoleon II was known to be a very intelligent character. He didn't worried the Bourbons and Metternich for nothing. He will not let himself dominate so easily by Lafayette, who is pretty old and must be tired.

Dear sir

So as soon as posible I think you have the Fracis Napoelean over throw the present goverment and Form a absalute Monarchy in Luisiania. His relitive Luis over throw the U.S. goverment by some Monarchists in the us and become empore of The U.S.:):cool::D

From

Derekc2

Dear sir

So as soon as posible I think you have the Fracis Napoelean over throw the present goverment and Form a absalute Monarchy in Luisiania. His relitive Luis over throw the U.S. goverment by some Monarchists in the us and become empore of The U.S.:):cool::D

From

Derekc2

I see at least 9 spelling mistake...and I'm a Québécois, english is only my second langage. Make an effort ;)

Dear Sir,

Mexican Empire or United States of Mexico?

Dear Sir,

Mexican Empire or United States of Mexico?

Both ;) It was the Mexican Empire when Louis Bonaparte was appointed Minister Plenipotentiary in 1821, but United States of Mexico in 1824 when this issue was published.

Dear Sir,
What a pleasure it is to read this marvelous story of one of the Earth's great nations!
As a person deeply interested in history as well as society, I must applaud these issues of the Star.
You have my gratitude.

Yours,
Nikolai

Dear Sir;

It was only yesterday that I stumbled upon this lovely publication in a local newsstand. I cannot possibly count the times when I have reproached youngsters that are extremely lacking in knowledge of our nation's glorious past. Of these illiterate troglodytes I have found that my very own grandchildren are probably the worst of the lot. Therefore I would like to sign all seven of them their own subscriptions of Your most informative journal and I shall force their parents to make sure that every issue is read with care and interest.

A most heartfelt thanks for Your effort to make the actions of our forebears more widely read and - hopefully - understood. I look forward to the coming issues with utmost avidity.

Yours,
M. A. Back, Cdre. (ret.)

lettersf.png

To Our Newest Readers:

Dear Sir,
What a pleasure it is to read this marvelous story of one of the Earth's great nations!
As a person deeply interested in history as well as society, I must applaud these issues of the Star.
You have my gratitude.

Yours,
Nikolai

Dear Sir;

It was only yesterday that I stumbled upon this lovely publication in a local newsstand. I cannot possibly count the times when I have reproached youngsters that are extremely lacking in knowledge of our nation's glorious past. Of these illiterate troglodytes I have found that my very own grandchildren are probably the worst of the lot. Therefore I would like to sign all seven of them their own subscriptions of Your most informative journal and I shall force their parents to make sure that every issue is read with care and interest.

A most heartfelt thanks for Your effort to make the actions of our forebears more widely read and - hopefully - understood. I look forward to the coming issues with utmost avidity.

Yours,
M. A. Back, Cdre. (ret.)

I'm very glad to hear that The Star's educational value is appreciated. The editorial team certainly put a lot of work into making sure that events are historically accurate and/or plausible. Most of the persons quoted or named are, in fact, real people. I hope you are inspired to keep up your subscriptions!

Why not allow the Indians to have Texas? :p

Maps, I wants maps!

Maps are nice, I'll admit. Two more issues before the game begins - then you'll get another map.

I suspect the avowed aim of both Louisiana's neighbours is to drive the Indians out of every possible spot of land, I'm afraid. Even worthless bits, like Texas. :(

I assume Texas will soon belong to Louisiana?

Also, all those plantation-owning senators should be expelled. The slaves must be free if there's any hope to become an economic power.

The Mexicans will have something to say about Texas' ownership.
And if we expel the slaveowners, we'll have no economy! :eek: But I agree on your general point. The trick is to convince the country of that!

Dear Sir,

It appears that the liberals, despite their claims to the contrary, do not represent the will of the people of Louisiana; a further proof we do not trappings of republicanism, but actual leadership that is both decisive and sensitive to the desires of the public. Perhaps the good marquis will, in a short time, become more habituated to the local climes, political and natural, and be the man to provide it.

Yours,

R-G de Baie.

About Louis: he was really the worst of all, never shown any abilities or loyalty to anyone but himself. He was a bad husband and father to Napoleon III and was guilty of treason many times.

Jérome was a courageous man event with his mistake, served in the Navy and fought well around Hougoumont during Waterloo. Never would Louis have done what you said. Jérome could. But it's your story ;)

Napoleon II was known to be a very intelligent character. He didn't worried the Bourbons and Metternich for nothing. He will not let himself dominate so easily by Lafayette, who is pretty old and must be tired.

I'm afraid Gen. Hoth's assessment was more correct that M. R-G de Baie's on both Napoleon II and Lafayette (and perhaps also the fickleness of the Louisianais people)...

Dear sir

From

Derekc2

One of those predictions is about to come true...

Last edited:
18309top.jpg

18309borrom.jpg

Dear Sir

This is an disgrace and a pure outrage!
Mssr. Lafayette is a true Louisianan hero and that he should be ousted out in this way is a spot on our national honour!
One can only hope that the new Emperor can prove himself to be more than the plaything of the reactionaries.

Respectfully
Mssr. Sometimes

P.S.
I do hope that our government can somehow reprimand the USA for their treatment of the natives. It is truly unworthy behaviour, driving these poor souls of to die, when it is our God given plight to teach these savages about civilization, and thus save them and their souls from their depravity.

Dear Sir,

Indeed! And I suppose President Jackson would lay this so called trail of tears and death right across our glorious country?

Louisiana isn't some...deportation highway!

Yours sputterlingly,

RGB.

Dear sir

How DARE JACKSON DO THAT:mad:! Not only is he doing one of the most horible inhuman that ever hapened but he also tramping on the rites of forien nations. I say you teach those americans a lesson in how to treat your fellow man. Down with the evil US. I demand that those monsters pay the price for what they did IN BLOOD! As a part native American i ask, no demand you to teach those americans a lesson and reastalbish the native american tribes under your protection.

From

Derekc2

P.S. I like that the bonapartes are back in power:cool:. I say have Luisiania start a absalute monarchy in 1836 please.

YAY! VIVE L'EMPEREUR!

@Derekc2: read yourself before posting. And it is hard to think Napoleon II would have instated an absolute Monarchy. I think for the small we know of his opinions that he was more inspired by the "actes additionnels à la constitution de l'Empire" of 1815. Rediged by Benjamin Constant, a known republican ;) his empire would surely be more like the one of 1815 or the Second Empire of Napoleon III in 1870 before the Franco Prussian War.