• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No seeders, you better keep your pc on and bit torrent running through the night Paul.
Im downloading an ill keep my computer on 24/7 this weekend at least, and ill seed whenever my pc is on after that.

I'll be leaving this download going for a fair while (although I may throttle my upload speed at some point; I'm away on business for most of next week and don't want my flatmates to find their net connection clogged with my uploading).

sprites seems badly broken and aircraft severly underpowered making a stalemate on the iraq war. Not to be rude but i personally liked the 1.5 version better.

Last edited:
Is it any faster though?

EDIT: Seeding. Does anybody have the AoD 1.04 patch that MDS requires? With 1.06b2 there is a lot of funky stuff... :p

Last edited:
1. Before i started the game i looked into option, 2 unkown string wanted.
2. Two "Critical Error" while loading scenario, ignored them and scenario loaded fine, first was Okinawa 1193 owned by JAP, USA wants it, other one was Okinawa 1193 controlled by US.
3. Diplomatic Screen, in Prof-drafted slider "Professional military" and "Drafted Military" are too long descriptions, the names go on top of each other in the middle.
4. View currently active combat button, a green stripe.
5. Diplomatic notifiers have a red stripe.
6. Drafted-professional army event called itself EVT_401_NAME when it triggered.
7. I got WW2 plane sprites and there was an error with Infantry sprites, wasent there a lot of spites uploaded to the old MDS 2 forum? Are they in the game?
8. Strated up as UK but i ran into some serious supply problems, my not to big armed forces required my IC x3 allocated to supplies production.

1. Before i started the game i looked into option, 2 unkown string wanted.
2. Two "Critical Error" while loading scenario, ignored them and scenario loaded fine, first was Okinawa 1193 owned by JAP, USA wants it, other one was Okinawa 1193 controlled by US.
3. Diplomatic Screen, in Prof-drafted slider "Professional military" and "Drafted Military" are too long descriptions, the names go on top of each other in the middle.
4. View currently active combat button, a green stripe.
5. Diplomatic notifiers have a red stripe.
6. Drafted-professional army event called itself EVT_401_NAME when it triggered.
7. I got WW2 plane sprites and there was an error with Infantry sprites, wasent there a lot of spites uploaded to the old MDS 2 forum? Are they in the game?
8. Strated up as UK but i ran into some serious supply problems, my not to big armed forces required my IC x3 allocated to supplies production.

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback, Quanzar. Let me deal with things in order:

1. I'm aware of this. I just requires me to copy some text strings across from the original AoD config files into the MDS ones.
2. This has been fixed. It's come about because I updated the usa.inc file with a new variant that Killerrabbit gave me some time ago, in which the United States has control of Okinawa. Of course, because the japan.inc file indicates that Japan controls Okinawa, you get this message. You can fix it yourself if you wish by going into the japan.inc file and removing the '1193' entries from the ownedprovinces and controlledprovinces lists.
3. I agree. I've been struggling to think of an accurate description of both points that fits.
4 & 5. I'm not 100% certain I undestand what you mean by this. Can you send me a screenshot or two that shows these?
6. Seems like a string needs adding for the event in the relevant file.
7. I'm not up on how well the sprites work as I play with counters, but I'll take a look at this.
8. These are the kinds of things that still need balancing to work with the AoD gameplay mechanics.

From my side: Second Gulf war is got stuck, in Armageddon beta the war lasts only about a month, while there more than 2 months and no end in sight. Coalition even dont capture empty provinces. Sprites positions on map in south irak are messed up.

Attachments

• --2011-02-05--11-45-21.jpg
    --2011-02-05--11-45-21.jpg
    517,6 KB · Views: 205
4 & 5. I'm not 100% certain I undestand what you mean by this. Can you send me a screenshot or two that shows these?

7. I'm not up on how well the sprites work as I play with counters, but I'll take a look at this.

There is also WW 2 aircraft spirtes and naval sprites and some units are represented by wrong sprite, like SSGN use original CA sprite.

Great! I think for the time being people should use the Counters and the sprites can be done later.

Erm I seem to be getting some really weird stuff. I am using 1.05 and the IC is around 500/3000+ for all the nations in the game. I think there is a fix that was posted in the Cold war thread. i will try to use that fix to see if it's going to work or not.

Last edited:
Great! I think for the time being people should use the Counters and the sprites can be done later.

Erm I seem to be getting some really weird stuff. I am using 1.05 and the IC is around 500/3000+ for all the nations in the game. I think there is a fix that was posted in the Cold war thread. i will try to use that fix to see if it's going to work or not.

It's meant to be used with 1.04. I used it with 1.06 beta and got the same issue as you.

Hi!

Just a pop in to wish everybody involved good luck. :)

Cheers! :) Any word on your project? ;)