• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You aren't joking about the rebels. By early 2004 a third of the US is revolting. I loaded up as the US and I see they are out of manpower and their planes have taken a beating from the rebels.

GWB wasn't that bad was he?

I can't do anything about the rebels. I'm sorry about that. I think I should take over the projet as the orignail guys disserpeared.

Here everyone, the GFX file so you won't get any annoying ww2 pics on your troops.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20036105/models.rar

it is a big file. for the tech folder just delete everything in it apart from the no-tech pics. if you do that then the game will fall apart.

Last edited:
I can't do anything about the rebels. I'm sorry about that. I think I should take over the projet as the orignail guys disserpeared.

Hey since Killerrabbit is away, Paul Hanson is his succesor (AoD MDS mod leader). So i think it is better to cooperate with him to iron the bugs out for final release. Well he posts just a bit rarely )) Whatever i wanna have MDS final release at some point.

Hey since Killerrabbit is away, Paul Hanson is his succesor (AoD MDS mod leader). So i think it is better to cooperate with him to iron the bugs out for final release. Well he posts just a bit rarely )) Whatever i wanna have MDS final release at some point.

I know that but I have no idea where he goes. I could start a new website for us.

I have been ironing out the bugs a lot. you be suprised just how much though.

Ok everyone, I was thinking of adding new ideas in this mod, what ideas should be included for 1.6.5? I will put them in and test them and I will gets pics later.

go back to 1.5 its much better than 1.6

so you want us to throw over 2 years of work?

Arma was crap Hoi1 is where it's at brutha!

Arma was crap Hoi1 is where it's at brutha!
Yeah old-school rocks.:D

Seriously, 1.6 has x10 times more events(most of them are working unlike 1.5), better map, graphics but a bit boringly techtree then 1.5. So 1.6>>1.5.

Something to report its 2010 in the game no WW3, Argentina dont invade empty Falklands isles (arg-eng are in war) despite having tranports and navy=> Argentina needs some basic AI

Yeah old-school rocks.:D

Seriously, 1.6 has x10 times more events(most of them are working unlike 1.5), better map, graphics but a bit boringly techtree then 1.5. So 1.6>>1.5.

Something to report its 2010 in the game no WW3, Argentina dont invade empty Falklands isles (arg-eng are in war) despite having tranports and navy=> Argentina needs some basic AI

That is interresting. I never played that far at all so I will need to check the WW3 events.

Well that stalemate sucks but i will give the game last try. And for i would know from people who worked on or done it already, how to insert sprites for
mot. infantry
mech. infantry
tanks
airborne
marines
spec div.
airmobile
garnison or partisan
hq
some air and navy units aswell

What i need are right .spr file names like "T-infantry a-fire c-min l-1 d-se". I tried it myself but failed due to tricky MDS unit system(some tanks got mech sprite some correct tank sprite and so on).

hi people, I am big fan of MDS mod and want to see it on AoD. But I think that there is no reason to use MDS map in AoD anymore. AoD removed max. province number limit but MDS deleted some provinces for the sake of adding more important ones.

Now, Iron Cross brought us the most detailed map HOI2 had. It has immense number of provinces and I think its map is the ideal place for MDS mod.Why using old map instead of much more detailed one ? So, I began to convert MDS mod into Iron Cross. I drew the modern day map and ported the much of MDS 1.6 into Iron Cross. I want to create new scenario as well.

I want help from the people who are interested. Most of the work is conversion but we also need to place IC/resource/ military units on the new map. I created national ideas and they should be properly distributed to nations.

here my thread in Iron Cross forum :

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?517399-Modern-Day-Initiative

Any chance of switching gears to Darkest Hour?
There is a Modern Warfare Mod if you're curious which is based on MDS but they're not affiliated to the MDS team.

Which AOD version is the download on post #41 is based on? Is the torrent just the same as the one on the HOI2 version?