• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Paul Hanson

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
Sep 3, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
Modern Day Scenario

This thread is intended to become the hub for all activity related to the above mod, which I have been converting to AoD and tweaking slightly on-and-off for several months now. It isn't ready for release yet, I'm afraid, but it is getting there; hopefully with the help of your good selves it won't be too far off.

There is a great deal of work still left to do on the mod, but at the moment I'm attempting to get it's files organised properly. A large part of this (which has been consuming most of the time I've spent working in the mod) has been the renaming of all the minister, leader and tech teams pics to fit a common standard; my hope is that this will make it easier to add further examples of all three in the future. There is a catch to this, however; as the image files must have unique names, it means that each minister/leader/team within a country must also have a unique name. This is fine for the vast majority of cases, but falls over in the case of some countries. I'm having a great deal of trouble finding definitive sources on full names for a lot of generals, and I'm not sure that some of them have been named correctly. If you are (or merely consider yourself to be) an expert on the military leadership of the following nations, I'd love to hear from you:

China
Taiwan
Republic of Korea

Note that for the ROK, it appears that whoever drafted the leader file (which is undoubtedly extensive) used given names to name the leaders, as opposed to family names. I'm not 100% certain of this, but it seems to be the case to me.

Aside from that, I'm happy to accept help from anyone willing to offer it, even if your contribution is limited to a small handful of ministers of a seemingly minor bug noticed in the Armageddon version of the mod. I intend on checking this thread regularly, and suggestions are always welcome!

Well i'm happy to see you keep on converting and improving MDS, i thought you gave it up.
So there remains mostly search on asian generals and file renaming work, right?

I can't offer any help, but I very much look forward to the completion of this, and appreciate your good work! :)

Well i'm happy to see you keep on converting and improving MDS, i thought you gave it up.
So there remains mostly search on asian generals and file renaming work, right?

In order to tidy up the files, yes. Once that's been done, I might consider releasing the mod as is to allow people to perform more extensive bugfinding, and suggest ways that it could be improved.

I can't offer any help, but I very much look forward to the completion of this, and appreciate your good work! :)

Many thanks!

I can offer my help here :)
However I'll be busy elsewhere for the next two weeks, but it would be good if you could upload your current work somewhere and send me the link via PM. That way I can see what areas need improvement, and when I'm back in two weeks I can start working on the mod.

I can offer my help here :)
However I'll be busy elsewhere for the next two weeks, but it would be good if you could upload your current work somewhere and send me the link via PM. That way I can see what areas need improvement, and when I'm back in two weeks I can start working on the mod.

I'd be prepared to do that if someone can suggest a good place to upload the mod. Bear in mind that the mod currently weighs in at roughly 1.4GB (uncompressed). :wacko:

I'd be prepared to do that if someone can suggest a good place to upload the mod. Bear in mind that the mod currently weighs in at roughly 1.4GB (uncompressed). :wacko:

Wh... What?! How? Why?

At this size it's probably best to torrent it or something... :eek:

Excellent! Do your modding talents lie in any particular field?

Flags , pictures, techteams, generall polishing and balancing.

The order I used is not random. ;) :p

How the heck did you (we) manage to make it so big? xD
That's a new record, it has to be the largest mod for any Paradox game developed so far...

Paul, how are things going? You don't have to upload the entire mod, I would need only database files such as ministers, tech teams, leaders, events with pics. I'm no good at editing sprites, tech etc anyway.