+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 601 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

This is a bit of a modding/event question, but I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

If in an event's MTTH modifiers, two modifiers refer to the same thing, but at a different rate (ie. there's a modifier for stability < -2 and one for < -1, for example), do the modifiers for -both- count (multiplicatively) or just the largest one?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    1) already explained, compete chance is against other merchants, placement chance is for a free slot.

2) More helps. The more provinces that trade through the CoT you own, the higher your compete chances are with Mercantilism. For a Trade League Leader, all provinces of your trade league count towards this.
    -----

Ok so just to be sure, then with Free Trade = More provinces actually damages your compete chance.

At +5 Free Trade, how many provinces could I have before the -30% for provinces actually exceed the +25% for being +5 Free trade?

(Thanks for the responses)
    Is this heaven?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merserm View Post
    -----

Ok so just to be sure, then with Free Trade = More provinces actually damages your compete chance.

At +5 Free Trade, how many provinces could I have before the -30% for provinces actually exceed the +25% for being +5 Free trade?

Pretty sure being bigger doesn't hurt free trade...
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Is there a maximum population for a province? Venice is stuck at 999999 in my game.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    They aren't stuck. There's limited amount of space to display population of province's capital. Most good provinces will reach that quite fast. Feel free to ignore it. :-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

In EU3 Complete - might apply to later versions as well. Does westernizing from Muslim to Eastern actually increase your tech rate? Aren't there only a few Eastern nations while there are lots of little Muslim ones? Seems like you would take a hit by westernizing in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxklyx View Post
    In EU3 Complete - might apply to later versions as well. Does westernizing from Muslim to Eastern actually increase your tech rate? Aren't there only a few Eastern nations while there are lots of little Muslim ones? Seems like you would take a hit by westernizing in this case.
    Your technology will cost less. It goes from 150% of what western tech costs to 130%.

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Where do I find my forcelimit and other usefull numbers?

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Under your Military tab, Land subsection. Support Limit=Force Limit.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by merserm View Post
    -----

IIRC it's calculated only from your provinces trading in that COT, so unless you're talking about a completely domestic COT you shouldn't worry about it.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Anyone else unable to Colonize in the latest beta patch? I feel I'm forgetting something, but the land is within range of my cored ports and they aren't blockaded that I can see but I can't send any colonists. Rather annoying.

Edit:figured it out.
    Last edited by LordLeto; 11-03-2011 at 04:10.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

Blog Entries
    Two more q's How can you see your colonial distance limit, and how do you use the rebel auto hunt function?

1. Go to the colonial map mode.
    2. Select an army; rebel auto-hunting is a button down the window near where sieze colony, loot province, detach siege etc are.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

Blog Entries
    Thank you once again I love this game, but the only disadvantage I feel I have now is that I can use all my tools well, just, I can't find all my tools

If I'm playing as say england and I have non core provinces, if I become Great Britian will the provinces that are non core reset to '50 years until core'?

Not sure if this matters but this is for DW

Are there any tricks to annexing small island OPMs like the knights as a christian nation without gaining too much bad reputation?
    Last edited by Guston; 11-03-2011 at 10:28.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How does neighbour bonus work for techs when do I get it from who and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by nestorius View Post
    When you are not the tech leader in your tech group you will get a neighbour bonus to research. How big the bonus is depends how far behind you are. Thats the gist of it i dont know the details.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    When you are not the tech leader in your tech group you will get a neighbour bonus to research. How big the bonus is depends how far behind you are. Thats the gist of it i dont know the details.
    I understood that, checked it on the wiki

"National Income:
    Neighbor bonuses: Within each technology group, every nation except the tech leader receives a neighbour bonus. This is calculated using the difference between your tech level and the tech level of the tech leader within your technology group. If you receive no neighbour bonus when you mouseover your sliders from the treasury screen, then you are the tech leader for your technology group."

Unfortunately not really wiser due to it. mainly wondering if having more neighbours is good? or more nations in the tech group is good? or If its just a simple bonus that the non tech leader has, ie that If there are 100 nations in your tech group and your tech leader is 2 techs ahead, you get the same bonus if there are two nations in the group and your tech leader is 2 ahead?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guston View Post
    Are there any tricks to annexing small island OPMs like the knights as a christian nation without gaining too much bad reputation?
    Not really. You could always try to claim their throne and just enforce a PU.

Quote Originally Posted by nestorius View Post
    From real neighbors, but mainly from everyone in your tech group. Having more neighbors and more people in your tech group will give you more of a bonus, and your bonus will also grow depending on how far ahead they are.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 601 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast