+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 601 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 81 106 131 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Landsurveyor View Post
    My manual says that "other nation's armies are prohibited from entering provinces" without permission, yet I see other armies fighting each other in my provinces in 1399 Mecklenburg. At least that's how it appears. Is there an explanation for this?
    If someone is at war with a nation in the HRE, they can walk through all imperial provinces.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    how do I mod instant tech investment value, the one you invest 200 ducats to have 100 points instantly researched. I want to edit the value to 1:1 ratio.
    If you even can, it would be in the defines.txt file.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaphas Cain View Post
    If someone is at war with a nation in the HRE, they can walk through all imperial provinces.
    AFAIK it only applies if the Emperor himself is a beligerent. If Meissen and Salzburg are at war with eachother they won't get anywhere without Miltary Access.

Can Nomads demand land they have a core on from non-nomad country?

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm a pretty big Burgundy (also current HRE).

Castille is also big, smaller than me but not that much. I can take them in a war though.

I'm Catholic, they're Protestant. I have a mission to convert them.

They're in a regency council and I managed to fabricate a claim.

In a war, forcing the PU would cost 90 warscore, forcing religion 50. So getting both looks very unlikely.

So here's the questions: if I go for the PU, will I be able to inherit or integrate them despite the religion difference? If not, is there a way to convert them peacefully?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

You can inherit them, and peaceful conversion if not possible if they are not part of the Empire (which usually is the case).
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

There should be a really simple way to do this, but for the love of me, I can't. How do I check the breakdown for my trade efficiency? I can check the percentage easily enough, but I'd like to know what it consists of exactly.

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc View Post
    I'm a pretty big Burgundy (also current HRE).

Castille is also big, smaller than me but not that much. I can take them in a war though.

I'm Catholic, they're Protestant. I have a mission to convert them.

They're in a regency council and I managed to fabricate a claim.

In a war, forcing the PU would cost 90 warscore, forcing religion 50. So getting both looks very unlikely.

So here's the questions: if I go for the PU, will I be able to inherit or integrate them despite the religion difference? If not, is there a way to convert them peacefully?
    It's your "bad luck" to get the PU CB at the wrong time I would take advantage of it and PU them while you can. You won't be able to convert them peacefully after and will suffer a steady relationship drop that you will have to bribe away every once in a while, but as long as you keep positve relations they should be a reliable ally and you will eventually inherit them.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

I'm getting sick and tired of the mission to get Bohemia to vote for me. Because the only way to get them to vote for me is to vassalize them, they always have 'a strategic interest to become Emperor themselves'. Currently I am the Emperor (and a beloved one at that). Is there anyway to complete this mission without conquering them?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    There should be a really simple way to do this, but for the love of me, I can't. How do I check the breakdown for my trade efficiency? I can check the percentage easily enough, but I'd like to know what it consists of exactly.
    There's a page in the ledger that has "trade efficiency" and "real trade efficiency". It's page 16. Trade efficiency is your base, real trade efficiency is your base plus sliders plus advisors plus other modifiers.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by germanos View Post
    I'm getting sick and tired of the mission to get Bohemia to vote for me. Because the only way to get them to vote for me is to vassalize them, they always have 'a strategic interest to become Emperor themselves'. Currently I am the Emperor (and a beloved one at that). Is there anyway to complete this mission without conquering them?
    I do not believe so.

If you have < 0 relations with them, and there is an elector who is their neighbor who also has relations < 0 (brandenburg would probably be it), there is an event with mtth 300 months that will remove them. Event id = 1055 in holyromanempire.txt

Probably best to just cancel.

How much does the AI's DIP rating matter? If they've got a low rating, are they more likely to accept offers? Or just less successful in their attempts?

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Weaken them to the point were they don't have strategic interests. Or a PU would probably work as well.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by brucemo View Post
    There's a page in the ledger that has "trade efficiency" and "real trade efficiency". It's page 16. Trade efficiency is your base, real trade efficiency is your base plus sliders plus advisors plus other modifiers.
    I found that, however, it's unfortunately not what I was looking for.

What I'm looking for is a complete breakdown of -why- my (real) trade efficiency is what it is. Basically a list of positive and negative factors that change it, so I can see exactly what I can do to improve it.

IIRC there is a cap on the amount of alliances one can have. How does that work out?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    IIRC there is a cap on the amount of alliances one can have. How does that work out?
    Generally, it is very hard to get more allies after you already have 2, and the AI will also almost always deny alliance offers if it already has 2.

Vassals don't count.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

So I play as Austria and get the super nice mission to Vassalage Hungary, but then my King dies and the heir is only 3 years old,
    so the Subjegation Casus Belli (0% infamy, 200% presige and 50% cost of Vassalage) ends during the Regency Council (can't declare war).
    These 12 years of building marketplaces were insanely frustrating since I:
    - Just had speed learned Longbows
    - Had loads of juicy CBs
    - Was the HRE and was ready to kick some serious ass.

Is there any way to avoid Regency Council or minimize the risks of getting it?
    Or should you just suck it up as a natural part of the game to be castrated for +10 years?

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by perer005 View Post
    Is there any way to avoid Regency Council or minimize the risks of getting it?
    Or should you just suck it up as a natural part of the game to be castrated for +10 years?
    Don't have your ruler as a leader of an army. Theres a chance for him to die in battles and seiges. Other then that its a normal occurance you have little sway over.

That said there are tricks to getting around it. You can place garuntees or expand your SoI or form alliances on/wait countries you think your target is likely to attack(or likely to attack and invite w/ alliances). You can also warn the country in question. Besically you have to be pulled in rather then start it yourself. It can be tricky but its doable.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IINaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by perer005 View Post
    - Was the HRE and was ready to kick some serious ass.
    If you were the HRE you should have had a king who can declare a nice juicy war. Or it has changed in DW, I dont know. A regency can not hold the HRE crown AFAIK.
    Last edited by Rhadok; 21-02-2011 at 00:31. Reason: typo

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A regency can hold the Emperorship in DW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 601 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 81 106 131 156 ... LastLast