+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 602 FirstFirst ... 2 27 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 77 102 127 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 12027

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    it is even better to max out a slider. you will have the benefits of this one tech sooner. never spread.
    'Never' is a big word. It's usually better to go for one tech at a time, yes; but if the techs you're going for don't give any particular benefit, you might not want to bother fiddling with your sliders every couple of years, but just leave them spread for 10-15 years while you worry about other things.

Also, while it's a small factor: remember that when you reach a new tech level, you're also giving a bigger neighbour bonus to all your rivals to help them catch up with you. If the tech level you reach doesn't give you a bonus, all you're doing by reaching it faster is helping your enemies...

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

What exactly is "war capacity"? What does it measure? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    Also, while it's a small factor: remember that when you reach a new tech level, you're also giving a bigger neighbour bonus to all your rivals to help them catch up with you. If the tech level you reach doesn't give you a bonus, all you're doing by reaching it faster is helping your enemies...
    How does Neighbor bonus actually work, is it only your direct neighbors? And what happens if you have a buffer-zone of Vassals between yourself and zhe enemiez?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perer005 View Post
    How does Neighbor bonus actually work
    You get tech investment bonus for every nation in your tech group that is ahead of you, and more if they are farther ahead of you.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

AFAIK your 'neighbours' is your Tech group (Latin, Eastern etc.)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How does Neighbor bonus actually work, is it only your direct neighbors? And what happens if you have a buffer-zone of Vassals between yourself and zhe enemiez?
    It's a bonus from your entire tech group. Adjacency doesn't matter.

For instance, a Great Britain that owns all the British Isles and no other provinces would still qualify for a neighbor bonus, even though they have no actual neighbors. Similarly, a country that just Westernized will get a bonus from all Western (or whatever tech group you just entered) nations.

Ahh... so in short you can focus on 2-3 Tech trees since you'll get enough Neighbor bonus to keep the others running anyway?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Ahh... so in short you can focus on 2-3 Tech trees since you'll get enough Neighbor bonus to keep the others running anyway?
    Not enough to stay modern. You'll fall behind several techs if you don't invest anything into them for 50 years.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Well if you do that you'll start getting the "ahead of time" penalty which I like to avoid. I always just put all into one tech - but I'm just a newbie.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    It's a bonus from your entire tech group. Adjacency doesn't matter.
    Actually, there was a thread from ... a month or two ago? that proved that neighbour bonus comes from both everyone in your tech group, AND everyone you directly border (and I believe direct-border-in-tech-group) counted twice. You'd have to look around a bit to find it, but if you're backwards, bordering more countries is more better (until they invade)

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quick question:

I am playing EUIII with updates but not yet any expansions (will get this weekend). But when I'm dealing with rebels, and really sometimes other nations, the wierdest things seem to happen.

As Wales I have a revolt in a province, I send my army of 4k to quell the revolt, yet an army of 1k beats my army?! Im not sure I understand this. Also, I went to war with Brittany with a war score of 100%, and when I have them cede Finistere and Morbihan, war score of 40, then try and vassal the rest (which is only Vendee) for a tottle warscore of 94, they reject that offer. They will cede the other two provinces but that is it.

Any advice to this?

Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
    True I am to my country

Damsels Not In Distress mode (allows female inheritance in CK I) & Crusader Queens, Cool-toxic's CK Clone
    Jordarkelf's DV Improvement Pack, Looking for a Good Starting County? Gwynedd FTW!
    Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality during the middle ages discussion thread.

Drachenfire: Were your troops on maximum morale? Also did the terrain (I know wales is mountaneous at parts) give the rebels a major boost?

Bohemia is my vassal and I would love to diplo-annex them if possible but as it has 7 provinces I am worried that they wouldn't be cored so it would add 1.75 to my yearly infamy score. Is that the case or would they be cored? What would you do if you were me?

67 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder V View Post
    Drachenfire: Were your troops on maximum morale? Also did the terrain (I know wales is mountaneous at parts) give the rebels a major boost?

Bohemia is my vassal and I would love to diplo-annex them if possible but as it has 7 provinces I am worried that they wouldn't be cored so it would add 1.75 to my yearly infamy score. Is that the case or would they be cored? What would you do if you were me?
    They won't be cored. You will get the unlawful territory penalty. Either keep them as your vassal, they are quite powerful, will send you half their tax income and help you in wars reasonably well. OR Cancle the vassal and then force a PU on them that way when you inherit them you will get cores if you are both in the HRE regardless of your culture groups.

For this game, keep them as vassal, don't inherit.

For future games, force a pu don't force vassal.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

How do you find out what unit types another country is using?

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessOrphan View Post
    How do you find out what unit types another country is using?
    Two ways:

-When in battle with them you hover over one of their regiments in the battle screen.
    -If you own one of their cores you can recruit their regiment types.

Quote Originally Posted by Keinwyn View Post
    When in battle with them you hover over one of their regiments in the battle screen.
    If you own one of their cores you can recruit their regiment types.
    No way to tell before you start a war with him? (Assuming I don't have his cores, which I don't.)

nope. you could always just tag switch though. or you can guess by his tech level and tech group.

67 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessOrphan View Post
    No way to tell before you start a war with him? (Assuming I don't have his cores, which I don't.)
    If you can see him build a unit, ie send some boats to his coast to scout, then mouseover that and it will say "building men at arms" etc.

Or just reload a save as that country. In general though the AI will almost never westernise, so you can just asume its the one it was at the start. Additionally you can set it to be a message pop up when another country westernises so you know which ones have actually changed tech group at least.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Is it quicker to load/unload armies from a sea zone with a port to the province? Does the AI always attack from the zone the port is in?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 602 FirstFirst ... 2 27 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 77 102 127 152 ... LastLast