+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 602 FirstFirst ... 18 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 68 93 118 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yxklyx: Yes.
    You mean: An enemy army is besieging one of your or your allies/vassals provinces, and you put a boatload of troops into the port? Then yes, they get a terrain bonus just as if you were attacker. It's possible, but I'm not positive, that you also have a penalty of sort of 'river crossing' from attacking from the sea, but I don't see anything on the wiki to support this, it might be something I've imagined.

This chart on the wiki says I can get to Noble Republic from Empire for 4 Stability. But the game says no. How would I get from Empire to Noble Republic?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Yxklyx View Post
    If you land your army by disembarking quickly at one of your ports does the defender get a defensive bonus in the ensuing battle?
    I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC you can suffer from terrain bonus for the defender as well as that they get the bonus against a amphibious landing. If the army that enters through the harbour is big enough, even a small force that's already fighting your target may get a malus as well (Your combined armies that is)

question

how to you change the text from the country ideas?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Is there a difference between an Archbishopric and a Monastic State? (F.e. Cologne and Teutonic Order). It seems both are a Theocracy, but how come they have different names?

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

There is no difference. Different names are just a flavour thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessOrphan View Post
    This chart on the wiki says I can get to Noble Republic from Empire for 4 Stability. But the game says no. How would I get from Empire to Noble Republic?
    You need Gov tech 10

Quote Originally Posted by germanos View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC you can suffer from terrain bonus for the defender as well as that they get the bonus against a amphibious landing. If the army that enters through the harbour is big enough, even a small force that's already fighting your target may get a malus as well (Your combined armies that is)
    You are right. However if you control the port and you disembarked by putting your ships into harbour then you don't get the amphibious landing penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    question

how to you change the text from the country ideas?
    In your EUIII/localisation folder open text.csv (notepad or notepad ++ is the best option)

somwhere in there are the national ideas text. e.g. :

Code:
    patron_of_art;Patron of the Arts;Mécčne;Mäzen der Künste;Patron sztuki;Mecenas de las artes;Mecenati;A művészetek patrónusa;Patron umění;;;;;;x;

patron_of_art_desc;Our quest towards a culturally cultivated society begins here. Our artistic wonders will go down in history as the most marvellous of this era.;Notre quęte d'une société cultivée commence ici. Les joyaux de notre art traverseront l'histoire comme étant les plus magnifiques créations de cette époque.;Unser Streben nach einer kulturell kultivierten Gesellschaft beginnt hier und jetzt. Unsere künsterlischen Wunderwerke werden als die wunderbarsten unserer Ära in die Geschichte eingehen.;Rozpoczniemy tworzenie społeczeństwa, w którym sztuka odgrywa dużą rolę. Niesamowite dokonanie naszej sztuki przejdą do historii, jako najwspanialsze w tej epoce.;Aquí empezamos el camino hacia una sociedad cultivada culturalmente. Nuestras obras de arte pasarán a la historia como las más maravillosas de esta era.;La nostra aspirazione a una societŕ colta comincia qui. Le nostre opere d'arte rimarranno nei secoli come le piů meravigliose del nostro tempo.;Itt kezdődik a kultúra ápolására tett kísérletünk. Művészeti értékeink fennmaradnak majd, és úgy emlékeznek majd rájuk, mint egy dicső kor legdicsőbb műalkotásaira.;Zde začíná naše cesta ke kultivované a kulturně vyspělé společnosti. Naše umělecké zázraky nebudou historií zapomenuty.;;;;;;x;
    Last edited by Keinwyn; 09-02-2011 at 13:06.

Is there a way to determine how long an army's or navy's trip will take? Say moving ships from Lisbon to Ceylon? The mouseover only tells me how long it will take to move to the next area.

How does a landlocked province with no connection provinces/ports to your Capital function? Can a connection be made using Military Access through another country?
    Last edited by Yxklyx; 09-02-2011 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Keinwyn View Post
    You need Gov tech 10
    I have Gov 10. Are there any other requirements? The game doesn't specify.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxklyx View Post
    Can a connection be made using Military Access through another country?
    No.

I have Gov 10. Are there any other requirements? The game doesn't specify.
    The game isn't supposed to show government types that you can't go to... Um...

I don't know, maybe you currently have a regency council?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Playing France, what is the best way to annex your vassals? For example I get the mission to annex Orleans. Is the ony way I can do that by diplo-annexing? Playing HttT.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    Playing France, what is the best way to annex your vassals? For example I get the mission to annex Orleans. Is the ony way I can do that by diplo-annexing? Playing HttT.
    Nope, you can get it by annexing them through war.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

To get the mission you must diplo-annex.

The best way is to cancel vassalisation and declare war.

edit: semi-emued

Yes but declaring war while they are still my vassal means -3 stability. And I tried to cancell the vassalisation, but that ended the mission.
    Anyway what is the best target for France in the beginning? Playing Grand Campaign. I'm new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    The game isn't supposed to show government types that you can't go to... Um...

I don't know, maybe you currently have a regency council?
    Nope. I do have four wars, a lot of vassals, and one personal union going on, though. Would any of that bar the way to a Noble Republic?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yes but declaring war while they are still my vassal means -3 stability. And I tried to cancell the vassalisation, but that ended the mission.
    Anyway what is the best target for France in the beginning? Playing Grand Campaign. I'm new to the game.
    They must've fixed that exploit in HTTT, then.

A good target for France is the German minors. Just make sure you can take on the Emperor, first.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Nope. I do have four wars, a lot of vassals, and one personal union going on, though. Would any of that bar the way to a Noble Republic?
    Republics can't have PU's.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Republics can't have PU's.
    Ah! I thought PU's were under the same limitations as Royal Marriages, so Noble Republics could squeeze them in. Too bad! Absolute Monarchy or bust.

hi

how can i add decisions to an created nation(by me)

I added the decision in the decisions folder and registrated it in the text.cvs but nothing...

I just signed an automatic white peace after 14 years of war. What's the length of non-fighting period I sign white peace automatically?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 602 FirstFirst ... 18 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 68 93 118 143 ... LastLast