+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 602 FirstFirst ... 304 329 354 379 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 429 454 479 504 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 12037

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    No.
    The modifiers themselves are in common\triggered_modifiers.txt of course and the localisations are not in any specific files; any localisation can be in any file in the localisation folder.
    That'll teach me to answer without my home PC in front of me
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Is it possible to become the Holy Roman Emperor with the Ottomans?
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Is it possible to become the Holy Roman Emperor with the Ottomans?
    If you're christian, yes.

Sorry if this sounds nooby.
    Could someone please tell me where the game saves screenshots too?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DJLENNON View Post
    Sorry if this sounds nooby.
    Could someone please tell me where the game saves screenshots too?
    There should be a Screenshots folder inside your Europa Universalis folder.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    There should be a Screenshots folder inside your Europa Universalis folder.
    If you've got Windows 7 64-bit and you have EU3 in the Program Files (x86) folder, you may need to click on "Show Compatibility Files" to see them.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

If I release vassals with provinces I have cores on, do I get the prestige penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by vonHassenstein View Post
    If I release vassals with provinces I have cores on, do I get the prestige penalty?
    No, you lose the cores.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

What are the factors that go into recruitment time in a province (before you add Army buildings).

I assumed manpower, but I see provinces with higher manpower but longer recruitment times.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    No, you lose the cores.
    Only in 5.2 though, not in 5.1.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

I always read that when you change country tags, eg Castille => Spain, you should save and reload immediately, because of impending problems. But what if the AI changes country tags? Should I also reload? Or does the AI not suffer from those problems? And what are those problems anyway?

Also, is military maintenance affected by Serfdom, Aristocracy etc? Or do they only affect recruiting costs?
    Last edited by vonHassenstein; 26-05-2012 at 06:00.

Found it. Thanks.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by vonHassenstein View Post
    I always read that when you change country tags, eg Castille => Spain, you should save and reload immediately, because of impending problems. But what if the AI changes country tags? Should I also reload? Or does the AI not suffer from those problems? And what are those problems anyway?
    Yes, you should reload after you notice an AI doing a tag-change as well. You might not notice the issues as easily when the AI does it but some of them will still happen. I don't know if anyone has actually listed the various problems; it's just something that comes up frequently when someone reports a bug.
    Also, is military maintenance affected by Serfdom, Aristocracy etc? Or do they only affect recruiting costs?
    Anything that affects recruiting cost directly affects maintenance cost as well (may not apply to mercenaries though).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Whats the best way to lose infamy? Is there even one?

Thanks.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Joe1000000 View Post

Thanks.
    A king with a good diplomacy rating, an embassy (a unique building), an advisor (I don't know the name, but if you check the descriptions, there is one which reduces infamy).
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

The advisor is a diplomat IIRC. There is also the cabinet national idea but that isn't available until Government tech level of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistachio101 View Post
    The advisor is a diplomat IIRC. There is also the cabinet national idea but that isn't available until Government tech level of 30.
    In addition making sure your diplomat is level 5 or 6 enables an event which can remove 6 infamy in one go.
    Check out the EU3 wiki here.
    Also see my personal Project Section

Quote Originally Posted by Joe1000000 View Post

Thanks.
    If you need to lose some in a hurry, release a vassal.

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    If you need to lose some in a hurry, release a vassal.
    By the way, what more do you need to release a vassal besides matching culture? I went to war with the Ottomans hoping to conquer some Yemeni provinces to then release a Catholic Yemen but I'm not allowed to.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------

I am a monarchy and I'm changing to a republic. Will my king stay as the republic's first leader or will he disappear immediately?

+ Reply to Thread