+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 602 FirstFirst ... 293 318 343 368 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 418 443 468 493 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm playing the 5.2 beta patch as Denmark and I lead a PU with Sweden.I have a bigger army than Sweden and a bigger navy yet they still insult me? Is there something else which could lead to them to insult me?

Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Does production efficiency increase tariffs? I built a dock in gold province, yet tariff in said province remains unchanged. If I remember correctly, production efficiency used to increase tariffs. Has that changed? Or was it never like that? (Haven't played in a while)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by vonHassenstein View Post
    Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Does production efficiency increase tariffs? I built a dock in gold province, yet tariff in said province remains unchanged. If I remember correctly, production efficiency used to increase tariffs. Has that changed? Or was it never like that? (Haven't played in a while)
    as far is I know gold income does not count as 'production' (it is kind of independent resource - it is not traded as well) so production buildings don't have any effect on gold provinces.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by vonHassenstein View Post
    Divine Wind 5.2 Beta.

Production effiency does increae tariffs.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Titanshoe View Post
    I'm playing the 5.2 beta patch as Denmark and I lead a PU with Sweden.I have a bigger army than Sweden and a bigger navy yet they still insult me? Is there something else which could lead to them to insult me?
    Number of provinces, maybe?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Is there anyway to end a PU between two nations? To make it clear: I (A) want to terminate or end a Personal Union between B and C.
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Is there anyway to end a PU between two nations? To make it clear: I (A) want to terminate or end a Personal Union between B and C.
    If the nation leading the PU has negative relations with the PU partner, or negative prestige, the PU will end on monarch death. Making them have negative prestige is a bit easier. Just beat them badly in a war.
    -Ruanek

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Lower B's prestige below C's and hope their ruler dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JonStryker View Post
    Lower B's prestige below C's and hope their ruler dies.
    It doesn't end when lower than the lesser PU partner. It ends when it's negative.
    -Ruanek

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It doesn't end when lower than the lesser PU partner. It ends when it's negative.

I need to take that last province in Greece to complete the mission conquer southern Greece. However the Byzantines (-87 prestige) are in a PU with Castille (54 prestige).

by the way is there bug in EU3 considering provinces names, become I changed some provinces names but it doesn't shows them on the map after reloading.
    Last edited by PiriReis; 12-06-2013 at 01:16.

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Attachment 54028

I need to take that last province in Greece to complete the mission conquer southern Greece. However the Byzantines (-87 prestige) are in a PU with Castille (54 prestige).

by the way is there bug in EU3 considering provinces names, become I changed some provinces names but it doesn't shows them on the map after reloading.
    A PU lead by a Castille of that size would be fairly difficult to end. You'd probably want to go to war with them anyway (which I'm guessing would defeat the purpose, because you want land of the lesser PU partner).
    -Ruanek

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well solution is easy, just kill of castille, and force them to give you last byzantium province.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club

Is a Royal Marriage cancelled upon death of one of the rulers?

I noticed a lot of those marriages have disappeared without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well solution is easy, just kill of castille, and force them to give you last byzantium province.
    Thats the problem. I had some luck that England/Portugal were fighting Castille, so I declared war on Castille too. Castille was so busy fighting Portugal and England that I could sweep everything that Castille owned in Northern Africa and Sardinia/Baleares. However when I decided to make peace with them, they wouldnt give me that province of Byzantine. Then the French joined the party by invading from the north and still they didnt gave me that province while I had 26% warscore.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by springel View Post
    Is a Royal Marriage cancelled upon death of one of the rulers?

I noticed a lot of those marriages have disappeared without notice.
    Yes. You have to constantly reestablish royal marriages (except for PUs).
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Is there any way to speed up inheritance? I've had a country in a PU for about 170 years now and I can't seem to inherit it for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by satilisu View Post
    Is there any way to speed up inheritance? I've had a country in a PU for about 170 years now and I can't seem to inherit it for the life of me.
    Relations with them have to be above 100. It tends to be sped up by good relations, high trust and high prestige while being at war seems to affect it negatively, though it's not certain how.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    Relations with them have to be above 100. It tends to be sped up by good relations, high trust and high prestige while being at war seems to affect it negatively, though it's not certain how.
    I've had +190 relations for maybe 150 out of 170 years, permanent 100 prestige (unifying the HRE does some silly things), but they're only at the "uphold our bargains" level of trust :/

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I've had +190 relations for maybe 150 out of 170 years, permanent 100 prestige (unifying the HRE does some silly things), but they're only at the "uphold our bargains" level of trust :/
    Kill some rebels on their territory; a cheap and easy way to build up trust.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    You could make every ruler you get a general, that would speed up their deaths.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

+ Reply to Thread