+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 601 FirstFirst ... 278 303 328 353 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 403 428 453 478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

That was what I thought too, but at one point the game predicted I would inherit Naples. So maybe not; anyway, that still leaves Oldenburg. Thanks though.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

inheritance is mostly like gambling anyway... not to mention that the tooltip that tells you about it is pretty much broken.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

OK then. I guess the best route is to wait another 10 or so years and integrate Naples, which will give me enough provinces to get Oldenburg and Friesland?
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

since you won't get cores on those Italian provinces even if you could inherit them somehow, I guess so...

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    inheritance is mostly like gambling anyway... not to mention that the tooltip that tells you about it is pretty much broken.
    Not like gambling for me, if I keep prestige high, relations highest, infamy lowest. I almost always inherit, if i got 5 nations in PU I inherit 4 out of 5.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    I don't think you can inherit PU partners larger than you.
    Size will not prevent inheritance. A junior partner larger (or at least with a larger army) than the senior will insult the senior to lower relations though.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I am confused about something that happened in my EU3 game and am wondering if you guys can tell me what happened.

This is the situation (well a few years old but close enough).

I am in an alliance with Mamluks and our relations are about 65. We are both at peace at the time. For some reason our relations randomly drop to about -35 or so and a week later he drops his alliance with me. I thought this was weird because I don't know what made our relations fall (he didn't insult me by the looks of it, or warn me because I should get popups for those) and because I didn't get a popup telling me that he broke the alliance like it should. I only noticed because I couldn't see inside of his lands anymore.

Anyone know what happened?
    Last edited by ZZMitch; 11-04-2012 at 02:03.

Did you have an RM, and did you claim a throne? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMitch View Post
    Anyone know what happened?
    Did one of you change religion?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Mamluks recently claimed the throne of the Timurids I believe and I have a royal marriage with the Timurids... would that cause it too?

No one changed religion.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Maybe he collapsed; that will break all ties to other nations, although from the size of the Mamluks, that's not a great answer either.

EDIT: Shame on me for not reading closely enough. Yes, when somebody claims a throne, relations with all countries you have an RM with will drop significantly.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Maybe he collapsed; that will break all ties to other nations, although from the size of the Mamluks, that's not a great answer either.

EDIT: Shame on me for not reading closely enough. Yes, when somebody claims a throne, relations with all countries you have an RM with will drop significantly.
    Okay thanks! I may remove my RM with the mamluks then... seems gamey though so i'll think about it I guess.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMitch View Post
    Okay thanks! I may remove my RM with the mamluks then... seems gamey though so i'll think about it I guess.
    It's a one time hit; your relations should slowly recover over time.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    It's a one time hit; your relations should slowly recover over time.
    I know that, it is just that it took a while to get this alliance with the Mamluks the first time and it will probably be hard to get back. But thanks for the responses!

Is it bad to raise legitimacy in a PU where you are the junior partner and want to break lose?

Habsburger with Cheese hitchens's Avatar
    EU3 Complete

Is it possible to change the title screen? The divine wind screen....to be honest it is awful. It totally deviates from the art work of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hitchens View Post
    Is it possible to change the title screen? The divine wind screen....to be honest it is awful. It totally deviates from the art work of the game.
    A lot of mods do it, so it is possible. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. You may be better off asking in the modding subforum.
    -Ruanek

Quote Originally Posted by Oshidashi View Post
    Is it bad to raise legitimacy in a PU where you are the junior partner and want to break lose?
    I don't think it's a factor. Just keep relations below 0 and you should be fine.

Death & Taxes question: I'm playing as Egypt and wish to reinstate the pentarchy. How can I switch from Muslim to Orthodox? I let orthodox rebels take one of the former Ethiopian provinces but I am unable to negotiate with them because I am Muslim. The same happened with Catholic rebels. Is conversion possible?

Ok, I really need some help.

I'm playing a game and england declares war on me for some sort of conquest CB. They get beat, decisively, 20% warscore in my favor, they will not accept any demands they will not accept white peace. Years and years go by, war is still on. I say screw it and start to offer things, I offer EVERY SINGLE THING that is possible to offer in a peace deal and they wont even accept that.

Did the ai just smack itself in the face with a hammer a few times or am I missing something?

+ Reply to Thread