+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 602 FirstFirst ... 272 297 322 347 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 397 422 447 472 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 12029

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by nsahn View Post
    Do blockaded ports count for colonial range calculations? E.g., if Great Britain blockades all French ports, will France be able to send colonists?
    nup

criteria is 'closest unblockaded core province', which means if you occupy the province it doesn't count too
    Gaijin

Minority Whip
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: Rome

every time i get an event, like border friction, which is supposed to give me a casus belli, when i go to declare war, it says no casus belli ... in fact, under no circumstances do i ever seem to have a casus belli ... what am i missing?
    "Muddling through in the face of imminent disaster was the fate of all past generations. Perhaps we will do the same, and others after us." -- William H. McNeill

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by tpc View Post
    every time i get an event, like border friction, which is supposed to give me a casus belli, when i go to declare war, it says no casus belli ... in fact, under no circumstances do i ever seem to have a casus belli ... what am i missing?
    Felt the same frustration too. After you click "Declare War", there should be a mini-panel on the right that lists available Casus Belli for you to press.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by _anomaly View Post
    nup

criteria is 'closest unblockaded core province', which means if you occupy the province it doesn't count too
    Thanks. No Louisiana or Quebec gonna be in my game... ha...

Minority Whip
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by nsahn View Post
    Felt the same frustration too. After you click "Declare War", there should be a mini-panel on the right that lists available Casus Belli for you to press.
    ah .... thanks so much
    "Muddling through in the face of imminent disaster was the fate of all past generations. Perhaps we will do the same, and others after us." -- William H. McNeill

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ajsciri4 View Post
    Is conquering North Africa worth it, or will it just bring RR and drag down my research?
    All of the above.
    The most reasonable answer that I can offer, is that it depends on what nation you are, and how large and/or fiscally secure you are.

If you are an OPM with a port - I wouldn't do it. If you are a blob in the HRE, go for it. If you are a non-HRE Eurasian nation, then maybe. The majority of North African (and you might as well add Middle Eastern, Eurasian Horde, etc. etc.) provinces are not wealthy, so there will be reduced income during RR, and even after RR subsides, you won't *quite* have a revenue windfall. Additionally, you will have to divide your forces between your home nation and your new conquests - which will probably mean building many more troops (spending ducats), even if you avoided having regiments destroyed during your conquests. Then there is the significant cost (in ducats and RR) of conversion, if you choose to do that. So conquering those non-threatening lands is generally not an easy source for more ducats. Vassalizing your neighbors, province improvements, and trading can offer more benefits in the short term.

There are distinct short-term advantages to the early parts of conquering the infidels; namely the *fighting*. Crusade gives nice bonuses for as long as you can drag out your warfare. Unam Sanctum is a really nice way to take a lot of land (with the wrong religion!) for a small amount of infamy.

In my Transylvania game, I'm quickly falling behind in tech - even though I've managed to join the HRE recently - largely because I slacked off in province improvements. Gobbling up what is left of the Ottomans (and their allies, and their neighbors) makes sense because it adds to my Force Limits and manpower. To be victorious against other members of the HRE (and even some Middle Eastern nations who invested in tech instead of warfare), I have to outnumber them by at least 2 to 1, until I can Westernize.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

What is the "White Peace!" event? I was at war with the Hansa and a couple of allies for a while as Bavaria, where I was always waiting for my infamy to drop enough so I can annex another nation. But then this "white peace!" event happens to the Hansa, and a white peace happens, without me accepting it.

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    What is the "White Peace!" event? I was at war with the Hansa and a couple of allies for a while as Bavaria, where I was always waiting for my infamy to drop enough so I can annex another nation. But then this "white peace!" event happens to the Hansa, and a white peace happens, without me accepting it.
    If no combat, occupation, or blockades occur for 5 straight years the war will automatically end.
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    If you are at war, but haven't fought for five years (sieges don't count), you automatically get a white peace. If you want to continue a long war, send over some mercenaries now and again to attack their troops and demonstrate your hostility.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Sikh
    Ideology: Some nebulous liberal nonsense
    Issues: Civil Rights, Environmentalism, technology
    Current Occupation: University Student! Upgrade!

MODS: CK2 Better Mountains II Painterly CK2 CK2 Mongol Invasion

Is it bad (if I want to expand and go to war) if I have full Inovative? (-5)
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan View Post
    Is it bad (if I want to expand and go to war) if I have full Innovative? (-5)
    Nah. Just keep your wars as short as possible, and resign yourself to *never* being the Papal Controller. Or having any cardinals.
    There is no wrong configuration of government, but you should understand how the effects can limit your options.

That'll be difficult, (and I'm Orthodox and Rome. So the Papal don't even exist) but I'll try. Does it make it worse if I'm also almost fully centralized (also decreasing on that, but hey I'm caesar!)?

For I've noticed I'm basically screwed if it goes on for longer than a year or so.

Playing as Austria I got the mission "Make Bohemia vote for you".

When I use the tooltip on the elector screen I am told that Bohemia for "strategic reasons" votes for them self. Relations are 86 at the moment (all other modifiers is also in my favor).

Will it help to bring relations to 200 or do I need to make them my vassals (for roleplaying reasons I would like to avoid that) in order to make them vote for me?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Gibskov View Post
    Playing as Austria I got the mission "Make Bohemia vote for you".

When I use the tooltip on the elector screen I am told that Bohemia for "strategic reasons" votes for them self. Relations are 86 at the moment (all other modifiers is also in my favor).

Will it help to bring relations to 200 or do I need to make them my vassals (for roleplaying reasons I would like to avoid that) in order to make them vote for me?

Thanks in advance
    They will never vote for you unless vassilised or reduced to a small nation(iirc its the same for any large nation in the hre), it can be worthwhile to do it as I think having them as vassals is a requirement for the austrian inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
    They will never vote for you unless vassilised or reduced to a small nation(iirc its the same for any large nation in the hre), it can be worthwhile to do it as I think having them as vassals is a requirement for the austrian inheritance
    Thanks

How do I stop paying tribute to steppe nomads when I don't want to buy them off anymore?
    Master of disguise.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by keynes2.0 View Post
    How do I stop paying tribute to steppe nomads when I don't want to buy them off anymore?
    Declare war. There is no way to get a CB though so you will take a stabhit.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

How come for some nations that are not relatively big they have an insane % in order to be vassalized? (around 250% of victory) Like Austria.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan View Post
    How come for some nations that are not relatively big they have an insane % in order to be vassalized? (around 250% of victory) Like Austria.
    Cost to vassalize is based on the total peace cost of all their provinces which is in turn based largely on the wealth of the provinces; Austria has very valuable provinces.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well ukraine Too. Kiev got one of higest base tax in europe. It may be impossible to annex them if they got like 3 provinces or more.

+ Reply to Thread