+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 601 FirstFirst ... 265 290 315 340 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 390 415 440 465 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well, you need to be orthodox obviously...

completely forgot about it...
    I'll declare a war to an orthodox country and offer peace with religion change.

thank you!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by ghibbio View Post
    I have 1 question about culture:
    The only problem is that appeared a message telling me that greek culture was no longer accepted (a lot of provinces with greek culture) and that lombard culture was now accepted (only verona and venice provinces!!!).
    That's because Greek is now your primary culture. Same effect as accepted. But you'll never lose this tolerance.
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    You can use province decision http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/En...tlement_Policy that in 50 years, or 37,5 years if it is in your national focus, spread your culture.
    Note that is only an average time; the actual conversion is still a random event which may fire within days of enacting the policy or might not fire before the game ends.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Hello. i play as England and my mission is to conquer Ireland. The first two years i conquered one of the independant states of Ireland , yet after around 8-10 years England accept truce with that state and now it is independant again. Every time i play that part it happens the same. So my question is :
    1.Why does this happen?
    2.What is needed to conquer a foreign state or province and become part of my country, not just oqqupate it ?
    3.What is the procedure to send missionaries and collonists?
    Thank you in advance.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

1. You have not annexed them ("Sue for peace > annex"). Thus the war went on. After ten years of no hostilities, an automatic white peace (everybody back to where they started) is enforced.
    2. Annex it.
    3. For colonists, just click on the empty province and select "send colonist". You need to discover the provinces before. For this you need an explorer, which requires to have the national idea "Quest for the new world", which becomes available once you researched trade tech level 7. You need appropriate "colonial range" as well, so depending on naval tech, your ability to colonise is a bit limited in range at the beginning.
    For missionaries, click on the button "send missionary" in the province screen. It is next to the icon of the religion. You will only need missionaries for provinces you conquered from pagans or other religions; your colonies share your religion from start.

Thank you for the info. Yet, you suggest to Issue for Peace....but i do not want peace with them i want to keep that part of Ireland and join it to England as 1 country. After all this is the mission .

You say ANNEX IT. But how? Can i do it?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by kretian View Post
    You say ANNEX IT. But how? Can i do it?
    It is a bit unlogical (like pressing "start" when you want to shut down Windows), but as I wrote above: chose the topmost item in the list when you have clicked on the occupied province. It says something like "Sue for peace" or "Negociate peace" (I do not know exactly, because I use a different language version). The next menu that appears will give you four options, again the topmost being the one you're after ("Annex"). This works when you have completely occupied an enemy country and it has less than 3 provinces, which is the case for the Irish minors.

Is there a beta patch now? (Johans link)

because I can't access that forum

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Where can I find a list of all army names? thanks

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quick question. If you cancel a mission will it come back later? For ex. playing BYZ and I get the conquer southern Italy. Well at the start that is very hard to do so I would like to cancel that one so I get the conquer Asia minor one (almost there). Thanks.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by assyriawest View Post
    Quick question. If you cancel a mission will it come back later? For ex. playing BYZ and I get the conquer southern Italy. Well at the start that is very hard to do so I would like to cancel that one so I get the conquer Asia minor one (almost there). Thanks.
    Depends on the mission; some are set only to appear at some times, like some of the English missions. In your case, however, it might come back if you cancel it, although there's no guarantee as to when that might happen.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks. I will try and see what happens.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by assyriawest View Post
    For your current mission it should be easily getting back. Since it's a national mission and it doesn't have a time limit.
    I used to be a communist, then I took a redistribution of wealth to my bank account. -Seek75

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Is there a beta patch now? (Johans link)

because I can't access that forum
    Yes, it's in its own subforum under the tech support forum.
    EDIT: Now under the general forum instead of tech support.
    EDIT2: And now back in tech support?
    Last edited by jdrou; 16-03-2012 at 04:24.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Btw

Aztec and Inca are both tribal democracies...but why do I get that if my ruler isn't over 6-7 in a stat I get negative things effecting me.

Is it size in provinces? (Like incapable ruler)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Yes, it's in its own subforum under the tech support forum.
    EDIT: Now under the general forum instead of tech support.
    Can't see it in general forum...?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    Can't see it in general forum...?
    Then it's probably hidden from you just like the bug/support forums. You need to ask the forum admin to remove the probation or just wait for the patch to be official. I wouldn't be in too much of a rush; many people seem to be unable to get the beta to run right now.

Playing EU4

+ Reply to Thread