+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 601 FirstFirst ... 254 279 304 329 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 379 404 429 454 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 12012

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k club

"Complete"?

Why does my "Europa Universalis III: Complete" show up as "In Nomine" when the game loads? Was I duped? (I did a game update, and it patched from 3.0 to 3.2 ... for "In Nomine"! Not "Complete"!)

Thank you very much.

Snootch
    Last edited by Snootch; 19-02-2012 at 08:43. Reason: Found answer to second question

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

EU3 Complete is EU3 + Napoleon's Ambition + In Nomine and whether you buy them separately or in the Complete package you can only play the latest version.
    So EU3 Complete and In Nomine are the same game and use the same patch.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Snootch View Post
    Why does my "Europa Universalis III: Complete" show up as "In Nomine" when the game loads? Was I duped? (I did a game update, and it patched from 3.0 to 3.2 ... for "In Nomine"! Not "Complete"!)

Thank you very much.

Snootch
    Complete does not include HTTT or DW for the bundle including those you would have wanted EU3 Chronicles.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Yeah, "Complete" is a bit of a misnomer. It was complete when it was released, though...
    -Ruanek

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

every1 say u can get like 105% trade efficiency with the hansa, how? im at like 40 or so

What's a good way to take Utrecht and Friesland as Holland?

Declaring war and annexing gives you heavy infamy hits which really hurts Holland which makes its money through trade. Plus you run the risk of the HRE getting upset at unlawful territory, and you have to wait 50 years to core.

Declaring war and vassaling isn't really much better. You have to wait for a random event to allow you to annex and get a core.... otherwise it's still waiting 50 years for the core.

You can't form a PU with Utrecht since they don't have a monarchy.

Not sure what a good way to do this is without getting Holland crushed by stronger military forces. I did it in HTTT but it was so long ago that I 1) forgot how I did it and 2) don't know if the same method would work again.

I'd say, either wait until you have a mission giving a core on them, or just DOW them, and vassalize them, then wait for the mission that will ask you to integrate them into glorious Holland, giving you a core on them when they're annexed.

It can be slow and frustrating - took me 50 years in my Holland game because I usually had the crappy "big fleet", "get 5 merchants in COT" and "accumulate money" missions. Though once it was done, I then vassalized a bunch of electors and managed to beat Bohemia and Burgundy to the throne after 20 years, eventually uniyfing HRE by 1510.

The best is be lucky you get mission to annex or vazzalize them. (gives u core)
    Try to PU them is my favorite, (gamewise)

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzypickles View Post

Declaring war and annexing gives you heavy infamy hits which really hurts Holland which makes its money through trade. Plus you run the risk of the HRE getting upset at unlawful territory, and you have to wait 50 years to core.

Declaring war and vassaling isn't really much better. You have to wait for a random event to allow you to annex and get a core.... otherwise it's still waiting 50 years for the core.

Not sure what a good way to do this is without getting Holland crushed by stronger military forces. I did it in HTTT but it was so long ago that I 1) forgot how I did it and 2) don't know if the same method would work again.
    Take the infamy hits and wait for them to core. It means you can actually form the netherlands before 1500. Stab hits are recovered imediatly. infamy you can absorb. Obviously if you can get a mission to vassalise go for it, but if you get the chance to take matters into your own hands do so.

I had one go at Netherlands, and I just prefered being in the driving seat to being at the mercy of events. For both provices you get +0.5 infamy. With the -0.25 you get for being in the HRE this is entirely dealable with. Your trading WILL suffer, but not for long.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Is there a screen where I can change all the pop-up/alert settings at once?
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzypickles View Post

Every time I've played a Holland game I got the "claims on our rivals" event. It has a pretty large MTTH, but I've always had it fire in the first 150 years. It gives cores on both friesland and utrecht, as well as some of the other smaller countries around you, so you just reconquest them and grab them pretty easily. And then the emperor doesn't eat you.

This question is about the "combat width".

Q1. How long is it exactly? Does it depend on the smallest army?

E.g., army A has 10 infantry, and army B has 12 infantry & 4 cavalry.

Seeing as infantry can attack anything that is 1 spot in front of them or diagonally, that means army B will attack with 12 infantry and 2 cavalry, with 2 more cavalry at the back?

Q2. Can cavalry or artillery attack from the back, seeing as they have manuever of 2 (like jumping over the front line)?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Is there a screen where I can change all the pop-up/alert settings at once?
    In the escape menu, hit "messages".
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Hi guys, please help me out with this issue.
    I`m playing Brandenburg, got out of the PU with Luxemburg when our monarch died and legitimacy of my new king is stuck at 20. I have 4 royal marriages which are supposed to raise it (by 2% annualy) but they don`t, and there are no other modifiers listed that could counter it. So why isn`t my legitimacy raising, could it be a bug or am I missing some hidden rule about that (like no heir yet)?

Thanks Yoshi. Also, is there a way to not auto call all your allies when you are attacked? Thanks.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresaux View Post
    Hi guys, please help me out with this issue.
    I`m playing Brandenburg, got out of the PU with Luxemburg when our monarch died and legitimacy of my new king is stuck at 20. I have 4 royal marriages which are supposed to raise it (by 2% annualy) but they don`t, and there are no other modifiers listed that could counter it. So why isn`t my legitimacy raising, could it be a bug or am I missing some hidden rule about that (like no heir yet)?
    It should be going up from royal marriages. 4 doesn't seem like that many, though. You can try to get more, and enact some cultural decisions/get advisers that raise legitimacy.

If it still isn't rising, though, it's probably a bug and you should ask in the tech support forum.
    -Ruanek

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

It was some weird bug, legitimacy was in fact raising and the effects were changing, only the number shown stayed the same. Got fixed after reload. Thx anyways

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Thanks Yoshi. Also, is there a way to not auto call all your allies when you are attacked? Thanks.
    Not in a defensive war, no.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    every1 say u can get like 105% trade efficiency with the hansa, how? im at like 40 or so
    hmm?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    hmm?
    Trade efficiency increases with several modifiers and with Trade Tech.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

+ Reply to Thread