+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 602 FirstFirst ... 249 274 299 324 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 374 399 424 449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 12037

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

I thought its changed in DW to split Cleansing of Heresy and Holy War CB between Unam Sanctum and Divine Supremacy. Not sure though.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

that's right. the cleansing of heretics CB can continue past 1650, and the holy war CB does not, afaict. (took the DS idea after 1650, and got no holy war CB.)

Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    Empire gives you holy war CB on any nation from another religious group, not just muslim/christian but also eastern & pagan (as do the other requirements for it).
    I read the passage as saying that you can only get a Holy War CB if you're playing a Christian or Muslim nation.

Which would mean that you can't get a Holy War CB against other nations if you're playing a Hindu nation, for example.

Guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm playing Majapahit in my next game, and they're Hindu.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Unction View Post
    I read the passage as saying that you can only get a Holy War CB if you're playing a Christian or Muslim nation.
    That is in fact correct.

Playing 5.1 no mods. In my game novgorod just switched from a trade league to an administrative republic despite only having government tech 10. Why would that happen?.

I decided to have a stab at playing Finland in Divine Wind 5.1. What I did was modify the country file for finland to add lots of new names and get rid of the Swedish names, I wanted to make a Finland with no Swedish influence.

I then saved this file, booted the game up as Sweden in 1399 and released Finland as a vassal and then unvassalized them. Saved, resigned, loaded as Finland. To my surprise, the Finnish king was now known as "Kimi I Paijkull". Paijkull. Why can I never get rid of the family name Paijkull? I cannot seem to find that name saved in the game anywhere. It's definitely not in my list of advisors nor in my list of leader for finland.txt so the game should not select that name.

Where is the name Paijkull located, and how can I get it out of the game? I do not want a king known as Paijkull because it selects that name all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by diceyy View Post
    Playing 5.1 no mods. In my game novgorod just switched from a trade league to an administrative republic despite only having government tech 10. Why would that happen?.
    They no longer have a CoT in their capital and so are ineligible to be a merchant republic.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

what determines if a reform when i am the HRE will go through - is it the amount of states in the HRE that have positive relations with me, or does the number of each provinces in the HRE matter.....I.e i have great relations with a lot of states, but Austria who have shedloads of HRE province hate me and I cant get the reform to fire.

What is the best ways to ensure it is accepted

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tapewormlondon View Post
    what determines if a reform when i am the HRE will go through - is it the amount of states in the HRE that have positive relations with me, or does the number of each provinces in the HRE matter.....I.e i have great relations with a lot of states, but Austria who have shedloads of HRE province hate me and I cant get the reform to fire.

What is the best ways to ensure it is accepted
    Have high relations with as many nations as possible. What matters is the votes in the Imperial Diet. Any individual nation could vote no or yes for any number of reasons (for the latter reforms, almost any nation with over like, 20 provinces, will vote against no matter what you do)

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quick question... how do I change max province population limit?

999,999 isnt realistic at all, and it needs *a few* more 9's =P

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Have high relations with as many nations as possible. What matters is the votes in the Imperial Diet. Any individual nation could vote no or yes for any number of reasons (for the latter reforms, almost any nation with over like, 20 provinces, will vote against no matter what you do)
    Vassal nations have a +200 point bonus to their "do I vote yes on this reform?" score.

I think that, if you mouseover the individual shields in the HRE screen, it will give you a detailed breakdown of what is influencing their opinion of you, and by how much.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: Warband

I'm playing Vijayanagar in DW5.1. My next to last mission was "Conquer Golconda, gain core". That was completed and I got the mission "Convert Nagpur", the only province that Deccan had converted to Islam before it disappeared. I had taken that province earlier with a core gained from a border dispute and already had a missionary hard at work spreading Hinduism there. When Nagpur converted, I got the notification, next day the mission completed and no other mission came up. Am I doomed to be missionless forever, until I get a new Muslim neighbor or what is happening here? Never had "no mission" before.
    The only thing new in this world is the history you dont know. Harry S.(for nothing) Truman

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicæ
    Quote Originally Posted by bubell View Post
    I'm playing Vijayanagar in DW5.1. My next to last mission was "Conquer Golconda, gain core". That was completed and I got the mission "Convert Nagpur", the only province that Deccan had converted to Islam before it disappeared. I had taken that province earlier with a core gained from a border dispute and already had a missionary hard at work spreading Hinduism there. When Nagpur converted, I got the notification, next day the mission completed and no other mission came up. Am I doomed to be missionless forever, until I get a new Muslim neighbor or what is happening here? Never had "no mission" before.
    Sometimes it seems to happen. I had this too. But after the 5-year-mission timer is gone there should be a new mission available. Like when you did convert it within 2 years you still might have to wait 3 more years to get the next mission. Not sure about it but as I already said, I experienced that sometimes either.
    Bored of vanilla DW? Try out Death & Taxes mod! More balanced sliders/NI's, unique missions, more nations and an extended timeline (1356-1861) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-and-More!%29

There are times when you aren't eligible for any mission for a variety of reasons so you sit with no mission until you become eligible for one. This generally will only happen when you are at war with someone (including a horde) and have lower tech (not eligible for improve defenses or build manufactory).

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Unction View Post
    Vassal nations have a +200 point bonus to their "do I vote yes on this reform?" score.

I think that, if you mouseover the individual shields in the HRE screen, it will give you a detailed breakdown of what is influencing their opinion of you, and by how much.
    No that's just the electors, and it concerns the election of a new Emperor. The reform voting system doesn't work with point modifiers but with multipliers, mostly.

See http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Imperial_Reforms for a full list.

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    I was looking up force limits (or rather, what affects it) on the wiki. I got a bit confused by it, see bolded parts below. Am I missing something or is the Wiki self-contradictory on this point?

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Fo...it#Force_Limit
    The %modifiers in the equation are modifiers for the forcelimit which you can get by certain buildings, slider positions or NIs. Of course they have an influence. The %modifiers in the first sentence are the modifiers for you tax income, for example from events and other stuff. They are not taken into account.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Premu View Post
    The %modifiers in the equation are modifiers for the forcelimit which you can get by certain buildings, slider positions or NIs. Of course they have an influence. The %modifiers in the first sentence are the modifiers for you tax income, for example from events and other stuff. They are not taken into account.
    Yes, I realized that just after posting (having the flu seems to impair your mental capability) and deleted my post. Thanks for your answer anyway!
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didn’t call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

is it possible to switch from one COT to another and if so how?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Camtheman View Post
    Quick question... how do I change max province population limit?

999,999 isnt realistic at all, and it needs *a few* more 9's =P
    That is a modding question which should be asked in the modding forum (which you'll need to register your game to post in).
    In any case, anything over 101,000 has no effect on income or manpower so it would mostly be a cosmetic change.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by nitman View Post
    is it possible to switch from one COT to another and if so how?
    The CoT for a province is decided by two factors: Geography and relation. If you're close to a CoT, it's likely to pick it. If it's your own, it's more likely to use that one. If you're in a trade league, it's more likely too.

As an example, play Sweden. If you're in the Hanseatic league, all your provinces trade through Lübeck. However, if you join Novgorod's trade league, all your provinces would trade through Novgorod. If you left the trade league and formed your own Center of Trade, all your provinces would trade through that province.

To answer your question, you can only decide what CoT you trade through by joining their trade league, or simply having a center of your own.

+ Reply to Thread