+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 600 FirstFirst ... 233 258 283 308 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 358 383 408 433 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 11986

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

  1. #6641
    What difficulty are you playing on? On higher difficulties, AI is pretty much immune to WE. Warscore is not really important, and if you are already technically superior, just build a few ships and smash their small blockading fleets one by one. You will not get lasting peace until you are significantly stronger then them, and pretty much the only way to get a good peace out of them is usually invading europe. Once you can keep your costs clear, they are not really doing anything to you anymore even if you are at war, and you can maybe even get a few colonies of them without invading europe once the war takes long enough, but building up a good fleet should always be your goal.

  2. #6642
    Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    What difficulty are you playing on? On higher difficulties, AI is pretty much immune to WE. Warscore is not really important, and if you are already technically superior, just build a few ships and smash their small blockading fleets one by one. You will not get lasting peace until you are significantly stronger then them, and pretty much the only way to get a good peace out of them is usually invading europe. Once you can keep your costs clear, they are not really doing anything to you anymore even if you are at war, and you can maybe even get a few colonies of them without invading europe once the war takes long enough, but building up a good fleet should always be your goal.
    Ah, that's what it is. I'm playing on very hard. Yea I'm in the process of building ships, but it takes time and when I'm at war with all the major European naval powers it's a bit hard to take them all on. But yea, that makes sense, thanks

  3. #6643
    Major Uebergold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Posts
    543
    Blockading ports can be really frustrating when you play Indians but there is one good thing. Often they are just sending quattro-stacks, blitz these with your little armada and go back to your ports immediately. There is more trouble when they are finally sending their armadas where you cant do much in the beginning besides camping in your home ports.

  4. #6644
    Banned Iwanow's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY_INDEP
    Posts
    8,713
    So that everyone know, there is such thread i post a new post. Cause This thread is an example that people don't see posts that are not on 1st page... LOL.

  5. #6645
    How do you stop paying tributes to a horde?

  6. #6646
    Field Marshal jdrou's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    How do you stop paying tributes to a horde?
    Declare war on them. Unfortunately there are no CBs against hordes so you will take a -2 stability hit.
    If you're willing to modify the game you could add this mission that gives you some of that back:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...paying-tribute
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

    Playing EU4

    Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

  7. #6647
    Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    Once you can keep your costs clear, they are not really doing anything to you anymore even if you are at war, and you can maybe even get a few colonies of them without invading europe once the war takes long enough, but building up a good fleet should always be your goal.
    If only I could get the money together to make a small armada, barely have enough "fleet" for anti-pirate patrol coverage in my Cherokee game. :/

    Got a string of really good admin leaders as I hit the sliders for westernising (Yay!) but since then I've been hit with Smugglers at least twice, as well as once beforehand. I have a nice swathe of land and did pretty well on trade goods but it's all horribly underdeveloped due to the constant nuisance wars and lack of $$$. Could realllllly use the "truckload of $$$ or +1 prestige" event a few times.

    I also found it more than a little ridiculous to get monetary reforms twice before I even hit trade tech 1. Really? There should be a trigger to exclude barter economy natives from that

    And why is it that the spies that cost 25 or 30 ducats fail at 95% more than the ones that cost 10 fail at 55%? Greedy natives want more of my wompum I guess.

  8. #6648
    What bonuses do I get if I form a nation. Is it really just prestige. Or do I get manpower boosts as well. I'm playing as Naples and only need one more province. Just need to know if I get anything when I form

    Also. How do you guys deal with a country that has alot of alliances. I just need a province from Milan. Now Milan isn't that tough. I out number them and have better troops. But Venice. Palatine. Hungary. And savoy all go to war and I just can't handle that. Is there a way to break up alliances with enemies?
    Last edited by Helepolis; 12-01-2012 at 18:03.

  9. #6649
    Quote Originally Posted by Helepolis View Post
    What bonuses do I get if I form a nation. Is it really just prestige. Or do I get manpower boosts as well. I'm playing as Naples and only need one more province. Just need to know if I get anything when I form

    Also. How do you guys deal with a country that has alot of alliances. I just need a province from Milan. Now Milan isn't that tough. I out number them and have better troops. But Venice. Palatine. Hungary. And savoy all go to war and I just can't handle that. Is there a way to break up alliances with enemies?
    You usually get some boni, it says on the decision which. Also, you get some cores on provinces you might or might not have owned before. No idea which those are from the italian decision, i think it is mostly northern italy. You even get those cores if the province in question is owned by someone else.

    And there really isn't a good way to make alliances not join, you will just have to be able to beat the whole alliance, either on your own, or by having allies yourself. If a country is allied with both of you, they will usually honour the defenders CTA. So got some allies of your own, maybe switzerland, burgundy, austria, or whoever else is strong in the area at the moment, and also borders at least one of your enemies.

  10. #6650
    People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Leningrad
    Posts
    9,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    And there really isn't a good way to make alliances not join, you will just have to be able to beat the whole alliance, either on your own, or by having allies yourself. If a country is allied with both of you, they will usually honour the defenders CTA. So got some allies of your own, maybe switzerland, burgundy, austria, or whoever else is strong in the area at the moment, and also borders at least one of your enemies.
    You could also wait until they're already involved in a big war. The AI won't auto join if, say, they're fighting Austria or something. At least, it's not guaranteed. Otherwise, yeah, Simberto's right.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

    Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

    If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

  11. #6651
    Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    50 games registered

    50

    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,201
    Blog Entries
    6
    Can you change your government ever if you start out as a Theocracy (i.e. Liege)?

    EDIT: Curious as to why this has never been stickied like in other parts of this forum...
    "Telling people "how it's done" is rather condescending, especially if you have no idea what their background is." - Had a dad

    How to install and play Darkest Hour on a Macintosh computer!

    Don't lose your cool. This is a great forum, and there is no point in getting worked up over something pointless. There are two sides to everything.

  12. #6652
    This is my current game as Portugal, I have lots of colonies in America

    Click image for larger version

Name:	EU3_MAP_POR_1614.1.12_1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	834.9 KB
ID:	45439

    Would it be a good decision to move to capital to America? What are the advantages of doing that?
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

  13. #6653
    Is there a way to guarantee a 6 star adviser? Even when I have 100% Cultural Tradition I still get 5 stars. Does Prestige or Legitimacy affect this? If they do, what levels do I need to have to assure a 6 star adviser?
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...



    OH GOD! RUN!

  14. #6654
    Jolly Roger TAMBOURINESNAKE's Avatar
    Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Not Denmark
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Can you change your government ever if you start out as a Theocracy (i.e. Liege)?

    EDIT: Curious as to why this has never been stickied like in other parts of this forum...
    Yes. You have to change it to, I think, an Administrative Monarchy at a -10 (-6 actual) stability cost. It's on the Governments page on the EU3 wiki and is up to date for 5.1 in that regard.

    Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Is there a way to guarantee a 6 star adviser? Even when I have 100% Cultural Tradition I still get 5 stars. Does Prestige or Legitimacy affect this? If they do, what levels do I need to have to assure a 6 star adviser?
    There is no way to guarantee a 6 star adviser. You have a small chance of getting one when you would get a 5 star adviser, I believe. In short, however, other than being at 100% CT there is nothing else that can be done.

  15. #6655
    Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka500k club

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro , Brazil
    Posts
    142
    Don't know if was a bug or game design, but after invading an enemy province through the sea, and make peace with the enemy i couldn't transfer the army to the Fleet ( same fleet didn't move so yes there was the transport)
    SO i can not put an army on a fleet if said army is in an foreign land? Ask military access help in this case?

    Thanks in advantage.
    Last edited by Roguim; 13-01-2012 at 04:18.

  16. #6656
    Does anyone have any suggestions of strictly graphical mods for Divine Wind 5.1?
    My eyes are getting a little bored of the plain map, and also i need help with successfully installing mods.
    or at least a link to a thread that explains it. I'm using windows vista i think, or windows 7, if that matters.

  17. #6657
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    Yes. You have to change it to, I think, an Administrative Monarchy at a -10 (-6 actual) stability cost. It's on the Governments page on the EU3 wiki and is up to date for 5.1 in that regard.
    It is an absolute monarchy, other then that, your information is correct. You can do that at government tech 27. As always, this chart answers any government questions:
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/eu...ntsHTTT41b.png

  18. #6658
    Lt. General ANO1453's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    by Jove, who cares?
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    This is my current game as Portugal, I have lots of colonies in America

    Attachment 45439

    Would it be a good decision to move to capital to America? What are the advantages of doing that?
    I have a Portugal game with more American colonies than yours, yet I have not moved to America yet because of overextension - overseas provinces don't count, and if you change to America, they will no longer be overseas.

    If you move it, you'll stop getting tariffs from America and you'll get the full tax and production revenues. Usually this means you earn more money.
    If you want to move, do it to somewhere in the North American continent and connected to the South American one. Maximum provinces.

    By the way, try to prevent Castille from getting too big in the Americas, if you can do it.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

  19. #6659
    Great thread keep it up! My question: When you have a colonial it's production goes goes into tariffs, does that include production efficiency? Is it worth building docks in them? Thanks in advance

  20. #6660
    Is there any difference between "Local Tax Modifier +x%" and "Direct Tax +x%"?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts