+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 602 FirstFirst ... 229 254 279 304 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 354 379 404 429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 12037

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    I am pretty sure this is wrong. I had countries whitepeace out while being completely occupied when no fighting happened, and i had countries whitepeace out while sieging their provinces for absurd amounts of times without conquering them when doing tests regarding level 6 forts, and no other fighting happened during that time. I think to stop the whitepeacing, you need to either initiate new sieges or fight against troops.
    I can't say for sure about sieges, but I have had plenty of wars which last 20+ years of boring occupation (vassalizing burgundy in their starting size as Austria, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Not sure about the MacOS version but I think that should work too with the same checksum.
    Best place to ask questions regarding MP is in the MP forum though.
    I would include more information too: exactly what problem are you seeing? Is there an error message? Are you trying to use the Paradox Metaserver or one of the virtual private network programs or something else?
    we are trying we best way with the ip it wont load as we see at the end : Game not found but we hosted it. I say we because we think that one can better hosted as the other so tried the otherone to go there . The problem i see is only that it wont load and the game wasnt found. we have look after everything . we have the same patch . same checksum and so on. it says only that the game wasnt found.

Quote Originally Posted by madkytle View Post
    we are trying we best way with the ip it wont load as we see at the end : Game not found but we hosted it. I say we because we think that one can better hosted as the other so tried the otherone to go there . The problem i see is only that it wont load and the game wasnt found. we have look after everything . we have the same patch . same checksum and so on. it says only that the game wasnt found.
    Firewalls and stuff?

I can't say for sure about sieges, but I have had plenty of wars which last 20+ years of boring occupation (vassalizing burgundy in their starting size as Austria, for example).
    Hm. My experience is different, i remember quite exactly that when going for a WC and not exactly sure whether i would finish below infamy limit or not, i simply occupied all of the european OPMs thinking that i could annex them whenever i want this way, and they all whitepeaced out after some time. I might test this a bit more once i get back to somewhere where i have a PC that can run EU3.

yep simberto after everything . Firewall and stuff accept it now.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Do you guys have the latest official patch (5.1)? If you have an unsupported version (5.0 and below) that error appears.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

I think you need to forward certain ports to play EU3 if you are behind a router and want to host the game. Or did i misinterpret your last post and it works now?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: Warband

Do wars with nomads end after 5 years of inactivity or do they continue ad nauseum? I (Russia) got a border with Kazakh but Ming has occupied their entire country so I can't even attack them and Ming does not seem inclined to call a halt to their war.
    The only thing new in this world is the history you dont know. Harry S.(for nothing) Truman

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by bubell View Post
    Do wars with nomads end after 5 years of inactivity or do they continue ad nauseum? I (Russia) got a border with Kazakh but Ming has occupied their entire country so I can't even attack them and Ming does not seem inclined to call a halt to their war.
    They do not; unless Ming gets a notion to colonize Kazakh or end the war, there's nothing you can do. Well, of course, you could attack Ming...
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

How to increase the chance of peaceful PU besides having +100 prestige?

Quote Originally Posted by A380YURY View Post
    How to increase the chance of peaceful PU besides having +100 prestige?
    If you mean "without claiming throne" then having a high dip ruler, no infamy, and high legitimacy with infamy being the least important factor since in my current game I got a union with 25+ infamy but high prestige and a 7 dip ruler (I didn't even realize they had a contested throne so they must have had one of those really fast heir die...king die sequences).

Claiming throne through diplomacy will in the worst case scenario put you in a succession war if they die without an heir (assuming there aren't 2 other nations that also claim their throne). Beyond that it's just about being lucky in them not getting an heir or having it die before the king does then a die roll.

Quick question: the decision "Designate Calais as The Staple Port"- does the trade modifier affect the whole CoT value if there is a CoT there or just the value of the fish? And for the tax modifier would it affect the tax contributed by the CoT? (+50% is alot, but sadly Calais is producing fish and not grain)
    Last edited by ofi123; 04-01-2012 at 14:55. Reason: Removed reply due to being irrelevant

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

I would like to replace the late game sprties with something less ugly, and I noticed that on Steam there are two sprite packs that there are two sprite packs that I can't find on Gamers Gate that do just that. Are they exclusive to Steam? Even so, if I buy them on Steam, is it possible to install them on my Gamers Gate version of EUIII?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Yes, been looking for those; I tried searching for them on the site and only got the first two.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    They do not; unless Ming gets a notion to colonize Kazakh or end the war, there's nothing you can do. Well, of course, you could attack Ming...
    Ming, of course, cannot colonize as a bureaucratic nation, but I discovered that AI Ming can make peace with nomads in the usual way, by demanding provinces and payment, not tribute. Oh, to be the AI for a day.
    The only thing new in this world is the history you dont know. Harry S.(for nothing) Truman

I have question: on screen's topbar where is located icons of agents (colonists, diplomats and etc.), next to them are numbers. Is it possible to change the limit of amount more then 5. So I could save like 10 spies or 10 colonists. I found where is located file with agents iconts, but can't find how to change that limit (5).

Quote Originally Posted by bubell View Post
    Ming, of course, cannot colonize as a bureaucratic nation, but I discovered that AI Ming can make peace with nomads in the usual way, by demanding provinces and payment, not tribute. Oh, to be the AI for a day.
    Actually, there's a bug where having a horde as your vassal allows you to do that, and AI ming usually vassalizes the Mongol Khanate pretty quickly.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by tendis View Post
    I have question: on screen's topbar where is located icons of agents (colonists, diplomats and etc.), next to them are numbers. Is it possible to change the limit of amount more then 5. So I could save like 10 spies or 10 colonists. I found where is located file with agents iconts, but can't find how to change that limit (5).
    Not possible except by editing the exe file.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Particularist Rebels!
    They want me to go from Centralized to DE-centralized, that I know.
    BUT I don't want to do decentralized, as I find centralized better with the inflation reduction.
    If I would change my government type from Empire to something else, would the rebels be happy, or does government type affect it at all? It's getting pretty annoying to have 8 different stacks hunting rebels in my south america...

Quote Originally Posted by Oiska View Post
    Particularist Rebels!
    They want me to go from Centralized to DE-centralized, that I know.
    BUT I don't want to do decentralized, as I find centralized better with the inflation reduction.
    If I would change my government type from Empire to something else, would the rebels be happy, or does government type affect it at all? It's getting pretty annoying to have 8 different stacks hunting rebels in my south america...
    Every government type has some slider limitations, and if you go past those, you get 1% RR for each slider move past a limit. Look up the limits of the governments to maybe take one that better suits you. Generally speaking, higher tech governments usually allow for better slider moves.

But the main reason your South America is full of particularists is probably not those slider moves, but that you have high RR for some other reason, and no other revolts are viable since noone else has a core there, and the colonies probably also are of your culture. Just check the RR in those provinces, and by hovering your mouse over it check which factors influence it, and try to reduce those. The easiest to get rid of is usually WE, followed by nationalism which fades by itself over 30 years and intolerance which you can get rid of by converting them to the true faith.

+ Reply to Thread