+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 601 FirstFirst ... 200 225 250 275 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 325 350 375 400 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    Of course it does. Every province you occupy increases your warscore, up to 100% if you occupy all of them. If they defect to you, you no longer occupy it, and thus occupy a smaller percentage of the enemy country. Thus, your Warscore is lowered.
    It lowers the warscore, but it also lowers the cost for other peace options (vassalization, annexation, etc.) because the enemy nation no longer has that province.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but how do you annex a vassal?
    I'm currently playing as Hungary, and am past the point where I can now annex Transylvania. I have maximum relations, royal marriage, alliance, proclaim, sphere, and military access, but it still says that annexing them is "impossible". I have no infamy what-so-ever.

Another question I have, is how do I get elected as the Emperor of the HRE? I have maximum relations with all the electors, and it says they will all vote for me (except Bohemia as the current ruler of course) but when ever the Emperor dies and a new vote is made, it always goes back to Bohemia. This is playing as Hungary still with all my provinces as part of the HRE.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If vassals get past a certain point (3 provinces, I think) they'll never accept diplo-annexation unless you have an extremely high diplomatic skill.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

They only have 2 provinces, their starting 1s from the game start (Grand campaign)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    They only have 2 provinces, their starting 1s from the game start (Grand campaign)
    What is your ruler's diplomatic rating, their ruler's diplo rating, and how many countries do you have in your sphere of influence? Also do you have an ambassador advisor?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

My rulerhas a 3 stars diplomacy.
    They have a regency council right now with 1 star, but I've tried annexing them before when they had a ruler, and he had 1 star as well.
    They are my only sphereling as well as my only vassal.
    I do not have an ambassador advisor, I havn't gotten the option to hire 1.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Yeah, you need more sphere members. You'll be hard pressed to diploannex anyone with a diplomacy rating of 6.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    Another question I have, is how do I get elected as the Emperor of the HRE? I have maximum relations with all the electors, and it says they will all vote for me (except Bohemia as the current ruler of course) but when ever the Emperor dies and a new vote is made, it always goes back to Bohemia. This is playing as Hungary still with all my provinces as part of the HRE.
    Sounds like they're changing their vote and you aren't noticing. If it says they're voting for you, they're voting for you.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Is your ruler female? A female ruler can't be Emperor and I'm not sure if that gets reflected in the voting screen.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    Is your ruler female? A female ruler can't be Emperor and I'm not sure if that gets reflected in the voting screen.
    All of the ineligibilities (republic, female ruler etc) show -1000 in the voting screen just fine in my experience. The electors are probably just changing their votes some time between King5000 checking and the election happening.

Don't ever trust democracy! Just vassalize every elector, and just to be safe, beat up Bohemia too. Then bribe your vassal-electors to like you again, and not just by 5 points, be 100 points ahead. I have never lost a vote that way.

How do you edit out the Shogunate out of a savegame?
    Looking at the map is a very usefull skill toi have.
    Brunei in "Imperium Malleus"
    Palantine in "Vespere Jovis"

D I P B [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"] R [/COLOR] [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"] O [/COLOR]
    M [COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"] A [/COLOR] C [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"] Y [/COLOR]

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    Don't ever trust democracy! Just vassalize every elector, and just to be safe, beat up Bohemia too. Then bribe your vassal-electors to like you again, and not just by 5 points, be 100 points ahead. I have never lost a vote that way.
    AFAIK vassallizing instantly give +200 relation to you and huge other bonuses on election, so you have to be at _very_ low relation to your vassal if they do not vote for you

Yes, if diplo-vassalizing a lot, and maybe doing some annexations on vassals, and calling them into every war simply because of being to lazy to think about which of the dozens of vassals i actually want in it, i find my self often at -200 relations to most of them. If they are not electors and i don't want to annex them, that usually does not matter. And if you are outside of the HRE and have -200 relations, they often rate someone inside the HRE with +200 relations, which strangely enough the emperor often has, higher than you. Especially if you have a bit of infamy, or maybe not that high legitimacy, but even without it, it also happens. But that is obviously easily taken care of when you increase your relations to maybe about 0.

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    AFAIK vassallizing instantly give +200 relation to you and huge other bonuses on election, so you have to be at _very_ low relation to your vassal if they do not vote for you
    Vassalizing should give you:

Relations +200
    Being Vassal or Union +250
    Military Alliance +30
    Royal Marriage +20 (if they're a monarchy)

Are the modifiers to demand/supply additive or multiplicative? For example, Naval Supplies demand is modified by 40 from having a capital in the province (and being at war), 40 from having the previous as well as naval=3, and 25 from having an admiralty in the province. Would a province with those 3 modifiers provide a 105 boost to demand, or a 4000 boost?

Alright, I've got a few questions dealing with centers of trade.

First, there's three CoT's owned by the Timurids, and I was wondering if it's possible to send merchants to them? I'm guessing it's not possible, since even if I had good relations I couldn't ask them to open their markets, since they're nomadic (which, in my opinion, is pretty stupid).

My main question is about a CoT in Settsu. I've got merchants in the CoT in Kyoto, but I can't get any in Settsu. It took me awhile to figure out that I couldn't actually do anything with the individual Daimyos (which, again, I don't like), so I can't figure out what to do. Is it the same situation with the Timurids (in other words, not possible)?

One last question (nothing to do with CoTs): I'm allied with Byzantium, and want to help them get some land from the Ottoman Empire. However, I'm not sure how to do this. I could declare war myself, but there's no CB with what I need (liberation doesn't count, I think, because Byzantium is still there). Plus, I'd have to make sure the Byzantine troops were always leading a siege (so they would control the province). However, that doesn't change my warscore, so I couldn't demand them to give all the land to Byzantium.

Basically, is there anyway for me to aid Byzantium with regaining their land?

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchive View Post
    Alright, I've got a few questions dealing with centers of trade.

First, there's three CoT's owned by the Timurids, and I was wondering if it's possible to send merchants to them? I'm guessing it's not possible, since even if I had good relations I couldn't ask them to open their markets, since they're nomadic (which, in my opinion, is pretty stupid).
    Not unless they start with their markets open. Don't worry, you're not missing out; those CoTs are crap.

My main question is about a CoT in Settsu. I've got merchants in the CoT in Kyoto, but I can't get any in Settsu. It took me awhile to figure out that I couldn't actually do anything with the individual Daimyos (which, again, I don't like), so I can't figure out what to do. Is it the same situation with the Timurids (in other words, not possible)?
    If you can't open the CoT page at all then you're out of luck (since you'd need to ask them to open their markets). If you can then it's some other issue.

One last question (nothing to do with CoTs): I'm allied with Byzantium, and want to help them get some land from the Ottoman Empire. However, I'm not sure how to do this. I could declare war myself, but there's no CB with what I need (liberation doesn't count, I think, because Byzantium is still there). Plus, I'd have to make sure the Byzantine troops were always leading a siege (so they would control the province). However, that doesn't change my warscore, so I couldn't demand them to give all the land to Byzantium.

Basically, is there anyway for me to aid Byzantium with regaining their land?
    Use Holy War, take the provinces yourself, then sell them to Byzantium for 0.

Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicę
    Did you guys ever see something happening in Cyprus? In all of my game they do not expand and no one occupies them...

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Will the lesser partner in a PU ever make a separate peace?

+ Reply to Thread