+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 601 FirstFirst ... 179 204 229 254 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 304 329 354 379 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 12014

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    C:\Users\YOUR-NAME-HERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore then look for the Paradox Interactive/EUIII folder.

If you're using Win7, the advice is don't install EUIII (or any other game for that matter) to the default Program Files folder, because Win7 has lots of new "security" features to "protect" you from things like mods and screenshots and patches - um, I mean from viruses. (Since it can't tell the difference.) Instead you should create a new folder called something like "C:\Games" and install all your games there instead.
    Yea, it seems to be hiding all my screenshots someplace. I can't even locate them with the search function. I hate Microsoft. I wish there was some competition for them so they'd have to make software actually 'better'.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    Yea, it seems to be hiding all my screenshots someplace. I can't even locate them with the search function. I hate Microsoft. I wish there was some competition for them so they'd have to make software actually 'better'.
    There should be a button (there is for me) that says "Show Compatibility Files"; that brings them up for me.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

how to dismantle the hre in DW?

Ok, it was all hidden files for some reason as default. Control panel->Folder Options->advanced settings iirc. click unhide stupid files already! done.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseFromTheAshz View Post
    how to dismantle the hre in DW?
    I think you must occupy or vassalize the capitols of all HRE electors and the HRE.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    I think you must occupy or vassalize the capitols of all HRE electors and the HRE.
    Yep. It's exceptionally easy if the hereditary HRE reform is already passed -- just occupy the capital of the HRE and disband the HRE
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

How long take to disapear unlawfull territory icon in province? I get cores now, and disapear negative hits to prestige and infamy, but unlawfull territory icon from event stay and lowering my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattius View Post
    How long take to disapear unlawfull territory icon in province? I get cores now, and disapear negative hits to prestige and infamy, but unlawfull territory icon from event stay and lowering my taxes.
    An event will fire that will remove the Unlawful Province modifier once you have a core. I think the MTTH is 24 months. While that's not quick, it doesn't take ages for it to fire.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Will the AI that plays the tribal nations and the steppe nomad nations eventually change their government type and/or westernazie?

Quote Originally Posted by emil209 View Post
    Will the AI that plays the tribal nations and the steppe nomad nations eventually change their government type and/or westernazie?
    They will if the conditions are right. Sadly, the AI is not very good at getting the conditions set.

--

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Drattius View Post
    When you're at peace after you conquer HRE province you can use provicial decision tab in city view to enact abandon HRE for this province (lose 1 magistrate). This prevents Unlawfull territory from happening. Should help with disappearing as well I guess

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    They will if the conditions are right. Sadly, the AI is not very good at getting the conditions set.
    Have someone ever seen an AI steppe nomads or tribal nation changing their government?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by moonsik View Post
    When you're at peace after you conquer HRE province you can use provicial decision tab in city view to enact abandon HRE for this province (lose 1 magistrate). This prevents Unlawfull territory from happening. Should help with disappearing as well I guess
    Only if you're not a member

The AI steppe nomads usually implode in revolts are split in many small nations ... But never change anything :P

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    f11
    Was it not F12?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Simberto View Post
    Was it not F12?
    from http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Hotkeys :
    F11 = Save a screenshot
    F12 = Save a picture of the world map (In Nomine and Heir to the Throne only)
    Shift + F12 = mapshot of your empire and vassals (In Nomine and Heir to the Throne only)
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

What's the richest part of China? I think I'm sorted for manpower in France, but I want a rich colony in China, and I don't know whether to just annex the whole place or to only take the South, or the North or what.

Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post
    What's the richest part of China? I think I'm sorted for manpower in France, but I want a rich colony in China, and I don't know whether to just annex the whole place or to only take the South, or the North or what.

Please help me!
    The south has a lot of chinaware provinces, while the north is mostly grain, so definitely the south. You should also take all their coastal CoTs though.

Question of my own:
    What would be more interesting, Spain actually forming for once, or a succession war actually happening for once?

The situation is: Aragon has a pretty old king with no heir, Castille has claimed their throne. I can just let them take Aragon, which would let them form Spain, a country I almost never see myself. Or I could claim Aragon's throne myself, which would eventually cause a succession war. It wouldn't be very evenly matched (I have England in a PU and might manage to have Galloglaigh against their Men at Arms), but it'd be a succession war nonetheless.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by emil209 View Post
    Have someone ever seen an AI steppe nomads or tribal nation changing their government?
    yep. Candar, the Mamelukes or some other turkish minors achive that regularly in my games - if they manage to keep themselves alive (or being force-released after been annexed and thus having a strong ally that keep them safe). I've even seen Tripoli do that once and the Timurids forming the Mughals.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post

Please help me!
    The richest cluster of provinces tends to be the southern bit. Most chinaware, metals, and tea are clustered down there. The north has a few nice provinces, but south is better. Don't bother going after high tax provinces.. trade goods are MUCH more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoou
    Question of my own:
    What would be more interesting, Spain actually forming for once, or a succession war actually happening for once?

The situation is: Aragon has a pretty old king with no heir, Castille has claimed their throne. I can just let them take Aragon, which would let them form Spain, a country I almost never see myself. Or I could claim Aragon's throne myself, which would eventually cause a succession war. It wouldn't be very evenly matched (I have England in a PU and might manage to have Galloglaigh against their Men at Arms), but it'd be a succession war nonetheless.
    SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN! You can take the nice provinces in Aragon from Spain later, if you wish.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

+ Reply to Thread