+ Reply to Thread
Page 259 of 600 FirstFirst ... 159 184 209 234 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 284 309 334 359 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 11985

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    The empire gets massive, and I mean that in every interpretation of the term, force limit and manpower bonuses; you quite simply can't beat them in a war of attrition unless you are orders of magnitude larger than they are. Mouse over their flag in the Holy Roman Empire window to see the full list of bonuses.

Austria is also incredibly rich; as Austria+Northern Italy (the cores you get from completing the "Our Claims in Northern Italy" mission) it's quite easy to maintain a force of 80 men when most other nations would struggle with 30 or 40.
    ur not understanding me, they have a single stack of 77, plus like 3 others of over 20 each, and i already destroyed atleast 5-8 other stacks of around 20 regiments, i still dont think they have enough man power for just so much! btw how can i dismantle the empire?

btw what about the attrition, they got that 77 stack and it doesnt suffer attrition!

Quote Originally Posted by RiseFromTheAshz View Post
    ur not understanding me, they have a single stack of 77, plus like 3 others of over 20 each, and i already destroyed atleast 5-8 other stacks of around 20 regiments, i still dont think they have enough man power for just so much! btw how can i dismantle the empire?
    I understand you perfectly; as I said in my initial post, one of the many bonuses of being the emperor is a huge manpower boost.

I understand you perfectly; as I said in my initial post, one of the many bonuses of being the emperor is a huge manpower boost.
    fine, but what about the attrition is that another bonus?

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

fine, but what about the attrition is that another bonus?
    No, but are you sure they aren't suffering attrition? With their endless manpower, they might be losing 5% strength to attrition and simply reinforcing the stack back up to full strength every month, and you wouldn't even notice a loss of strength. Also, bear in mind that the level of fortification, tax value and land tech level affect the supply limit in a province, and if it's your home province you get a big bonus as well. So a 77,000 stack sitting in a wealthy, fortified province in Austrian territory could suffer no attrition while the same stack in the poor province next door would get hit badly.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    No, but are you sure they aren't suffering attrition? With their endless manpower, they might be losing 5% strength to attrition and simply reinforcing the stack back up to full strength every month, and you wouldn't even notice a loss of strength. Also, bear in mind that the level of fortification, tax value and land tech level affect the supply limit in a province, and if it's your home province you get a big bonus as well. So a 77,000 stack sitting in a wealthy, fortified province in Austrian territory could suffer no attrition while the same stack in the poor province next door would get hit badly.
    This. Also, please register your game to get access to the various subforums, including the FAQ forum, where lots of things are already covered.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Everytime I go to the main menu it says I'm not connected to the forums to get achievements. Then I reconnect (button stays yellow) and load a game. Now I'm not sure how these achievements work?! Is there anything special I forgot to do?

What determines how fast colonies in horde land gain people? i see alot of variation int he per province gain/month and i can't figure it out.

should i buy buildings in colonies that suffer the over seas penalty, 90% of my colonies dont give taxes all their money comes from tariffs, so i just dont know if it'd be worth to get buildings to that give higher tax or stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ksyi View Post
    Everytime I go to the main menu it says I'm not connected to the forums to get achievements. Then I reconnect (button stays yellow) and load a game. Now I'm not sure how these achievements work?! Is there anything special I forgot to do?
    Yellow means you are connected, red means you are not.

Edit: Also, for achievements to work the game has to unmodified, no cheats used in that save, and the save needs to only have been played with one country.

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

I have a question about Noble Republics. Do members of the same family pop up randomly during elections?

For example...Cosimo Medici dies. Can another member of the Medici family eventually rise to become Prince? I know there is really no way to keep a Dynasty for a Noble Republic, but it would be interesting to have a Medici Dynasty eventually (maybe switch to a Monarchy or something).

I would say yes. I wouldn't see why not unless a huge shift in power occurred...
    Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces.

-Julius Caesar

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

should i buy buildings in colonies that suffer the over seas penalty, 90% of my colonies dont give taxes all their money comes from tariffs, so i just dont know if it'd be worth to get buildings to that give higher tax or stuff like that
    Build the entire trade line. Probably not worth bothering with any of the others (apart from a Fort 1).
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Hi

I am playing multiplayer game and I want to broke PU lead by anther player. He lead PU with strong AI nation so I can't do anything. It is possible somehow?

A PU breaks when any of:

* The lesser partner in the union declares war on the union leader (note that if the lesser ends up at war with the major via a call to arms, such as thanks to a guarantee or SoI, the union won't break).

* The major partner's king dies and their prestige is less than 0.

* The major partner's king dies and their relations with the lesser partner are less than 0.

So in your case insulting to -200 is probably the best option.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Hey guys, I think I already know the answer to my own question, but I want it to be confirmed, just in case.

Currently I'm Flanders in the latest version of Miscmods (if that applies). I fully intend on becoming the Netherlands fairly soon and I'm aware that they have a slightly different version of the East India Company decision. So my question is, is there a difference between those decisions besides the name change?

You miss out on 200 ducats and a free grand shipyard but get +25% colonial range.

A PU breaks when any of:

* The lesser partner in the union declares war on the union leader (note that if the lesser ends up at war with the major via a call to arms, such as thanks to a guarantee or SoI, the union won't break).

* The major partner's king dies and their prestige is less than 0.

* The major partner's king dies and their relations with the lesser partner are less than 0.

So in your case insulting to -200 is probably the best option.
    The other way PUs break is if the ruler is Excommunicated.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    And pretenders taking over.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

You miss out on 200 ducats and a free grand shipyard but get +25% colonial range.
    Oh, so there is a difference. Huh. And I'd seen the details in the files recently, too. Blast my memory. >.>. Bah. Anyway, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread