+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 601 FirstFirst ... 127 152 177 202 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 252 277 302 327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Can capitals defect from rebel occupation? I've got Edirne under Greek Patriot control and the Ottomans cut off with my boats.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Wasila View Post
    My mistake. Calabar is actually trading through Kongo (is it possible that it switched from Lubeck while I wasn't looking?). Hovering over my provinces says that we access 15% of the market of slaves, but that Lubeck only has a trading marketshare of 7%. I have a production market share of something like 27%.
    This is the part I don't know: how they add up production and trade values

(EDIT: and apparently production alone won't give you the modifier)
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

If I release a vassal with lands which I have cores, do I get uncontested claims on it?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    If I release a vassal with lands which I have cores, do I get uncontested claims on it?
    afaik yes you dont own those cores
    Victoria Revolutions is out!!!

"Never in the field of human conflicts was so much owed by so many to so few"
    Winston Churchill
    "In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine"
    Erwin Rommel
    Improved Victoria Interface by Tyrel68 Make VIP extra pretty.Mirror Download.
    Victoria Improvement Project v0.4
    V.I.P. Mughalistan
    V.I.P. Scandinavia
    V.I.P. POPs
    V.I.P. Graphics

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Your cores owned by your vassals do not expire and do not cause prestige drain.

(However, if you want them back and it's been more than 50 years since you released them, you have to either diplo-annex them, or take the -3 stab hit for declaring war without cancelling the vassalization.)
    If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Ask your quick modding questions in the appropriate place

Quote Originally Posted by grommile View Post
    Your cores owned by your vassals do not expire and do not cause prestige drain.

(However, if you want them back and it's been more than 50 years since you released them, you have to either diplo-annex them, or take the -3 stab hit for declaring war without cancelling the vassalization.)
    touche learn something every day

Winston Churchill
    "In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine"
    Erwin Rommel
    V.I.P. Mughalistan
    V.I.P. Scandinavia
    V.I.P. POPs
    V.I.P. Graphics

Not sure if this is the place to ask but hey, i am asking it anyway.

What are some good (preferably smaller) nations to start out with when you are trying to learn the game?

I have decided to try to learn the game the correct way (without resorting to cheats) and i am trying to teach a mate of mine the game at the same time.

And personally i don't like to start with bigger nations because the scope will make me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by deknegt View Post

What are some good (preferably smaller) nations to start out with when you are trying to learn the game?

I have decided to try to learn the game the correct way (without resorting to cheats) and i am trying to teach a mate of mine the game at the same time.

And personally i don't like to start with bigger nations because the scope will make me crazy
    Honestly, for learning the game I would always suggest Castille. Bigger nations = more room for error, and more things to work with. That's just a fact.

If you really want to try a smaller nation, I would say something like Denmark, Sweden, Brandenburg, the Teutonic Order or Holland.

Denmark/Sweden: Unite Scandinavia, trade, perhaps PU some north germans and pick a fight with the emperor.. then go colonial and establish an empire in America or Asia.

Brandenburg: Learn the Empire mechanics.. this one is very fun and rewarding. Start out by moving your army to Luxemburg, declare war and siege them then peace out (vassalize them) before the emperor finishes sieging your provinces. Now it's time to pick a fight with your neighbors in any way possible while avoiding the ire of Bohemia and Poland. Use any CB you can get, warn, ally (alliance CB will help a lot in the early game) -- the Conquer Pommeria mission is also excellent since it gives you a CB -- never, ever actually conquer Pommeria (you will get unlawful terrotory.. nasty stuff) but use the opportunity to vassalize all of Pommerns allies. Soon enough you will have a network of vassals in northern germany (if you did it correctly). Now sit back and wait, force Personal Unions on your vassals whenever you can, use core missions, establish your north german empire. It's not easy for a new player, but you really learn the alliance and Personal Union mechanics.

The Teutonic Order: Much the same as above, but you start out stronger and have other challenges (sweden/denmark, the golden horde and Russia, mainly).

Holland: Learn to trade.. become ultra rich, be opportunistic and eventually form the Netherlands. Then go colonial.
    Last edited by ShoGuL; 03-09-2011 at 17:37.
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it enough to occupy all electors + emperor's capitals to disable HRE?
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by herrhals View Post
    Correct verified this myself

Winston Churchill
    Erwin Rommel
    V.I.P. Mughalistan
    V.I.P. Scandinavia
    V.I.P. POPs
    V.I.P. Graphics

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Yes

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold War

Quote Originally Posted by herrhals View Post
    yes

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjstaab View Post
    Can capitals defect from rebel occupation? I've got Edirne under Greek Patriot control and the Ottomans cut off with my boats.
    I've had it happen as Byzantium. I was attending to other things while waiting for the truce to expire, and one day I noticed that Edirine was a part of my empire. Except for their cores there was no trace of the Ottomans.

Quote Originally Posted by deknegt

Portugal.
    A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Puritan View Post
    Portugal.
    Just don't put your national focus in Beira like the AI does. (Seriously, the number of times Portugal has done that in my Castille games is ridiculous.)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

im playing as France and destroying the world........have the take italy mission and have 1/3 of it occupied by owning one contry.....if i annex them do its provinces become cores and can i also conqour other italian contries after to do the same?

ZOMFG France declared war on me <_<. Anyway, at the time I was in a war with Maya (I think - the one in Central America), and even during the war I could just click 'Seize Colony' and take it instantly, without negotiations. I thought this only applied to colonies? These provinces had more than 1000 people???

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ZOMFG France declared war on me <_<. Anyway, at the time I was in a war with Maya (I think - the one in Central America), and even during the war I could just click 'Seize Colony' and take it instantly, without negotiations. I thought this only applied to colonies? These provinces had more than 1000 people???
    Yes, you can do that, but the AI will only do it in colonies.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

So I can use Seize Colonies on all Native American provinces?

Master Sergeant Shooter Person Rockingluke's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by tapewormlondon View Post
    im playing as France and destroying the world........have the take italy mission and have 1/3 of it occupied by owning one contry.....if i annex them do its provinces become cores and can i also conqour other italian contries after to do the same?
    If you mean the Italian Ambition mission, as soon as you claim a province in the Italian region the mission will complete and it will core. If you gain several provinces on 1 day (like from a peace treaty) all will core. You can get 1/2 of Italy like this.
    Come join us in Werewolf! We don't bite, much!
    Wins: Survived to the end in Werewolf CXII: Refugees as a Cursed Villager
    Losses: Overwhelmed by wolves as a Plotter Villager in Werewolf-CXX-Shipwrecked
    Total Wins/Losses: 1/1

So I can use Seize Colonies on all Native American provinces?
    TO be precise: all provinces belonging to countries whose state religion is Animism or Shamanism.

Remember, in each province you grab this way, to leave a couple of regiments behind and start building a fort if there isn't one there already.

+ Reply to Thread