+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 603 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 43 68 93 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dogia View Post
    Question about Plutocracy and merchant chance.

In my current venice game i have become fully plutocratic, when i look at the slider bonuses it says i have a greater "Merchant chance" but when i look at the break down of my chances when competeing, this value does not seem to appear. Is this only a placement chance? Or am i looking in the wrong place?
    It is only a placement chance (which can still come in handy--just not as much as compete chance). Compete chance is always specifically referred to by that name, merchant chance is always the placement chance.

@Mattabesta: Move your capital to the Azores or Madeira (they're on the European continent, so you can do this). Then move to the Americas when you regain stability and cash (they have no bordering provinces).

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesta View Post
    how do you move your capital from Iberia to the Americas as Portugal without permanently loosing the Iberian provinces or changing the save?
    Move it to The Azores or the Canaries first.

Edit: Emu'd by not seeing there was a new page.

@ truth is life: You sure?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Triggered Modifiers (Mandate of Heaven)

1. What does "has no factions" mean? I'm using Castille btw.

This is China only. You can never have it because you have no factions

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I am a step away from having the option to unite the HRE as Byzantine Emperor. Why should I do it? I will be sad to lose the purple.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Well, you unify all the minors into one state (yours) and end any illegal Imperial land infamy. Otherwise, there isn't really much reason to do it, except for completion.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindVictoria 2

I did it once as the Byzantines. Mainly, it gives you more property to take on other overgrown nations. If you have France/Burgundy, Spain, GB, and Sweden under control, then it probably doesn't matter.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Do I get additional cores and state cultures for uniting HRE?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayavarman View Post
    HRE is a union culture tag, so state cultures are irrlevant. I think you do get cores on all the provinces in the HRE when you unite them.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

are save game files supposed to be 600MB big? its 1550 in my game right now, and each autosave and my regular save is 650mb each....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
    are save game files supposed to be 600MB big? its 1550 in my game right now, and each autosave and my regular save is 650mb each....
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11902987

I dont have access to the tech forums, been on probation for years, can you give the jist of whats needed to fix it?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    When I united HRE i I got some (many) additional cores, but not in all the empire, one or two countries even stay independent.
    I really did not understand what's happened, maybe something related to the way the wars following the last two decisions ended.
    Anyway once HRE is reunited, it has little importance, since you can do whatever you want, pretty much.

I dont have access to the tech forums, been on probation for years, can you give the jist of whats needed to fix it?
    Basically: don't reload saves, quit to desktop and restart when you need to reload. The problem has to do with how achieves currently get saved (don't ask me for details though). Not sure you can fix the currently huge files but a new game with all reloading being done after exiting the game will avoid a repeat.

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

Essentially it's a known issue that should be fixed in the next patch. From what I understand, you can avoid it by not logging in to Paradox Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    Essentially it's a known issue that should be fixed in the next patch. From what I understand, you can avoid it by not logging in to Paradox Online.
    no, thats not enough as was explained in seversl threads already..

Blog Entries
    Delete all the "nr" lines at the end of your save file. Delete everything inside your achievements.txt file

Still on my first game, finally discovered the new world (as Portugal). I am starting to read up on Colonisation posts, but wanted to know if there was a rule of thumb as to how much/little of the new world i should grab? My eyes, i think, are bigger then my eventual budget. I am the first European power there and have just started grabbing everything.

Will this eventually come back to bite me? Or should i just keep going hog wild and send colonists to every new territory i discover? Should i just stick to Caribbean islands and/or coastal provinces? I wanted to play this first game as colony power but don't want run my country in the ground either!

Delete all the "nr" lines at the end of your save file. Delete everything inside your achievements.txt file
    Thanks!! Took a bit, but my save files are back down to 20mb instead of peaking at 880mb each haha. nothing more fun they deleting 10 trillion lines of NR= blah blah blah.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

When it says that the Shiite and Shinto religions add +.50 to morale, does that mean they just get half a point of morale, or an extra half of their base morale?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 603 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 43 68 93 118 ... LastLast