+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 601 FirstFirst ... 70 95 120 145 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 195 220 245 270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Annex it. With or without cores, your choice. Tuscany by itself though can be troublesome, you might need to just fight the emperor for it. Maybe wait till he is weak so you may jump in and eat the vulnerable firenze.
    Ok

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I keep reading about being able to make a 'super-monopoly' in a CoT as a mercantilist, but whenever I already have six merchants I can't place more, extra ones I send don't succeed no matter the compete chance. Is there something I'm missing?

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I keep reading about being able to make a 'super-monopoly' in a CoT as a mercantilist, but whenever I already have six merchants I can't place more, extra ones I send don't succeed no matter the compete chance. Is there something I'm missing?
    I've never heard of such a thing.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If you have all the trade value, or close to it, and are full mercantile, you'll have ridiculous chances in a CoT. You can continue to send traders after 6 merchants which knock out other competitors and leave free seats. Since newcomers have to compete against you, they will almost always fail because of your ridiculous compete chance. When you are the only trader (you'll still be at 6, by the way) you get the full value of a CoT. Yeah. You saw that right. The entire thing.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

It should look like this:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Soggy...U3/gbr1694.jpg

See how there's 13 free slots? It should be the case that this will be possible as you can just keep sending merchants. However, it does require a lot of micromanaging to continue sending merchants there again and again and again.

The value is such a low percentage because I have about 50 billion nations embargoed.

Hello everyone.

I am meeting a weird situation. I assume it is a bug, but maybe it is linked to some changes after In nomine (I am playing with EU C right now) : even with tremendous Military culture (aka 80%), I can't create any general/amiral, even after waiting (and fighting) during more than 40 years. I didn't try with explorers (I played contiental in my last game), but this is weird.

So, bug, or can it be possible?

Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    It means you probably have historical leaders on. Don't do that. It's fun for awhile but eventually your pool dies unless you're England, France, or Spain.

Also, why play with EU:C when you have HTTT and Divine Wind?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    If you have all the trade value, or close to it, and are full mercantile, you'll have ridiculous chances in a CoT. You can continue to send traders after 6 merchants which knock out other competitors and leave free seats. Since newcomers have to compete against you, they will almost always fail because of your ridiculous compete chance. When you are the only trader (you'll still be at 6, by the way) you get the full value of a CoT. Yeah. You saw that right. The entire thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    It should look like this:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Soggy...U3/gbr1694.jpg

See how there's 13 free slots? It should be the case that this will be possible as you can just keep sending merchants. However, it does require a lot of micromanaging to continue sending merchants there again and again and again.

The value is such a low percentage because I have about 50 billion nations embargoed.
    Thanks guys. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Okay, another question: the paradoxian wiki page on initial slider positions (about halfway down) has an entry on the nation 'Etruria', which I assume is a central Italy union country? Which nations can form it? I've never heard of it but it sounds like a cool alternative to forming Italy.

Majesty II Collection

I don't know. I noticed that too. Etruria was in EU: Rome, so I guess it just exists in the game files but you won't see it in the game.

Blog Entries
    It exists later on, and is also a revolter nation, I believe.

Why would it be in the game files if it served no purpose, Snake?

Crusader Kings IIRome GoldVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks guys. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Okay, another question: the paradoxian wiki page on initial slider positions (about halfway down) has an entry on the nation 'Etruria', which I assume is a central Italy union country? Which nations can form it? I've never heard of it but it sounds like a cool alternative to forming Italy.
    It is a possible revolter nation with lombard culture. Etruria was an italian puppet state of napoleonic france.
    Ihr möchtet Deutsch statt Paradotsch? Unterstützt die (EU3)-DeutschMod!

Majesty II Collection

Things are always left over in video games' files from beta testing.

Or defunct options. defines.txt still has parameters for Cardinal influence which was dropped in HTTT.

Because games are complicated, and developers will start working off previous or related versions and build something new. As long as the old stuff doesn't impact performance or cause weird instability, there is little reason to remove it. They might always decide to build on it for the next expansion.

I'm guessing that the core EU3 code at this time is messy and over-extended because the game has been taught to do many, many things it wasn't intended to do over the years. We'll see EU4 at the point where the developers decide that they want to do something that can't be done with the current game in an elegant or efficient way.

Blog Entries
    There are ROME:TW files in Medieval 2:TW.

So wait. What are the conditions of this state revolting? I can't find any.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Event: "An accepted culture is lost" - Explanation needed

Playing as Teutonic Order I was glad to see that Russian culture was accepted quite early. I thought expanding in this direction would be a good idea. However, several years later I gained 2 further russian-culture provinces and suddenly I lost the "accepted culture" status for this culture.

What happened?

Majesty II Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jens Z View Post
    Playing as Teutonic Order I was glad to see that Russian culture was accepted quite early. I thought expanding in this direction would be a good idea. However, several years later I gained 2 further russian-culture provinces and suddenly I lost the "accepted culture" status for this culture.

What happened?
    If provinces of an unaccepted culture produce >12% of your income, you get that culture accepted. However, once the accepted culture's income drop below 5% they return to being unaccepted.

Edit: It also only applies to core provinces and I think it's only base tax related.
    Last edited by TAMBOURINESNAKE; 14-07-2011 at 19:14.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Z View Post

What happened?
    Emu'ed

Is there a way to get rid of infamy other than the Diplomat advisor?
    I have over 20 infamy and my Diplomat is only a level 1 advisor, so he's only getting rid of a little bit every year.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Romaious330 View Post
    I have over 20 infamy and my Diplomat is only a level 1 advisor, so he's only getting rid of a little bit every year.
    You can always release vassals; if you have a republic, go for a diplomatic candidate next election. Anti-Piracy Act, if you're late enough in the game, cuts your max infamy limit but gives you more burn a month. Hope that helps!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Romaious330 View Post
    Building an embassy will give you -0.4 BB a year. Having a ruler with a high DIP stat helps a lot, so switch to a republic with elections if you aren't already one. Build up your cultural tradition through cultural decisions, then use that to get a better diplomat. The curia isn't really an option because of that high BB, but each cardinal would give -0.1 BB a year. Getting rid of any unlawful imperial territory you have would be a good idea as well.

+ Reply to Thread