+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 601 FirstFirst ... 35 60 85 110 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 160 185 210 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 12015

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Quote Originally Posted by theawesome300 View Post
    Is there a place that i can find all the names of countries in save files (e.g. ENG for england)?
    http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Tag

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by theawesome300 View Post
    Is there a place that i can find all the names of countries in save files (e.g. ENG for england)?
    Yes, the wiki: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Tags

EDIT: oops, emu'd by a new page I didn't see...
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Generally Accepted as #1 Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

My finger slipped (literally) and I enacted Liberte, egalitae and fraternie by accident, what are its effects???

It should just say, but what it does is TOLERANCE, TOLERANCE FOR EVERYONE.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    My finger slipped (literally) and I enacted Liberte, egalitae and fraternie by accident, what are its effects???
    The cultural decision? You get vast increases in tech investments for a huge RR (+8 I think) for a number of years. Also, check the modifier listing in the first page of the country menus.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    I have no idea. I use one-to-one, but a stack of 20 Caravels and 10 Barques is probably better than a stack of 30 Caravels. You just have to experiment.
    Yes. Naval positioning is pretty new and it is not really clear what is the best strategy. one to one seems a bit weak but you do want to throw in some light ships into your main fleets, rather than just stack big ships like you used to. The best idea is to keep the total stack size down so your fleet is bigger than your oponents but not by too much.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

How do you create Courland? In a couple of games it seems to of appeared, both times with its capital in Samogitia, when I've been busy with other regions of the world and haven't really been paying attention to Europe. Now since it doesn't appear to start with any cores it wasn't created via releasing vassals so I'm a bit puzzled, is it due to rebels or am I barking up the wrong tree? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    How do you create Courland? In a couple of games it seems to of appeared, both times with its capital in Samogitia, when I've been busy with other regions of the world and haven't really been paying attention to Europe. Now since it doesn't appear to start with any cores it wasn't created via releasing vassals so I'm a bit puzzled, is it due to rebels or am I barking up the wrong tree? Cheers.
    It's rebels. Courland is the only Old Prussian-cultured nation, and there's only one Old Prussian province in the game, so it doesn't show up very often.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by mudfrog View Post
    In this screenshot, all of my provinces blocked to the sea by Portugal's territory had the "Blockaded" modifier. I don't see how this makes sense, as Portugal wasn't embargoing me and I even had military access, but I guess that's just how the game works.
    Anyway, I fixed the problem by creating continuous boundaries, but was there another way I could've solved it?
    The answer to this is pretty simple, no.
    ###Goldmattress###

Generally Accepted as #1 Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    The cultural decision? You get vast increases in tech investments for a huge RR (+8 I think) for a number of years. Also, check the modifier listing in the first page of the country menus.
    Ah, thanks man. I keep forgetting about that page.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbo View Post
    It's rebels. Courland is the only Old Prussian-cultured nation, and there's only one Old Prussian province in the game, so it doesn't show up very often.
    That's right, but let us not forget the poor Livonian Order ^^
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbo View Post
    Did you know that Courland had colonies?
    2 islands that were stolen by the dutch i believe

Second one of the day. I just noticed that when you vassalise someone as part of a peace deal that rather amusingly they get demoted to reflect their now owing homage to you with their title changing to Duke and government changing to Duchy, although when I mouse over it's basically just feudal monarchy renamed but still a nice touch. The only problem with this is that it makes this change even for non-monarchical types of government such as administrative republics, theocracies or merchant republics. Is there any way to vassalise countries and they still keep the type of government they originally had?

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Two quick questions:

(1) all my colony ranges are screwed up and colonists arrive instantly. I assume this is the known map cache problem, and I need to delete my map cache. Is that right? Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Will my current save games be corrected by this action? How often do I need to delete the cache?

(2) I always see pretty screenshots of the whole world. How are people doing these? I can only zoom out to a certain point that is maybe 1/10 of the whole world, why? Would like to see the whole world other than on the mini map.

Thanks!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

What is the standard setting for Lucky nations? Is it historical or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by snaktime View Post
    Two quick questions:

(1) all my colony ranges are screwed up and colonists arrive instantly. I assume this is the known map cache problem, and I need to delete my map cache. Is that right? Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Will my current save games be corrected by this action? How often do I need to delete the cache?

(2) I always see pretty screenshots of the whole world. How are people doing these? I can only zoom out to a certain point that is maybe 1/10 of the whole world, why? Would like to see the whole world other than on the mini map.

Thanks!
    1) Map cache deleting, they go wrong because they update the map slightly etc.

2) F12 for whole world and Shift+F12 for only you and your vassals/PU

@Fabius, Yes it is

Can I convert a Muslim country to Christianity (or Christian country to Islam) through war treaties in some way?
    Can I convert my own Muslim country to Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, etc.) through some sort of event/decision, and if so, what triggers it?

Indipidipenditant Demi Moderator LordLeto's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Second one of the day. I just noticed that when you vassalise someone as part of a peace deal that rather amusingly they get demoted to reflect their now owing homage to you with their title changing to Duke and government changing to Duchy, although when I mouse over it's basically just feudal monarchy renamed but still a nice touch. The only problem with this is that it makes this change even for non-monarchical types of government such as administrative republics, theocracies or merchant republics. Is there any way to vassalise countries and they still keep the type of government they originally had?
    To my knowledge force vasalizing doesn't change their government type. But every government has a vassal rank. Theocracies will go from Cardninal to Bishop when vassalized, but they're still a theocracy for example.

Quote Originally Posted by FabiusBile View Post
    What is the standard setting for Lucky nations? Is it historical or something else?

Yes. There are also 'off' and 'random' options. But the default is historical.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrillSwe View Post
    Can I convert a Muslim country to Christianity (or Christian country to Islam) through war treaties in some way?
    No, you can only force convert within your own religious group. Meaning Catholics can convert Orthodox and vicer versa and Sunni can convert Shiite and vice versa, and so on.

Can I convert my own Muslim country to Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, etc.) through some sort of event/decision, and if so, what triggers it?
    None that I know of. Though if you have a couple wrong religious provinces and let the Zealot rebles topple your government you'll convert to their religion.
    If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other color, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." -- John Steinbeck

PARADOX 10 COMMANDMENTS

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

To anyone who's gotten the Poland Can Into Space achievement: It says you need to reach the maximum level in all technologies -- I know that tech level 72 is the highest possible tech level, but the EU3 Wiki says you need level 60. So which is it, 60 or 72?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you force-vassalize them through a peace deal, they keep their initial government. If you release them as a vassal they have a government similar to yours. Monarchy vassals are always called Duchies and their monarchs called Dukes, but they can have any monarchy government (feudal, despotic, administrative, etc.). Republic vassals don't change name.
    The 'title' of a government is just a sort of flavour thing, it doesn't necessarily indicate the government-type (you see that if you mouse-over the 'title). So monarchies in east asia are called Empires, no matter if they are feudal monarchy, empire, or absolute monarchy. Monarchy vassals in the Islamic world are called Emirates with Emirs ruling them, but it's the sake as Duchies and Dukes above, just a flavour thing.

FabiusBile: The standard setting is historical, IIRC. This is easier to figure out when you're playing just start a new game!
    (I don't have time to load up a game atm)

+ Reply to Thread