+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 600 FirstFirst ... 19 44 69 94 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 144 169 194 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 11986

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Keinwyn View Post
    They are surrounded by wasteland though.
    Well, you'll "explore" after some time, and once you know the wastelands, you'll know the lakes as well, given time.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesta View Post
    figured it out unsurprisingly not with the tech support forum,*cough*unhelpfulshit*cough*
    Really? What would you say was missing? There are links to posts explaining Compatibility Files quite well, I'd say. Any particular site you'd think be better suited for a link?
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What does it mean when the number figure for your army is in red? For example for my Guarda Real army the 8525 showing me the strength is listed in red?
    Eutopia is dead. Long live Eutopia.

Paradox Member #3510

England fan since 1966 but should consider looking for another team. [

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That means your army is suffering attrition.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephus I View Post
    What does it mean when the number figure for your army is in red? For example for my Guarda Real army the 8525 showing me the strength is listed in red?
    You aren't getting the Combined Forces modifier: You have more cavalry than infantry in that army.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

what triggers the event 'claims on our rivals' that gives you some cores on your neighbours? just got it, happy time

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What re the ffetcts of being a vassal?
    Can you still have RM, send merchants wherever you want (whithin the geographic limits, I mean), send insults and gifts?
    Also, are you automatically in war when your master is?

Thx for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    what triggers the event 'claims on our rivals' that gives you some cores on your neighbours? just got it, happy time
    Your monarch requires a DIP Skill of 6 or higher. Any stat above 6, that is 7 or higher, increases the chances of it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    What re the ffetcts of being a vassal?
    Can you still have RM, send merchants wherever you want (whithin the geographic limits, I mean), send insults and gifts?
    Also, are you automatically in war when your master is?

Thx for the answers
    A Vassal can only RM/Ally it's master. You can trade, colonize, explore, insult/gift, trade mil access without hinderance. Half your (monthly? can never remember)tax gets paid to your overlord. If you aren't allied with your overlord you aren't automatically taken into their wars.
    Should someone DOW you, your master should be dragged into the war against their will, guaranteed defence.

I've seen AI vassals form RM's with each other, however, I've never played a French vassal to see if I could pimp out my family to them.

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

In DW march 30th patch, what affects the "years between policy changes" for a given government type? I am a Feudal Monarchy and time between changes are 25.4 years. I remember it being a lot shorter earlier in the game.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadPeterson View Post
    In DW march 30th patch, what affects the "years between policy changes" for a given government type? I am a Feudal Monarchy and time between changes are 25.4 years. I remember it being a lot shorter earlier in the game.
    Size.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadPeterson View Post
    Government type and size are the most important factors. Going empire is a good way to reduce it. Although switching govt type actually briefly increases it. I think other factors like centralisation or stablity might play a role too, as I have noticed that sometimes the time between changes drops as those improve.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Recently during a Mp game involving a friend and myself I took a peace offer as Muscowy to convert religion to get the both of us out of a terribly trap war. So my newly formed Russia is Catholic instead of Orthodox and I'm looking to switch back to Orthodox. I do not have the option to change religions in the religious tab and am curious if anyone has an experience with switching religions after being forced into it by peace treaty. I'm thinking if maybe I move my capital or just wait for the reformation to happen? If anyone has any ideas / solutions I'd really appreciate it.

If you want to go back to Orthodox I think you'll have to do it in a treaty with another Orthodox nation. The Reformation only spreads other religions.

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Yep you'll need to reverse the process and convert back in another war with an orthodox power. Can't switch to Orthodox through a decision ever. Release a OPM if you need to, or there may still be a Greek state left. Then again its going to cost you a bit of stab and legitimacy to change, it may well be better to stay Catholic! The only thing you will miss out on is establish russian patriach decision, and catholicism is probably a more powerful religion, coupled with the fact that your going to need to convert all the Siberian land you take anyway...
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Or you could put a missionary at zero maintenance in an Orthodox province, then give in to the zealots.

Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

What is the 5.1b (MAY 17th) checksum?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can I form German nation as Austria? If so then I know how my evening will be spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    Can I form German nation as Austria? If so then I know how my evening will be spent.
    I believe yes, you're in the German culture group.

--

Quote Originally Posted by CTCMSouthern View Post
    What is the 5.1b (MAY 17th) checksum?
    Register your game to get access to the beta patch in the first place. There is a thread with all checksum for all version of all EU3 games in the tech support forum.

--

EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I thought that the number of diplomats, magistraties, spies etc. in divine wind was maximum 10, but installed and see that it’s 5 as it was. Did the paradox change it to 5, or have i to change something in settings?

+ Reply to Thread