+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 600 FirstFirst ... 7 32 57 82 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 132 157 182 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 11985

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrazine View Post
    A quick question.

Is there a way for a non-HRE country, such as Naples, Hungary, or even ottoman, to join HRE, and how?
    You simply get a province that borders a current imperial province, take the decision in each province all the way back to your capital, and then you're in. If you have bad relations or are bigger than the Emperor, though, he won't let you in.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    You simply get a province that borders a current imperial province, take the decision in each province all the way back to your capital, and then you're in. If you have bad relations or are bigger than the Emperor, though, he won't let you in.
    thx for the reply. A couple of follow up questions: Do you need to be catholic? How can the emperor deny you if this is basically your provincal decision based on your description?

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    thx for the reply. A couple of follow up questions: Do you need to be catholic? How can the emperor deny you if this is basically your provincal decision based on your description?
    The decision asks the emperor, who has to say yes or no. To avoid complications, the AI will never join a human owned empire.

I don't believe you need to be catholic but I don't know.

It's a provincial decision for you, but it fires an event for the emperor where they can accept or deny membership to that territory. Whatever happens you still lose that magistrate.

Only catholics can join the HRE.

Normally you'd have to have less provinces than the current emperor before being able to join (He doesn't want a contender for the job) but there's currently a bug where it doesn't work properly, so as long as you spam the emperor, even France can join the empire.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    It's a provincial decision for you, but it fires an event for the emperor where they can accept or deny membership to that territory. Whatever happens you still lose that magistrate.
    OK, I did some research, but become more confused. I saw two decisions in the HRE.txt:

join_hre = {
    potential = {
    hre = no
    owner = { is_emperor = no }
    religion_group = christian
    owner = {
    }
    any_neighbor_province = {
    hre = yes
    }
    }
    allow = {
    OR = {
    is_emperor = yes
    emperor = { relation = { who = THIS value = 100 } }
    }
    owner = {
    officials = 1
    }
    is_core = THIS
    }
    effect = {
    owner = {
    prestige = 0.02
    officials = -1
    }
    emperor = {
    country_event = 9493
    # set_province_flag = asked_join_hre
    }
    }

join_hre_emp = {
    potential = {
    hre = no
    owner = { is_emperor = yes }
    owner = {
    }
    any_neighbor_province = {
    hre = yes
    }
    }
    allow = {
    owner = {
    officials = 1
    }
    is_core = THIS
    }
    effect = {
    owner = {
    prestige = 0.02
    officials = -1
    add_imperial_influence = 1
    }
    hre = yes
    }
    ai_will_do = {
    factor = 1
    }
    }

Which one is to join HRE?

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Both: the first one is for any nation that is not the Emperor and the second one is for the Emperor only.

How do you build a trade center in divine wind?

anyone?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daunus View Post
    How do you build a trade center in divine wind?
    In the province that is your national focus, there will be a button for it. I don't remember the conditions, but the tooltip should tell them to ye.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Must be, or adjacent to, national focus. Also the value of the existing center must be less than 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse207 View Post
    Must be, or adjacent to, national focus. Also the value of the existing center must be less than 300.
    Greater than 400 I thought? At least that's what just happened as my game as England. London attached to Antwerp, Antwerp valued less than 400 and therefore cannot split from it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

The CoT that province is trading at needs to be worth more than 300. It's in the wiki: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Trade#Center_of_Trade

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

Er, more than 400 ducats to build one in HTTT and DW. To destroy a trade centre it has to be worth less than 300. That wiki page is only current for In Nomine.

Quote Originally Posted by TAMBOURINESNAKE View Post
    Er, more than 400 ducats to build one in HTTT and DW. To destroy a trade centre it has to be worth less than 300. That wiki page is only current for In Nomine.
    Speaking of the wiki, when will they reallow account creation?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If I delay changing a slider when I have the opportunity (usually because I want to go towards centralization but I can't deal with a rebellion just now), is the next slider change delayed as well? Or will it arrive on the same date regardless of when the last one happened?
    I want to be more like the person my dog thinks I am

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Is it ever worth it to destroy a CoT you own?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aramael View Post
    If I delay changing a slider when I have the opportunity (usually because I want to go towards centralization but I can't deal with a rebellion just now), is the next slider change delayed as well? Or will it arrive on the same date regardless of when the last one happened?
    Date is counted from the last change, so yes, "delays" are accumulative.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    If you're mercantilist, no. If you're free trade, it might be worth putting that value in another CoT where it's easier to keep a monopoly.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    If you pick up a several small CoTs in non-core provinces, it makes sense to demolish some as each non-core CoT will give you -15% compete chance in non-owned CoTs.

+ Reply to Thread