• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I inherit a nation (that is in my culture group), do I also get cores on the provinces the inherited nation itself didn't have cores on?

If so, does this mean that whenever me and my PU-partner go to war, I should immediately sell any annexed provinces to my partner? Or does this carry the risk of making my partner bigger than me, therefore making inheriting impossible?

good news and bad news, the good news is i have the answer to your dilemma and the answer is there is no dilemma.

the bad news is you do not get cores on any territory your inherited partener did not have cores on.

And another question which came to my mind this night:
Can every vassal vote "no" on the Imperial Reforms, and if yes, will they "unvasalize". In my current game I have vassalized 75% of the Empire before "Revoking the Privileges" and I am afraid that the bigger ones like Bohemia or Burgundy could vote no on becoming my vassals or joining a Renovatio Imperio.

Also: What is the best way to gain Imperial Authority after passing the "ewiger Landfriede"- Reform? In my previous games I either had conquered enough countries allready so that i could release like 10 or 15 of them, or was not in the empire myself, but atm I got there as austria through Diplomacy, and thus can only release 4 countries..

Maria Theresa was only ever Queen Consort of the HRE, it was her husband Francis I that was elected HRE because of the rules stipulating a woman could not be elected. The HRE was not hereditary de jure, only de facto.

They elected her husband Emperor, as she could not be Emperor under Salic law. The Habsburgs still remained Emperor even with her gender getting in the way.

Hi,

If I start a Holy War in 1649 but make peace in say 1651, do I still get the infamy reduction?

I think you should be able -- it's the start of the war when the wargoals are checked.

Does the shock leader bonus for aristocracy apply to admirals as well?

Playing as the Teutonic Order, I'm currently engaged in a war with The Hansa. I've occupied Lubeck (none of their other provinces, though, as yet). They still have Hamburg and Bremen - they haven't expanded beyond their initial borders. Lubeck is their capital (isolated) - their Focus is in Hamburg. Why am I not able to demand Lubeck in a peace deal? It doesn't have a land connection to any of their other provinces.

Playing as the Teutonic Order, I'm currently engaged in a war with The Hansa. I've occupied Lubeck (none of their other provinces, though, as yet). They still have Hamburg and Bremen - they haven't expanded beyond their initial borders. Lubeck is their capital (isolated) - their Focus is in Hamburg. Why am I not able to demand Lubeck in a peace deal? It doesn't have a land connection to any of their other provinces.

The capital has to be completely isolated, no sea connection either.

How do you pay back a loan?

Is there a way to conquer a province and keep the province improvements on it?

like maybe via defecting,or a reconquest cb?

or do they get destroyed no matter what you do

thanks

How do MP game work? How long are they? I assume they can´t be lengthy so they are more focused on warmongering then country development right?

The standard is weekly 4 hour sessions starting in 1399 and hopefully finishing in 1821. You can read the first post or two of some of the active MP threads to get some basics down. A complete game usually takes around 5 months to complete.

Is there a way to conquer a province and keep the province improvements on it?

like maybe via defecting,or a reconquest cb?

or do they get destroyed no matter what you do

thanks

In the beta patches, you get to keep the buildings if you have a core on the province. Can't remember if there are more conditions.