• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, you can sell them or try to release them as vassals, which will knock some points of your infamy, -2/province. An ambassador will also increase your infamy limit. So with an ambassador and a diplomat working together, you might be able to forestall going over the limit long enough untill you've cored a province, and/or built an embassy.

Question on navies I'd appreciate an answer too: Is it worth building a mixed navy of Galleys/Barques/Caravels? So far in my Holland game, its 1468, I've just pumped out big ships and cogs which seem to do me fine. But I guess each type of ship must have its respective advantages. I thought about using barques for exploration but the seem to take damage quicker from attrition than caravels negating the advantage in speed, from what I can tell anyway....

Just from the previous page, and I've also got another small query. My Revolt Risk modifiers don't seem to always add up. In the building panel of the ledger, it says The Azores has a revolt risk of -1, which is more or less what I get when I add up the factors shown when I mouse over the revolt risk. However, when I look at The Azores on the map, it displays a revolt risk or 6.6% and I'm worried rebels are going to appear. Is this WAD?

Question on navies I'd appreciate an answer too: Is it worth building a mixed navy of Galleys/Barques/Caravels? So far in my Holland game, its 1468, I've just pumped out big ships and cogs which seem to do me fine. But I guess each type of ship must have its respective advantages. I thought about using barques for exploration but the seem to take damage quicker from attrition than caravels negating the advantage in speed, from what I can tell anyway....

1. Transports: To do just that, but you could also use single transports to patrol seazones to ward of pirates, ie. they're cheaper.

2. Galleys: Have better shock values in closed waters like the Med, or the Baltics. The province tooltip in terrain mode will tell you if a seazone is considered an inland water. This shock benefits lasts until 1550 maybe. Not sure cause I never use them, but I guess for a poorer nation on the corresponding coasts they might provide a cheaper alternative to the ocean goers. A side note: I once got my major French fleet of heavy/light ships obliterated by a Napalese galley fleet, even though I outnumbered them.

3. Big Ships: You're heavy hitters. Stronger hull and more guns than light ships, those are the ones you want attacking enemy fleets.

4. Light Ships: Higher speed than heavies, so useful for chasing. Because of this I also use them for exploration, not sure though if you're right about attrition, but they cost less maintenance and I need the heavies to be ready to respond to hostiles, so them I position only at strategic locations. Lights are also your best option fill out your sealanes to get your maximum tariffs, because only they and heavies can be used for that, and lights are cheaper obviously.

Edited

Just from the previous page, and I've also got another small query. My Revolt Risk modifiers don't seem to always add up. In the building panel of the ledger, it says The Azores has a revolt risk of -1, which is more or less what I get when I add up the factors shown when I mouse over the revolt risk. However, when I look at The Azores on the map, it displays a revolt risk or 6.6% and I'm worried rebels are going to appear. Is this WAD?

It's WAD, provinces of a foreign culture have a minimum nationalism revolt factor that will wane over time. It can be viewed in the tooltip.

Ever since DW I've noticed the CoT map icon appearing in several provinces that don't have a CoT, what's the deal with this? In case you're wondering it's that little money bag with gold pouring out.

I have reported that bug but they haven't fixed it in the betas.

I'm having a problem with inheritance in Divine Wind. Playing as Minamoto, I've smashed the other Japanese factions and forced them all into Personal Unions with me; the game is telling me on the monarch tooltip that on his death, my Heir (his claim is Average, he's of age) will inherit all three (I have >50 Prestige and relations approaching 200 with every one). However, when he does die (and I've reloaded and played through more than once), nothing happens except a Pretender rising; all the PUs remain intact, and it still says I'll inherit them on the death of this monarch. Is this a bug, or is there some factor I've overlooked?

I'm having a problem with inheritance in Divine Wind. Playing as Minamoto, I've smashed the other Japanese factions and forced them all into Personal Unions with me; the game is telling me on the monarch tooltip that on his death, my Heir (his claim is Average, he's of age) will inherit all three (I have >50 Prestige and relations approaching 200 with every one). However, when he does die (and I've reloaded and played through more than once), nothing happens except a Pretender rising; all the PUs remain intact, and it still says I'll inherit them on the death of this monarch. Is this a bug, or is there some factor I've overlooked?

Hmm, are you sure you haven't just overlooked the "Pretender Rising" line? Else I have no clue.

If a pretender rises, will that stop me from inheriting (and if so is there any way to prevent it or do I just have to wait for Disposable Leader #2 to die)?

If that has a higher position on the monarch death list, then yes, it'll prevent you from inheritng. Don't think you can do anything about it though, sry.

Occasionally hitting Andalucia with spy fueled revolts to interrupt Castilles economy...will this have any effect and is it worth it?

If the rebels take the province, it could work. But that would be indicitive of other major Castillian problems. Otherwise they can just crush the rebels.