• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Long loading time usually points to problems with antivirus/firewall. Try and set the game folder to "excluded", or disable on-access antivir. It should increase loading times significantly. If not, please open a proper thread with as much detailed information as possible in the tech support forum.

Is there a simple way to take out the Loan mechanism from the game? I never want to take a loan but sometimes I make a mistake and one is taken out and I have to resign and reload.

I'm playing as Holland, became HRE and enacted all reforms except the last one.
What happens if I now change to Administrative Republic? Will I loose the heridatary HRE title? To who? And what will happen with all my HRE-vassals?
(playing HTTT)

Last edited:
You'll be removed as emperor, HRE vassals (reform) will be released. New elctions on emperor. If you want to become a republic you'll either have to reform the HRE first, or be willing to loose the crown. A middle way I'm going in a game as AUS atm is only enacting all reforms up to the global tax increase one and no more, at least for. Maintaining the title is not a problem with gifts and also there are still enough wars within the HRE that I get to make plenty of vassals. I'd guess about 60% of the HRE territory has been vassalized by me by now. So, plenty of territory, plenty of money, plenty of vassals and all the good bonuses, nice game.

Got another question:

Why do most of my Generals die after only a few years in service? And not even in battle, but in peacetime? Do they die of boredom or are they only allowed to become generel when they're already 80 years old? Can i do something to make them live longer, it gets quite expensive when i have to "buy" new ones so fast..?

Got another question:

Why do most of my Generals die after only a few years in service? And not even in battle, but in peacetime? Do they die of boredom or are they only allowed to become generel when they're already 80 years old? Can i do something to make them live longer, it gets quite expensive when i have to "buy" new ones so fast..?

It's random. Generals have a higher chance of dying during war than peace, because they can die in battle (I think) but I tend to notice it more during peace because in war I play 2-3 years in the same period I play 8-10 years in peace.

Does the Cultural Assimilation Event work for the Japanese in 3.2? I'm not seeing anything and it's late in the 1700s. Weirdly though, there's a province way out near Kazakh that's Japanese in culture - does it start the game like that?

Does the Cultural Assimilation Event work for the Japanese in 3.2? I'm not seeing anything and it's late in the 1700s. Weirdly though, there's a province way out near Kazakh that's Japanese in culture - does it start the game like that?

The general cultural assimilation even doesn't care about which culture it is changing to. However, the event can only fire for your capital, your national focus (which is something you get in HT), or provinces that border provinces of your culture. So basically, it's not going to go overseas into mainland Asia.

I'm not familiar with 3.2, but it can fire for CoTs with 5 merchants in them iirc, so it CAN jump overseas in that manner. Perhaps that happened with HttT.

So Samarkand, if that's what he's talking about, could have converted via the CoT rule.

The general cultural assimilation even doesn't care about which culture it is changing to. However, the event can only fire for your capital, your national focus (which is something you get in HT), or provinces that border provinces of your culture. So basically, it's not going to go overseas into mainland Asia.

Yeah, but I've colonized Siberia and was expecting some Manchurian provinces to change like when I played Russia. Are you sure the event is applicable for all nations/cultures? I just have a feeling that it won't work for Japan.

It alwys rewards a core, however just one per peace deal, no matter how manny provinces you took "back". Example, I took three Pommeranian provinces from Sweden and got a core in one of the as reward; playing as Hansa.

In Chronicles, what is the best infantry:cavalry ratio for a European nation in the start of the Grand Campaign?

More Inf than Cav.

I was playing as Alasce. Took Parma from Aragon who was excommunicated. A core was rewarded. Does take a HRE province from non-HRE owner always rewarded with cores or this has something to do with excomm?

Were you the Emperor? I know for a fact that when you are the Emperor if you 'restore' provinces into HRE control (from a non-HRE power) you gain a core on one province. I do not know for certain if this works for ANY HRE power.