• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In 3.2, is there a way to generate Religious Zealots (espionage?) or do they just just show up on their own. This is the first game where I enabled the Defection pop-ups. I noticed that France gets a lot a provinces via defection. What would be the reason for this? Also, Orleans was formed in a peace deal and before I had a chance to annex it, several French provinces defected to Orleans. I then vassalised Orleans, and still see provinces defecting to Orleans every now and then. So, what's up with defection and the French/Orleans?

Is there anyway to lower total peace cost, so you can be able to annex? Twice now I've gotten into a war with Aragon (Once because I started a war with Portugal, and Aragon decide to get involved, and the 2nd because they are weak and I wanted Barcelona to form Spain), but I can't get Barcelona because of it being their capital and the total peace cost of their provinces being too high to annex.

Is there anyway to stop religious civil disorder?i was playing an MP game and was about to get ecumenism when i got religious civil disorder and 100k rebels.....

Is there anyway to lower total peace cost, so you can be able to annex? Twice now I've gotten into a war with Aragon (Once because I started a war with Portugal, and Aragon decide to get involved, and the 2nd because they are weak and I wanted Barcelona to form Spain), but I can't get Barcelona because of it being their capital and the total peace cost of their provinces being too high to annex.

The smaller they are (less total provinces) the easier it is to annex individual provinces. Also, if you're going for a capital, you generally (but maybe not always?) need to make sure it isn't conected by land to any of their other provinces.

What's the best way for Muscovy to survive the Golden Horde? Even with Liberium Veto they still outnumber me 3:1.

Can you offer them tribute while you annex the other Russian states (through the excellent missions Muscowy has preferably)? That should allow you to build up, although I guess you will still face an invasion every 5 years. Otherwise you could consider scorching border provinces and hoping for attrition to do most of the job for you?

I am Castille, i have taken a Romanian culture province and want to shift my culture towards that, but i need to have more Romanian that castillian, how can i do this?

What determines government form of liberated countries? As France (Empire), I attacked Austria (Feudal monarchy) and forced it to release Styria, Salzburg and Augsburg. Now all three of these are theocracies. Why? Is it because I'm empire, but somehow they can't be empires since they're so small?

I am Castille, i have taken a Romanian culture province and want to shift my culture towards that, but i need to have more Romanian that castillian, how can i do this?

Release vassals/sell Castillian land. Note that you need a combined base tax of Romanian provinces, not cores.

Can you offer them tribute while you annex the other Russian states (through the excellent missions Muscowy has preferably)? That should allow you to build up, although I guess you will still face an invasion every 5 years. Otherwise you could consider scorching border provinces and hoping for attrition to do most of the job for you?

Actually, giving tribute doesn't expire after 5 years (which can be a bad thing, since when you are strong enough to take them on you'll have to attack them without a CB (unless you have a CB on one of their vassals)). They will occasionally attack you randomly if the tribute amount is small and you seem weak, but if you keep a large standing army and don't get into too many wars at once this is unlikely.

DW: Went TEU -> PRU, and have several provinces that are part of the HRE (like the eastern Baltic, I've also picked up some German provinces along the way), but I am not a member of the HRE. Can I become a member, and if so how? Or should I "abandon the HRE" for provinces?---it sounds ominous.

DW: Went TEU -> PRU, and have several provinces that are part of the HRE (like the eastern Baltic, I've also picked up some German provinces along the way), but I am not a member of the HRE. Can I become a member, and if so how? Or should I "abandon the HRE" for provinces?---it sounds ominous.

You can become part of the empire if your capital is part of the empire. But the problem is that the ai won't accept you into the empire if you are to strong.

Thanks!

Here is another one: When I have a CB, they give numbers like "0% infamy, 100% prestige, 75% province cost" - I am not sure I understand these numbers, because I still rack up BB when I annex provinces (even on a "conquest" CB), I assume prestige refers to the prestige I receive from battles or peace settlements, but the province cost - what does that refer to?

Thanks!

Here is another one: When I have a CB, they give numbers like "0% infamy, 100% prestige, 75% province cost" - I am not sure I understand these numbers, because I still rack up BB when I annex provinces (even on a "conquest" CB), I assume prestige refers to the prestige I receive from battles or peace settlements, but the province cost - what does that refer to?

That refers to the warscore cost of provinces.

Thanks!

The infamy percentage is how much infamy is deducted. The prestige % is how much more you get. The province cost % is how much less it costs.

Thanks!

It is because with conquest or reconquest those numbers only refer to the 1 or 2 provinces listed. If you are taking other provinces, it is going to go back to normal cost for the other provinces.