• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems like the rules for a LandLocked province is different in Europe than in the rest of the world. Is this by Region then? What regions ignore the rules for a LandLocked province? Or is the HRE involved in this?

It seems like the rules for a LandLocked province is different in Europe than in the rest of the world. Is this by Region then? What regions ignore the rules for a LandLocked province? Or is the HRE involved in this?

Are you talking about peace deals for capitals?

With province of the empire I mean an Imperial province (corsica)

To become a member of the empire, you have to get your capital to become an imperial province.

Are you talking about peace deals for capitals?

By Landlocked, I meant not having a connection back to your capital. The province will get a huge negative modifier to production (perhaps taxes too). For instance, I'm Portugal and one of the provinces in the middle of Asia is mine - but in Europe some countries are separated into two sections, in this case the section not connected to the Capitol does not get the negative modifier. Is this because of the HRE or this because of the Region?

Hehe I edited my post at the same time. I overlooked the word capital, sry ;-)
Is the only way that the capitol become a imperial province to be the emperor?

You have to take the decision to make your province an imperial province. Get a border with a current imperial province, then just take the decisions all the way back until you can get your capital in the empire.

By Landlocked, I meant not having a connection back to your capital. The province will get a huge negative modifier to production (perhaps taxes too). For instance, I'm Portugal and one of the provinces in the middle of Asia is mine - but in Europe some countries are separated into two sections, in this case the section not connected to the Capitol does not get the negative modifier. Is this because of the HRE or this because of the Region?

If it's within your trade distance, you won't get that bad modifier. Trade distance or some such thing like that. But it has nothing to do with being Europe. Just has to do with distance.

@Yxklyx
If you klick onto a province. There're two crowns next to the province name. One of them is the button to set a national focus and the other one is for the capital transfer. You have to pay 1000 and you'll lose stability for the capital transfer.

When I'll get the decision? As a member I have to make a province dicision to ask the emperor to join. But how is it possible as a nonmember?

Um...whats the best way to be out teched? I can fully westernize w/ my current monarch but my current western Neighbor isn't 20 techs ahead of me(only about 14).

Just mint like crazy?

Can't say I've ever run into this predicament before.

Um...whats the best way to be out teched? I can fully westernize w/ my current monarch but my current western Neighbor isn't 20 techs ahead of me(only about 14).

Just mint like crazy?

Mint, change NI and invest in stab, tech only a single tech tree, so that you'll be comparatively worse off overall.

Yeah the 'safest' option would just to put 100% of your investment into one tech path. This would be slightly slower than the other two options of burning stab or minting, but doesn't have their downsides. Of course if a negative event did come along you could safely take the - stab option. Just start looking at the skies!

Of course you could just get a better neighbour :).

When I'll get the decision? As a member I have to make a province dicision to ask the emperor to join. But how is it possible as a nonmember?

Only provinces that border a current HRE province can join the empire. Get good relations with the emperor, be smaller than the emperor (if you have HTTT or DW), and just take the decision and see if he lets you in.

Just mint like crazy?

I have to say this new rule is silly - if you have to try to be backwards to get a benefit. Another reason why I'm quite happy to play an older verion of the game.

Mint, change NI and invest in stab, tech only a single tech tree, so that you'll be comparatively worse off overall.

Yeah the 'safest' option would just to put 100% of your investment into one tech path. This would be slightly slower than the other two options of burning stab or minting, but doesn't have their downsides. Of course if a negative event did come along you could safely take the - stab option. Just start looking at the skies!

Of course you could just get a better neighbour :).

What I thought. New neighbor isn't really and option as the only ones sufficiently ahead of myself are OPMs in the HRE and/or France/Austrias Sphere. So I'd be picking a fight we at least one, if not two or three of the 3 biggest blobs currently. I've only recently be able to achieve local superiority of numbers let alone strategic.

King died anyways, leaving me w/ a 3 Adim. I had a 8 Admin heir after him but he shot himself in the foot hunting. I'm tossing around the Idea of never westernizing as a further roadblock to myself dominating.

How do you see your global overseas tariffs? Or something like that.
In the ledger there is a break down of your income. Alternatively look in the economic overview window and multiply the monthly tariff income by 12.

Is there a away to avoid sea attrition? I've seen my fleets reduced to nothing from it :[
Regularly return your ships to port (get military access if they are far from home), avoid open sea, and give them a leader with a good manoeuvre score.

How to you mod the naval maintnance down to 1.5 from the unfair 3?
In "EUIII/common" you will find a file called defines.txt - search for "0.3 #_EDEF_NAVAL_MAINTENANCE_FACTOR_" and replace the 0.3 with 0.15