• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just downloaded DW and Im wondering if certian Japanese factions have advantages over the others??

Also in my last game as Austria HTTT I want to be the HRE Emperor and I know vassels will vote for you, but besides high opinion do you also need high prestige to be voted in by the other countries??

Also I wanted to buy a general but the button is faded out even though I have the money to hire one

I just downloaded DW and Im wondering if certian Japanese factions have advantages over the others??

Also in my last game as Austria HTTT I want to be the HRE Emperor and I know vassels will vote for you, but besides high opinion do you also need high prestige to be voted in by the other countries??

Also I wanted to buy a general but the button is faded out even though I have the money to hire one

1) no advantage, almost a disadvantage, but japan is like a mini euorpe/hre.

2) high prestige is not necessary, but just low infamy, and a lot of power plus relations

3) you proably ran out of diplomats

2) high prestige is not necessary, but just low infamy, and a lot of power plus relations

I'd add correct religion. Electors are much less likely to vote for you if they're Prot and you're Cath(or other combination).

I feel a bit stupid asking this - but what does WAD mean?

Working As Designed. Doesn't mean that it's balanced, correct or as intended, but it is working in the way it's made. So it's not a bug/glitch. :)

In the HRE screen you can mouse-over the electors to show your 'score' with them for votes & the score for who they're currently voting for. This will show you the breakdown of the points as well, and why if for any reason they absolutely wont vote for you. Quite a handy little window for trying to get voted in.

National Focus

Despite the stated (tooltip) effects I vaguely recall that there are added advantages to having a National Focus in a province, especially one that gives an increased chance on getting a core on your neighbour. This event I guess
Code:
province_event = {
	id = 9471

title = "EVTNAME9471"
	desc = "EVTDESC9471"

trigger = {
		OR = {
			NOT = { owner = { tag = JAP } }
			AND = {
				owner = { tag = JAP }
				NOT = { num_of_daimyos = 1 }
			}
		}
		national_focus = THIS
		is_capital = no
		any_neighbor_province = {
			NOT = {	
				owned_by = THIS
			}
			owner = {
				NOT = { casus_belli = THIS }
			}
			OR = {
				owner = { hre = no }
				THIS = { owner = { hre = no } }
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 120
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA9471"
		random_neighbor_province = {
			limit = {
				NOT = { 
					owned_by = THIS
				}
				owner = {
					NOT = { casus_belli = THIS }
				}
				OR = {
					owner = { hre = no }
					THIS = { owner = { hre = no } }
				}
			}
			owner = {
				casus_belli = {
					target = THIS
					type = cb_border_war
					months = 12
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
I don't understand what is exactly means. Can someone clarify?

Any other effects of NF? Provincial decisions? Other events more/less likely?

One of the requirements of the Mandate of Heaven DW modifier is "having no factions". What does this mean? What kind of factions?

The tooltip is incorrect, it should say "has factions" which means you must have factions to keep the modifier.

Despite the stated (tooltip) effects I vaguely recall that there are added advantages to having a National Focus in a province, especially one that gives an increased chance on getting a core on your neighbour. This event I guess

I don't understand what is exactly means. Can someone clarify?

Any other effects of NF? Provincial decisions? Other events more/less likely?

It means that if you have your NF in a border province then your neighbour may get the border war CB on you unless a)you are not both in the HRE, b)ifyou are a non unified Japan, c)if they already have a CB on you.

Hi I am playing Divine Wind and am new to the game. Thanks to everyone for this helpful thread.

I have many questions but for now will just focus on temples and stability:

In the tooltips it says to build temples in those high tax provinces away from borders. Why? If each temple takes 4 off the total stability cost it shouldn't matter where you build them right? Or is there some way that province tax level interacts with the stability cost? For example, if some very low tax provinces only increase stability costs by less than 4 perhaps it isn't worth building a temple there? Otherwise, in my game as the Ottomans where I am finding increasing stability to be very hard the bigger I get, it makes sense to spam temples everywhere to lower stability costs a bit, right? What am I missing? Oh, and yes, I have also been working on converting every non-muslim province I own to my religion because I've noticed that makes a big difference with stability costs.

Trying to understand the code:
Code:
generic_annex_vassal_mission = {

type = neighbor_provinces

allow = {
		this = { war = no }
		owner = {
			is_subject = yes
			vassal_of = THIS
			not = { num_of_cities = this }
			religion_group = this
		}
		not = { is_core = THIS }
	}
	abort = {
		owner = {
			or = {
				not = { religion_group = this }
				not = { num_of_cities = 1 }
				not = { vassal_of = this }
			}
		}
	}
	success = {
		owned_by = this
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
		this = { DIP = 6 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			this = { DIP = 8 }
		}
	}
	effect = {
		add_core = this
	}
}

Does this mean the mission can only fire on OPM-vassals? Larger vassals are exempt?

It means it can only fire for smaller vassals of the same religion as their master.