• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Become a two province minor or vassalize other nations, probably the latter.

I did vassalize Achaea in the Athens game that may be found in the "pyo DW empire" thread, but they didn't generate any income to me even though before realising them i had built a saw-mill or whatever in their province.

nice post count :p

Is the any reason in particular I can't release new world vassals?

Playing as Lorraine, Enlightened Despotism gov, and currently the HRE.

Edit:Answered in another thread. Didn't have the correct culture to release them.

Last edited:
Is it considered cheating if AI is to retarded and i give them authority to make HRE?

The only one who cares if you cheat or not is you. In other words: you decide.

When trying to establish a monopoly in a foreign CoT is it best to continually send merchants until all the slots are empty?

Also does the Autosend continue to send merchants to Monopolied COT untill all the slots are empty or does it stop at level 6?

thanks!

When trying to establish a monopoly in a foreign CoT is it best to continually send merchants until all the slots are empty?

Also does the Autosend continue to send merchants to Monopolied COT untill all the slots are empty or does it stop at level 6?

thanks!

No it is not best to do that unless the CoT is cheap to send to, VERY wealthy and you have a compete chance of ~80% against your closest rivals. Basically - do the math.

If you do not have DW then yes it will stop at 6. In DW the green setting will, IIRC send merchants until the CoT is empty.

The AI have a few colonies near me, they are at about 7 population and should die off. However every start of the month they drop down to 7 men and then pop back up to 10. What's happening here? They say that they should be losing 25 to 50 population a year so it's not colonial maintance saving them! ?

The AI have a few colonies near me, they are at about 7 population and should die off. However every start of the month they drop down to 7 men and then pop back up to 10. What's happening here? They say that they should be losing 25 to 50 population a year so it's not colonial maintance saving them! ?

Colonies do not die from simply dying off. The must be destroyed by natives or burned by an enemy in order to disappear. This goes for the player and the AI.

About enforce religion, emperor's act.
I'm emperor and I can try to enforce religion to every empire state that's not catholic.
All but Austria, even though it'is reformed. Why's that? Is it too powerful or something?
Thx

About enforce religion, emperor's act.
I'm emperor and I can try to enforce religion to every empire state that's not catholic.
All but Austria, even though it'is reformed. Why's that? Is it too powerful or something?
Thx

I think it requiers imperial authority. Maybe you don't have enough to convert such a big country as Austria (i'm guessing Austria is big)?

How can I wage war and annex without creating infamy?

Conquest or Reconquest CB.

I'm sure it's really simple, but how do I play in windowed mode rather than full screen? I can't find the option, it doesn't seem to be under options anyway!

Open your game's program folder. Open "settings.txt". On line 9 or so, it says "fullscreen=yes". Change that "yes" to "no" for windowed mode.

In EU3 Complete. Can you get cores without the game telling you? I'm playing Persia and all of a sudden in the mid game I notice I have cores on both Astrakhan and a separate province which has my culture. I didn't have these cores at the start and I never "Pressed" a border issue with Russia.

In EU3 Complete. Can you get cores without the game telling you? I'm playing Persia and all of a sudden in the mid game I notice I have cores on both Astrakhan and a separate province which has my culture. I didn't have these cores at the start and I never "Pressed" a border issue with Russia.

You had to form Persia, right? You get certain cores when you form nations on lands you may or may not own.