• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question, I am Milan, and i want Firenze which is owned by Tuscany. However they are are a vassel of Austria, but Austria are in a personal union with me which i lead. If i attack Tuscany, will i have to also face Austria or will they join on my side?

Question, I am Milan, and i want Firenze which is owned by Tuscany. However they are are a vassel of Austria, but Austria are in a personal union with me which i lead. If i attack Tuscany, will i have to also face Austria or will they join on my side?

They would join the defenders in the war. You wouldn't lose the PU, but you would be fighting them.

I was reading through the "Why to play as any Nation" thread and came across;

Kingdom of Jerusalem - A Catholic OPM surrounded by powerful (and angry) Muslims, the Kingdom of Jerusalem really is Heaven on Earth. It brings its own rewards for being such a complicated nation to form and to play as.

I couldn't find anything about this elsewhere, could someone enlighten me?

Also under the Papal State it mentions forming the "Kingdom of God." Could someone shed some light on that?

What do you want to know?

Also under the Papal State it mentions forming the "Kingdom of God." Could someone shed some light on that?

Be the Pope, own most of Italy and parts of Croatia, then you get to use that decision. It gets rid of the College of Cardinals, meaning you always control all Papal diplomatic options, and it also gives you several cores, I believe.

Why does my superior morale, vastly superior numbers, vastly superior quality navy lose sea battles to tiny fleets?
By vastly superior, I mean EG 6-10 times the unit count with better ships and double the morale.

Here's how the game behaves: You enter a sea battle vs a completely outclassed opponent. After a single bad die roll and a couple seconds, ALL your morale is gone and so is theirs. So then you sit there guessing for maybe half a minute what's exactly is going on, then you lose. ><

Why does my superior morale, vastly superior numbers, vastly superior quality navy lose sea battles to tiny fleets?
By vastly superior, I mean EG 6-10 times the unit count with better ships and double the morale.

Here's how the game behaves: You enter a sea battle vs a completely outclassed opponent. After a single bad die roll and a couple seconds, ALL your morale is gone and so is theirs. So then you sit there guessing for maybe half a minute what's exactly is going on, then you lose. ><

Assuming you're using the latest beta, you have to keep your fleets small. If you have too big of a fleet, it can't manuever and it just gets slaughtered.

Other than that... are you turning your naval maintenance slider up?

Yes my sliders are up. Get slaughtered is kind a lose description and I'm not sure it explains why all my fleet morale (at various sizes) seem to evaporate at irregular intervals at the very start of combat. In other words, there really is no combat at all. There is just the vanishing of morale, a pause and a consequent loss.

I don't know what the latest beta is. I am playing off Steam and I assume it upgrades the version automatically. However, upon trying to see what the beta is on this site, I get an access denied message even though I registered the game with keys for two expansions.

Yes my sliders are up. Get slaughtered is kind a lose description and I'm not sure it explains why all my fleet morale (at various sizes) seem to evaporate at irregular intervals at the very start of combat. In other words, there really is no combat at all. There is just the vanishing of morale, a pause and a consequent loss.

I don't know what the latest beta is. I am playing off Steam and I assume it upgrades the version automatically. However, upon trying to see what the beta is on this site, I get an access denied message even though I registered the game with keys for two expansions.

Steam does not update to beta versions. To get access to them, register your original game.

I was reading through the "Why to play as any Nation" thread and came across;

"Kingdom of Jerusalem - A Catholic OPM surrounded by powerful (and angry) Muslims, the Kingdom of Jerusalem really is Heaven on Earth. It brings its own rewards for being such a complicated nation to form and to play as."

What do you want to know?

How does one go about forming it? Or how does it get released? I don't see any other cores but the Mamluks on Judea.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem is decision for Catholic states that control Judea, allowing them to reform the kingdom as their vassal. I guess the best bet is to start as France and beat on Mamaluks

You use steam, so you don't have any of the patches. Naval combat is bugged in 5.0. All naval morale is lossed very early in the battle. Generally, the bigger navy will always win. I've never heard of the behavior your describe where the smaller navy wins.

How does one go about forming it? Or how does it get released? I don't see any other cores but the Mamluks on Judea.

Take Judea, convert it to Catholicism before the Reformation starts, then you can release the KoJ.