• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What does building a trade depo do? Does it add a ducat to monthly trade income?

If your Production Efficiency and Trade Efficiency are both at 100% then you get 1 ducat per YEAR directly and a fraction of that (1/20th per merchant) via the CoT it's trading through, also per YEAR.

I'm Burgundy and I'm emperor. I attack Ulm to enforce religious unity and the religious wars begin.
Pretty much all the protestant HRE minor side with Ulm. Austria, the defender of the protestant faith is in, too.
I don't know why, but Hesse is the alliance leader.
The day after, Norway intervene, honouring its alliance with Austria (not alliance leader, as I said). Is this possible or it's a bug?

Even If this is a bug, it is'nt :)
I mean, I started the game with the first beta and now I'm playing with the last, just curious if there is a legal reason I don't know about.
Thx.

I dont know if things changed in dv but in httt you could not move your capital to or from the HRE. If you have good relations with the current Emperor and a border with a country that is already in the empire you can make the bordering province join the HRE via provincial decision. Keep doing that until you get to your capital and you will be in the HRE. Keep in mind that the Emperor can refuse to let a province join the HRE and he will never let you join if you have more provinces than him.

Ive got a question of my own. What are all the ways to increase the rate my papal influence grows? Im fully narrow minded and have perfect relations with the papal state already. Im also aware of the 5% boost you can get from church attendance duty and other national ideas but i dont want to take them right now. I thought taking Jerusalem would give me a boost but it doesnt. Does anyone know of a way that i havent listed?

thanks for your answer :). I think you covered all possibilities. I think that Theocracies and Monastic orders may have increased influence, but I'm not too sure about that.

What is the formula about Overseas Tariffs in Divine Wind?

What is the formula about Overseas Tariffs in Divine Wind?

The formula about Overseas tariffs in In Nomine v 3.2 is

(Production Income + base tax + workshops)*0.75*(100%+Modifiers)*Sea-Lane Efficiency

For example,UK,July 14, 1789,the last scenario.

Surat is a UK's overseas province with population 37,221 people and a base tax 7 that produces Cotton.

UK has 116% production efficiency. The global price of Cotton is 24.9 and UK is leading trader of Cotton.

Surat has Market,Trade depot , Dock and a Textile.

First,the "Population Units" of Surat:0.99+37221/100000+7/20 = 1.36221+0.35 = 1.71221 . But overseas "Population Units" is always 1.

Then,the "Trade Value" of Surat:

24.9#price * 1#Population Units * (100+ 10#Market + 5#leading trader )%+ 1#Trade depot = 24.9*115%+1 = 29.635

The "Trade Value" of Surat in game displayed as 30.0 .

Then,the "Production Income" of Surat:

29.635#Trade Value * (100 + 10#Dock)% * 116%#Production Efficiency = 29.635*110%*116% = 37.81426

Then,the Base "Overseas Tariffs" of Surat:

37.81426#Production Income + 7#base tax + 1#workshops = 37.81426+7+1 = 45.81426

Then,apply modifiers,the "Overseas Tariffs" of Surat:

45.81426 * 0.75 * 100%#Sea-Lane Efficiency + 6#Textile = 34.360695 +6 =40.360695

But,the real "Overseas Tariffs" of Surat in game is 23.30 .

Where is wrong these steps?

How to calculate Overseas tariffs as accurately as possible in Divine Wind?

And a question about the formula of "Trade Value":

price * Population Units * (100+ 10#Market + 5#leading trader )%+ 1#Trade depot

(price * Population Units + 1#Trade depot)* (100+ 10#Market + 5#leading trader )%

Which one is right?

cxinjie, you have already posted this question in a thread of its own. Seeing as it's a quite complex question, this was correct, but please don't double-post this here. It's a thread for quick questions and answers, thank you! :)

@cxinjie: work on the formats of your posts. They are difficult to read.

Where is wrong these steps? How to calculate Overseas tariffs as accurately as possible in Divine Wind?

Please tell me when you have found out.

And a question about the formula of "Trade Value":

(price * Population Units + 1 (Trade depot))* (100+ 10#Market + 5#leading trader )%

is right

edit: x-post

cxinjie, you have already posted this question in a thread of its own. Seeing as it's a quite complex question, this was correct, but please don't double-post this here. It's a thread for quick questions and answers, thank you! :)

Oh,I'm sorry...

And I know the formula of Overseas tariffs in Divine Wind now:

(Production Income + base tax + Workshop + Tax bonus of CoT + Tax bonus of CoT LV + Tax bonus of National Focus) * 0.5 * modifiers

First off, if this has already been asked, sorry, but the search didn't yeld any conclusive resoults ...

I'm new to the game, read a few guides and such, but I'm having a problem locating the "perfect" infantry/cavalry ratio ... naggy mention's it in his "100 year war tutorial", but I can't see a screeny of it, and that's prolly my main problem ... if it can't be seen in game, maybe there's a site for all the cultures or something?

to help, here's the link to the tutorial thread I'm reffering to, it's at the bottom (last 3 paragrafs) of the second (Chapter #1) post ...
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...dred-Years-War-an-England-Combat-Tutorial-AAR

Cheers.

First off, if this has already been asked, sorry, but the search didn't yeld any conclusive resoults ...

I'm new to the game, read a few guides and such, but I'm having a problem locating the "perfect" infantry/cavalry ratio ... naggy mention's it in his "100 year war tutorial", but I can't see a screeny of it, and that's prolly my main problem ... if it can't be seen in game, maybe there's a site for all the cultures or something?

to help, here's the link to the tutorial thread I'm reffering to, it's at the bottom (last 3 paragrafs) of the second (Chapter #1) post ...
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...dred-Years-War-an-England-Combat-Tutorial-AAR

Cheers.

For a western country, the ratio is less than 50% cav to inf. I would recommend 4 cav, 6-8 inf in the early game (~1600). Beginning with 1650, you can phase out cav for art: by 1650 I like to have 2 cav, 6-10 inf and 6-10 art. The later you get, the more art you should have (up to 50% of the army).

Thanks for the quick answer safferli. Although, that still leaves the question open for the other groups ...

Personally, I'm most interested in the Chinese culture, as I'm going to start a MP game with a friend, and I'm thinking going non-europe, Japan most probably :)

Thanks for the quick answer safferli. Although, that still leaves the question open for the other groups ...

Personally, I'm most interested in the Chinese culture, as I'm going to start a MP game with a friend, and I'm thinking going non-europe, Japan most probably :)

You'd need 50% to get the bonus modifier.

groups = {
nomad_group = {
modifier = 0.1
start_level = 3
cav_to_inf_ratio = 1.0
slow_limit = 6
}
western = {
modifier = 1.0
start_level = 3
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
}
eastern = {
modifier = 0.85
start_level = 3
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.6
slow_limit = 6
}
ottoman = {
modifier = 0.80
start_level = 5
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
}
muslim = {
modifier = 0.75
start_level = 5
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.8
}
indian = {
modifier = 0.5
start_level = 3
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
slow_limit = 7
}
chinese = {
modifier = 0.4
start_level = 3
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
slow_limit = 7
}
sub_saharan = {
modifier = 0.2
start_level = 1
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
slow_limit = 4
}
new_world = {
modifier = 0.1
start_level = 0
cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.5
slow_limit = 3
}
}

Orangeyoshi already posted all of the ratios. But in DW your cavalry will turn red in the army view if you don't have the correct ratio, and a tooltip will tell you the ratio I think.

Damn, I forgot to mention I have HTTT 4.1b for now ... must've got caught up in the link searching and totally forgot bout that <<

by the way, anyone got an idea/mod, that would let me see the ledger in MP? (I personally don't mind waiting for spies and infiltrating admin, but at full free trade that's kinda hard to do :S)

And thank you both for your help :)

Damn, I forgot to mention I have HTTT 4.1b for now ... must've got caught up in the link searching and totally forgot bout that <<

by the way, anyone got an idea/mod, that would let me see the ledger in MP? (I personally don't mind waiting for spies and infiltrating admin, but at full free trade that's kinda hard to do :S)

And thank you both for your help :)

You would have to hack the .exe, which would be illegal and make the game uncompatible for MP.

At least I'm pretty sure that's hardcoded.

Orangeyoshi already posted all of the ratios. But in DW your cavalry will turn red in the army view if you don't have the correct ratio, and a tooltip will tell you the ratio I think.

It seems to turn red when you are directly on the ratio sometimes. Personally I always try and stay a bit below the ratio for that reason, and more importantly because of losses. Your cav takes slightly disproportionate losses sometimes, especially if you are outnumbered. As a result I roll with 4/6 armies as latin tech. You would want the same as chinese.

Question: When I mouse over tariffs, I notice a statistic like "91 ships defending the sea lanes of 241 provinces, giving an overall efficiency of 38%". So I think "Oh well, I'll just send a few more ships over to America and increase that!"

The problem? It didn't work! I sent over 10 ships (and waited a few months, just in case), but it still says 91 ships. Am I missing something here?

Question: When I mouse over tariffs, I notice a statistic like "91 ships defending the sea lanes of 241 provinces, giving an overall efficiency of 38%". So I think "Oh well, I'll just send a few more ships over to America and increase that!"

The problem? It didn't work! I sent over 10 ships (and waited a few months, just in case), but it still says 91 ships. Am I missing something here?

It doesn't matter where the ships are. You need a total of 241 small and big ships. (Not galley's or transports)