• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I move my capital to a HRE province, will I automatically join it?

I dont know if things changed in dv but in httt you could not move your capital to or from the HRE. If you have good relations with the current Emperor and a border with a country that is already in the empire you can make the bordering province join the HRE via provincial decision. Keep doing that until you get to your capital and you will be in the HRE. Keep in mind that the Emperor can refuse to let a province join the HRE and he will never let you join if you have more provinces than him.

Ive got a question of my own. What are all the ways to increase the rate my papal influence grows? Im fully narrow minded and have perfect relations with the papal state already. Im also aware of the 5% boost you can get from church attendance duty and other national ideas but i dont want to take them right now. I thought taking Jerusalem would give me a boost but it doesnt. Does anyone know of a way that i havent listed?

Last edited:
I'm currently in a war with France and The Palatinate. I conquered 2 colonies of France, and except a few battles here and there that's all that has been done in this war. We don't share any borders in Europe so they can't attack me there. Neither do they have a decent navy so freeing those 2 colonies is not an option for them. I have no armies outside my borders and none of my armies are bigger than the supply limit allows in every province. Yet I am losing 0.07 WE due to attrition each month. I'm utterly flabbergasted and can't find the cause for this attrition.

Can I somewhere find an explanation as to what's causing this?

Yet I am losing 0.07 WE due to attrition each month. I'm utterly flabbergasted and can't find the cause for this attrition.
First, I'd double-check that you haven't forgotten an army or fleet somewhere. Also, I know pillaging a province and winter weather increase attrition; I'm not sure if they also reduce the supply capacity.

Failing that, the only thing I can suggest is rounding. If you have 7,000 troops in a province with a supply cap of 6.8, the display will show that as a cap of 7, but you'll still be getting a small amount of attrition.

Sorry, stupid question, but how do my ships contribute to war attrition?

Blockading increases WE, as if the province were actually occupied by foreigners.

Blockading increases WE, as if the province were actually occupied by foreigners.

Oh yeah. But nobody is blockading me, and germanos spoke about my ships. Who are all in my own ports or home waters for that matter.

Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the bloody pirates infesting my Oceanic seas. :wacko:

Last edited:
Ive got a question of my own. What are all the ways to increase the rate my papal influence grows? Im fully narrow minded and have perfect relations with the papal state already. Im also aware of the 5% boost you can get from church attendance duty and other national ideas but i dont want to take them right now. I thought taking Jerusalem would give me a boost but it doesnt. Does anyone know of a way that i havent listed?

[I think the other main factor is number of catholic provinces. Favoring the larger nations.]

is there any event that will turn your land catholic and if so what ID.alsohow can i convert to catholicism as crimea?also what causes the wealthy neighbors event?i keep getting it and so many cores on all my neighbours is slightly overpowered

is there any event that will turn your land catholic and if so what ID.alsohow can i convert to catholicism as crimea?also what causes the wealthy neighbors event?i keep getting it and so many cores on all my neighbours is slightly overpowered

I don't think I've ever seen a province turn Catholic by event.

To convert I believe you have to lose a war and be force religioned to Cathlosism. But how do you get the AI to ask for this???

I don't remember a wealthy neighors event, wha version are you playing?

Forgive me, I assumed you are Orthodox or muslim. If your Protestant or Reformed it should be a religious decision.

yes iam Sunni and iam playing DW i also can't seem to find this event on the event list >:|

what i do know is it says A wealthy neighbor at the top of the window and the only option is "It Is Ripe For The Taking" which gives me a core so far on only bordering provinces

Haven't played a lot outside of Europe much, need some suggestions for help with stability cost.
Formed Hindustan, took most of the cores on the subcontinent, year is now 1550 or so. I took the first Westernization choice and WOW, it took 5 years to gain each stab point. I have temples in all of my provinces, so it's not that. How could I speed things up?
Church Attendance duty is one option, but that would cost 3 stab to take.
Trading more is one option right?
I have a six star Artist but that doesn't help much.
Do certain buildings aside from temple help?
Would spinning off vassals right and left (since they're all cored anyways) help? Seems cheap though...
Does converting provinces to right religion help? I would think so, but that would mean an expedition to Mecca/Rome/Jerusalem.
What I'm doing in the meantime is I've hired three six star advisors and am hoping to get an event that gives stab boosts before taking another decision. Lonnnnnng wait.

Right now, I'm looking at another 4 stab points to further Westernize, 6 (or is it 5?) to Westernize army, 4 to swap to feudal monarchy or noble republic.

I did the whole Westernization thing once with the Byz, but that was a LOT faster. Usually, late game with a sprawling empire, one stab point will take 8-12 months with an European country. What gives?

I don't think I've ever seen a province turn Catholic by event.

To convert I believe you have to lose a war and be force religioned to Cathlosism. But how do you get the AI to ask for this???

I don't remember a wealthy neighors event, wha version are you playing?

I think you can offer the religious conversion of yourself as a peace offer now.