• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"1 Muslim Cavalry Archers 1 0 2 0 2 1
2 Charge Cavalry 0 0 3 1 2 0"
The last number is defensive morale. Muslim Cavalry Archers have 1 and Charge Cavalry have 0. I'm guessing this is why they died faster.
Losing morale would make them drop out of the combat, not suffer losses. Charge cavalry actually have a higher shock defence than the cavalry archers, so should normally suffer fewer losses.

One screenshot doesn't prove very much. Maybe in that particular battle, the charge cavalry was flanked by an enemy cavalry regiment and so fighting two to one odds? Or the cavalry archers were matched up against an understrength infantry regiment, and the charge cavalry a full-strenth cavalry unit. W'd need to see the results of a dozen more more similar battles to start making judgements on effectiveness.

How can I get two nations to break their alliance?

You can't directly. You can try to embroil one of the countries in a war the other country will not join, but for all practical purposes, you'll need to wait until the alliance self-destructs.

Er, I can't seem to find how you set up the new auto-hunt rebels feature..

I need advice on how to do early game as Attunhya(sp?)
I've tried a couple of times but I usually end up in a regional stalemate with networks of alliances clogging up warfare.
If anybody has tried them before and can help me out I would appreciate it.

I need advice on how to do early game as Attunhya(sp?)
I've tried a couple of times but I usually end up in a regional stalemate with networks of alliances clogging up warfare.
If anybody has tried them before and can help me out I would appreciate it.

Haha, it's Ayutthaya (as in Thailand).

Afraid I can't help much with tactics beyond praying that Ming stays away from SE Asia, though.

How to annex only capital (or with only a few surrounding provinces) which have port and connection to other ports? Can be in 2 steps (preferred one). Country is big and I do not need other provinces of it at the moment (very poor... ). I remember that there was a tread about it long time ago, but now I cannot find it... Maybe blockade can help?

How to annex only capital (or with only a few surrounding provinces) which have port and connection to other ports? Can be in 2 steps (preferred one). Country is big and I do not need other provinces of it at the moment (very poor... ). I remember that there was a tread about it long time ago, but now I cannot find it... Maybe blockade can help?

You have to cut it off from every other province. So if the capital is a port, you need to take every other coastal province.

However the AI would sometimes move capitals when you threaten it too much; i.e., take every surrounding province.

Er, I can't seem to find how you set up the new auto-hunt rebels feature..

There is a button in the army view (with the detach siege/burn colony buttons).

Are the Incans unplayable in EU3 Complete. I'm seeing 240K required for tech level 1 in everything - so I won't get Trade Tech 1 until after y2100. Am I missing something here?