• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Help, I cant play the game! I have EU3 Complete.

When I go into single player and try to choose a campaign like the Grand Campaign the date is set to 1 AD. If I press play the game starts in pause mode, and when I press play the game is instantly over and i have to exit the campaign. I try to adjust the settings to start on the year and date the campaign is suppose to start on, but nothing happens when i press the diffrent buttons that I believe are to switch years and dates.

I bought the game today and im really stuck here. I cant play now, has this happened to anyone before? How do I do to start playing? Please help.

Quick question: Is the value of gold moddable? I.e., can I mod the amount of money one unit of gold contributes to a province's production income? I know I could do things like changing the population etc to increase the number of units produced (at least between 1.0 and 2.0), but that seems like the wrong way to go about it when I want to make places like Mexico and Peru more attractive for their gold income.

Two small questions:

1) I'm playing as HRE (the country) in 5.0. Am I noticing correctly that I can't switch to republic forms of government, despite having the required tech level? The options show up in the list, but they're greyed out.

2) I recall reading somewhere that HRE (the country) can't be target of the Revolution (the Napoleonic one), but looking at the event files, I see no indication of this. Do I just remember wrong?

When I go into single player and try to choose a campaign like the Grand Campaign the date is set to 1 AD. If I press play the game starts in pause mode, and when I press play the game is instantly over and i have to exit the campaign. I try to adjust the settings to start on the year and date the campaign is suppose to start on, but nothing happens when i press the diffrent buttons that I believe are to switch years and dates.

I bought the game today and im really stuck here. I cant play now, has this happened to anyone before? How do I do to start playing? Please help.

Make a thread in the tech support forum. I never heard or seen something like that.

1) I'm playing as HRE (the country) in 5.0. Am I noticing correctly that I can't switch to republic forms of government, despite having the required tech level? The options show up in the list, but they're greyed out.

Two things might be happening. One you lack the prerequisite government to change to Republican. Only certain governments can change to others. Depending on what you're government is I believe you'd have to change to Noble Republic and then one of the other Republican governments. Two, you're not in positive stability.

2) I recall reading somewhere that HRE (the country) can't be target of the Revolution (the Napoleonic one), but looking at the event files, I see no indication of this. Do I just remember wrong?

You indeed remember wrong. In my last game Austria, who, as well as being in the HRE, was the Holy Roman Emperor, got the Revolution events.

Last edited:

You should take this to the tech support forum :)

Quick question: Is the value of gold moddable? I.e., can I mod the amount of money one unit of gold contributes to a province's production income? I know I could do things like changing the population etc to increase the number of units produced (at least between 1.0 and 2.0), but that seems like the wrong way to go about it when I want to make places like Mexico and Peru more attractive for their gold income.

I don't think so.

Two small questions:

1. Are you currently in a regency?

2. I believe it is subject to revolutions too.

LordLeto:

1) I can change to monarchies freely, so stability can't be the issue. I tried changing to Despotic Monarchy and Noble Republic is still greyed out.

2) You misunderstand, I'm playing as Holy Roman Empire, the country, the big grey blob formed by the series of Imperial reforms.

Keinwyn:

1) No I am not. I can change to monarchies just fine, only republics cause trouble. Can't change to dictatorships either though.

Two quick questions:

Is there a best way to kill a king? He has to be a unit leader, I know, but how can I raise my chances to have him dead? Sieging? Fighting in a big or small army? Fighting against a big or small army? Letting his army lose for moral? Getting it destroyed? Running around enemy provinces? Leaving him in country or friendly territory? Low stability? Or there´s no way when you got a heir you need?

Also, I read recently a post (maybe in this thread) about optimizing army composition. I was pretty didactic and extensive, almost a treatise. Can someone direct me to this? I can´t find it.

Thanks!

Two quick questions:

Is there a best way to kill a king? He has to be a unit leader, I know, but how can I raise my chances to have him dead? Sieging? Fighting in a big or small army? Fighting against a big or small army? Letting his army lose for moral? Getting it destroyed? Running around enemy provinces? Leaving him in country or friendly territory? Low stability? Or there´s no way when you got a heir you need?

Also, I read recently a post (maybe in this thread) about optimizing army composition. I was pretty didactic and extensive, almost a treatise. Can someone direct me to this? I can´t find it.

Thanks!

sieging helps, about the only thing that does. But not much. Otherwise just leave him in command of an army.

I've not tried this so I don't know if it would work, but it might be worth a shot: load the army unit led by your king onto a transport ship, then send the transport ship to sit in the middle of the North Atlantic until it sinks.

Let us know if it works. :)

I tried two times as you said and I have to say that my king really knows how to swim!

Did they change the way the dominant culture is calculated? It used to be number of provinces. Seems different now. Anyone know?

I think it may be a culture that provides 5% of your tax? Cored provinces only count to the % calculated I think as well. I may be wrong on the % though but im sure thats the jist of it!

I've not tried this so I don't know if it would work, but it might be worth a shot: load the army unit led by your king onto a transport ship, then send the transport ship to sit in the middle of the North Atlantic until it sinks.

Nope! Monarchs seem to be able to withstand arctic temperatures & 1000 mile swims without a scratch! Im sure this is designed to prevent gamey regicide tactics though.

LordLeto:

1) I can change to monarchies freely, so stability can't be the issue. I tried changing to Despotic Monarchy and Noble Republic is still greyed out.

I refer you to this flow chart: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/eu3wiki_images/b/b3/GovernementsHTTT41b.png

Its for HttT but it might shed some light. Perhaps you're not at -1 Cent to get Noble Rep?

2) You misunderstand, I'm playing as Holy Roman Empire, the country, the big grey blob formed by the series of Imperial reforms.

In that case I don't know.

Its for HttT but it might shed some light. Perhaps you're not at -1 Cent to get Noble Rep?

You can change gov types no matter what your sliders are.

What is the point of the trade income modifier? Are the trade buildings only useful in provinces with a CoT or have I misunderstood something?

It increases that province's value added to the CoT it trades in. If you have merchants in that CoT, you'll benefit from it.