• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am I right in thinking that the your allies don't judge my effectviness. So I could accept a call to arms but do absolutely nothing to help in the war and they wouldn't care? So all that matters is that I say yes and not that I actively help?

going to serfdom and narrowminded sliders. tacking church attendance duty, divine supremacy or/and unam sanctam ideas. becoming defender of the faith. It will also become less likely with time.

Actually. none of these helped even into the 1730s. This wasn't a reformation type spread as I was getting Catholic as well. I was getting like 2-3 conversions a year but I was a big country with many provinces (Russia). As soon as I replaced Humanist Tolerance with another NI, all these religious spreads stopped - completeley.

Am I right in thinking that the your allies don't judge my effectviness. So I could accept a call to arms but do absolutely nothing to help in the war and they wouldn't care? So all that matters is that I say yes and not that I actively help?
Correct.

How can I find what provinces a country has? (In game or out of game, doesn't matter)

EDIT: Just realized I can save and load as said nation. Still curious as to whether I can do this without having to reload. Also, how can I tell in a save file which provinces a nation owns, and which they have cores on.

Last edited:
Actually. none of these helped even into the 1730s. This wasn't a reformation type spread as I was getting Catholic as well. I was getting like 2-3 conversions a year but I was a big country with many provinces (Russia). As soon as I replaced Humanist Tolerance with another NI, all these religious spreads stopped - completeley.

If you give the name of the event I can look it up, I had a brief look for it but couldn't find it.

How can I find what provinces a country has? (In game or out of game, doesn't matter)

EDIT: Just realized I can save and load as said nation. Still curious as to whether I can do this without having to reload. Also, how can I tell in a save file which provinces a nation owns, and which they have cores on.

Open the ingame console and type tag XXX (replace XXX with the nations name e.g. BYZ for byzantium).
In the save game just use ctrl + f to find the province name. It should be pretty obvious.

I believe you now have the "Enforce Religious Unity" and "HRE Liberation" CBs instead of those diplomatic options.

I started a new game as Brandenburg and by about 1650 was elected HR Emperor. The preceding AI emperors enacted the first Reform. I'm in DW.

I do not see Enforce Religious Unity CB's showing up at all. And while I am unabe to issue an Imperial Ban, I see that some countries have just that on them as a CB. So did AI emperors issue that but I can't?

A quick technical question for you all. You know those little rippling flags that protrude out of every province? Is there any way to get rid of them? They're killing my game performance (on my admittedly old, though not anicent, laptop).

iam playing as Poland and i started in 1444 i've been through aa huge war with brandenburg, bohemia, mazovia, sweden and crimea i annexed 2 regions and later gave 1 back to the emperor soon after i got into a PU with Ryazan now its 1476 and lithuania has statarted spamming me with insults and now it says my personal union will break but why did they keep sending insults? my relations with them have been 200 since i started and my prestige is 30

luckily i have reloaded right before i amde peace with criema and i have been making troops this time to test wether that was the cause thank you for the VERY fast anwser however how much stronger do i need to be than them? if alot iwill need to spam mercs and then slowly transition into a proffesional army currently i have 20k troops while they have 53k and there haven't been any insults so far

Last edited:
another question why does thye emperor keep rejecting my provinces when i try to apply them?my relations with him are more than 150

you probably have more provinces than the emperor, and he feels threatened by you. Become emperor, and you can enter your provinces then.

yes i do have more land than him:p but how can i become emperor if 4 of the electors hate me all are voting for austria and if i try to vassalise them austria will step in and annihilate me