• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is this 'cascading alliance' thing I hear so much about?

Its where the original defender will call in its allies, which will sometimes call in a new war leader, who will call in their allie, which will ead to war with half the continent.

Its where the original defender will call in its allies, which will sometimes call in a new war leader, who will call in their allie, which will ead to war with half the continent.

The most annoying thing about it is not nessicarily the added participants, more often then not they're Saxe-Luneburg or something and of no real consequince. Its when the the war leader changes and throws my whole battle plan out the window. I preped for a quick limited war with Georgia and now I got to deal with GB wanting god knows what to stop seiging Cyprus and Corfu repeatedly.

Is there a way to view the war capacity of other nations? Austria is huge in my game, but is somehow losing their Dutch provinces in a war with Flanders. I'd see this as a brilliant opportunity to topple them Austrians, but I want to see what their war capacity is first - I think it's a decent way of knowing how hard they will fight and what you can get in a peace treaty.

Is there a way to view the war capacity of other nations? Austria is huge in my game, but is somehow losing their Dutch provinces in a war with Flanders. I'd see this as a brilliant opportunity to topple them Austrians, but I want to see what their war capacity is first - I think it's a decent way of knowing how hard they will fight and what you can get in a peace treaty.

You can take a look at their army size in the ledger and see how many troops they have left. That's the quickest way for me to gauge whether I can take them on before I start a war. (Oh, and whether my alliance is similar in size to theirs, though I don't know yet how that plays out in DW.)

I (catholic Burgundy) just inherited protestant Castille.

Stupid Castille had unfortunately sent a few missionaries to convert catholic provinces to their silly religion. I also inherited these wayward souls. I would very much like to inform them their services will no longer be needed (so they can stop asking me money for them) but I can't seem to find how...

How can religion spread be prevented in EU3 Complete. I chose Humanist Tolerances (heathen tolerance) and unexpectedly I started getting lots of province converting to other Christian religions - I'm Orthodox.

I (catholic Burgundy) just inherited protestant Castille.

Stupid Castille had unfortunately sent a few missionaries to convert catholic provinces to their silly religion. I also inherited these wayward souls. I would very much like to inform them their services will no longer be needed (so they can stop asking me money for them) but I can't seem to find how...

where you usualy click to send a missionary you should now be able to click cancel.

How can religion spread be prevented in EU3 Complete. I chose Humanist Tolerances (heathen tolerance) and unexpectedly I started getting lots of province converting to other Christian religions - I'm Orthodox.

going to serfdom and narrowminded sliders. tacking church attendance duty, divine supremacy or/and unam sanctam ideas. becoming defender of the faith. It will also become less likely with time.

EU3 Complete: Isn't the penalty for Diplo Annex pretty harsh? I mean as Russia I did it on Prussia. I moved 1 towards decentralization and I believe all my vassals went from 200 to 100 relationship. When would Diplo Annex be a good idea?

Is it possible to mod the event from diplo-annexation in IN (which causes you to move 1 step to decentralization) so that it causes a stab hit instead? (Can't locate the event from the event files.)

Yes. It is the first event in GenericOnActionEvents.txt

Up to DW, France had a core on Rousillon, so it always conquered it. In DW (when they added those tips) they took the core away. So now it doesn't happen as much... :rolleyes:

heh. they still seem to end up with it in my games...