• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I play as Mamluks in DW.
1. How to deal with manpower? I can spend money to build some troops but it is hard for maintenance and reinforce. some big nations like France can have like more than 50k soldiers in the first 200 years. :eek:
2. Revolt. so many happened and it drains my economy and of course manpower.

any advice guys?

RE: point 2, I'm sure you probably do, but do you try and keep stability at +3 at all times?

yes I do and I build some buildings like Temple, Courthouse etc. in high revolt risk provinces but not really do any good effect.

Personally I've never played with them in EU3. I've heard they experience rebel issues in IN, but not sure if that's the case in DW.

I think maybe changing to a 'Despotic Monarchy' may help (are they a 'Sheikdom' initially?) - this'll help with your tech too.

EDIT: 'Church Attendance Duty' could be a good National Idea too.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has probably been covered dozens of times on here, but other than the following, are there any other background effects of Infamy? :
  • decrease merchant's compete chances
  • increase stability cost
  • decrease diplomatic relations

Sure, sorry, yeah I should've mentioned apart from that too.
Are any other background modifiers affected by infamy?

The AI also get far less likely to accept your diplomatic offers, like alliances, marriages and diploannexation. Infamy also gives a huge penalty for HRE elections. Additionally, some negative events gets more likely with moderately high infamy, even if you are not above the threshold.

A bit late, but thank you very much Serzis for the helpful information, this really helped me!

I have got a new question:
The changes I've maden before starting my game, for example the Merchant cost, Missionary cost etc. do these factors apply only for my country, or the enemy's missionaries and merchants are also free for them?
And if I've chosen ''Random Lucky Countries'', how can I see which countries are those? Is it a permanent ''buff'' they receive?

Same costs, plus or minus AI bonus for being on easy-hard. You can spot lucky nations on the merchant bonus or checking the stab costs of their provinces. It is a permanent buff but if a lucky nation is eliminated then the buff moves on to another nation.

Austria doesn't have a proper successor. I have my Bavarian troops massed, waiting for the truce to expiring before claiming their throne and taking it by force of arms. They attack Milan first and since Milan is already my junior in a PU, they get trampled 6 months earlier than they otherwise would have. I get the 100% warscore and enforce a PU on them in a peace treaty, but the game doesn't actually put me in a PU with them. Why not? Is there anything I can do except wait out another 10 years of truce, and then beat them up again?

Austria doesn't have a proper successor. I have my Bavarian troops massed, waiting for the truce to expiring before claiming their throne and taking it by force of arms. They attack Milan first and since Milan is already my junior in a PU, they get trampled 6 months earlier than they otherwise would have. I get the 100% warscore and enforce a PU on them in a peace treaty, but the game doesn't actually put me in a PU with them. Why not? Is there anything I can do except wait out another 10 years of truce, and then beat them up again?
I've found that the form PU can be quite tricky with shifting warleaders, vassals and overlords and so on. I managed to find this picture of an older savegame of mine - I think this was when I was going to PU Bosnia and noticed that I couldn't - instead I had the option to PU their overlord, the Ottomans. Just like in your case nothing actually happened after the war though.

I don't want to say things like they're cold, hard facts because I've no clue what's causing this but I'm almost positive it will work if you just wait out the truce and DOW them directly with the correct CB.

Hi everyone

What is the minimal amount of pixels required for a province? Is there a way to make borders between states and provinces thinner and models smaller?

I'd assume one pixel though that would make the province next to impossible to click. As for the second question I think
border_heights = {

and

border_cutoff = {

in default.map in the "map" folder does this.

I've found that the form PU can be quite tricky with shifting warleaders, vassals and overlords and so on. I managed to find this picture of an older savegame of mine - I think this was when I was going to PU Bosnia and noticed that I couldn't - instead I had the option to PU their overlord, the Ottomans. Just like in your case nothing actually happened after the war though.

I don't want to say things like they're cold, hard facts because I've no clue what's causing this but I'm almost positive it will work if you just wait out the truce and DOW them directly with the correct CB.

I think it may have been because they had several PU juniors.