• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone know where the code lives for Enforce religious unity? I want to see what the decision is driven by.

It’s not a decision.
“Enforce religious unity” is a diplomatic demand (action) of the emperor to a member state with different religion. I think it’s hardcoded and only available until 1650.

Last edited:
Quick answer:

Ah, thanks. That's really not as bad as I thought it would be. I had taken my centralization down because it was way over the limit, but a couple of revolt risks in a stable nation doesn't seem like anything too destructive. Although... I did have a hell of a time with rebellions for 20-30 years... I was annexing, but still... that probably explains part of it.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/10ql5c6.jpg

Attacking with Excommunication as CB results in 25% Infamy for Annexation, it said. So why do I still get 100% Infamy when trying to Annex the Excommunicated country?

The infamy reduction only works for provinces in the same culture group (might also work for accepted cultures, I'm not sure). I don't know why or if it's ever stated in the game but that's what I've noticed while playing.

It’s not a decision.
“Enforce religious unity” is a diplomatic demand (action) of the emperor to a member state with different religion. I think it’s hardcoded and only available until 1650.

It can be extended by changing the "1650 # End of Crusade/Excommunicate actions. AI might also befriend old religious enemies." value here. It's grouped together with excoms and crusaders.

Last edited:
I just picked up EU3 in the current steam sale, so bear with my ignorance please.
Currently trying to convert Granada, and here is what I get :
284dd517043826a367140ab207da59e5.png

Can anyone explain what the Maintenance: -100% is?

Go to your budget view, move your missionary maintenance slider all the way to the right :)

Why do units and ships take twice as long to train in my colonies?
My ships take around 140 days to build in my main shipyards in southern Spain but they take double the time in Mexico, Bermuda,Hispaniola...
I also own the Azores (technically an overseas province) and it takes the regular 140 days to train.
Can anyone explain this please?

The Azores are part of the European region in the game, that means it's not overseas. It just takes longer to train units overseas, it's a game mechanic :)