• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does Gold (the trade good) work? The eu3wiki was.. very sparse on information regarding it. I think its value counts as production, not trade? But how do I determine how much a gold is worth? I mean, I know hovering my mouse over "production" will tell me what Im getting, but how is that number determined? What is the base value, and what modifies it?

Not sure what the base value of gold is but it remains static from the start to the end of the game.
I do know it has 1 modifier and that is the province population.
Production efficency has no effect on gold only the above modifier matters.
Gold has no trade value, the provinces do get a very small trade value when certain buildings are built ie the ones that add a +1 to province trade value.
Gold is great for the first half of the games time period but afterwards is eclipsed by nearly every other trade good.

hi guys I made a mistake in my current ottoman game and made huge mistake and chose devshrime system and provincial system decisions. I want to save edit it to remove both modifiers how can I do that?

edit: sorry wrong place and I found out what should I do.

suggestion: it's very very helpful if eu4 and eu3 forums have different colors.

Last edited:
If you have a steam version it should tell you. However if you use the mod launcher not in steam then your counter won't go up, which is why mine says 832 hours whereas it should probably say 2832 hours ...

Hi, is there a way to check how long have I played on certain save? Or maybe there is a mod for that? I'd like to know how many hours I have wasted on that game. ;)
If you have a steam version it should tell you. However if you use the mod launcher not in steam then your counter won't go up, which is why mine says 832 hours whereas it should probably say 2832 hours ...
Steam can only tell you the total time you have run EU3 (or how much within the last week, etc.), not how much time on a specific game/savegame. If you know exactly when you started and haven't played any other EU3 games since you started it you could probably use the Steam info to figure it out. Not a bad idea for an enhancement for newer games (maybe could be included if they ever decide to add an in-game realtime clock which some people have requested in the past).

Last edited:
My game is shaking when I start it, since I upgraded my graphics card, other games work fine.

Anyone know why this is?

Is there any way or mod that lets you play as unified HRE in 1399?

Thanks...

I do not think so. However you can use the console command "authority" to give yourself the needed authority to unify it.

Is there any way or mod that lets you play as unified HRE in 1399?

Thanks...

1. Pick a country that can be emperor, i.e not a republic or junior PU.
2. Use the cheat "emperor <TAG>" to make the country emperor. (This step is not needed if you want to form the HRE as Bohemia)
3. Wait 1 day so the game can adjust to the fact that you are now emperor. (If you don't do this, the game will crash at step 4)
4. Use the cheat "decision vote_on_renovatio <TAG>"
5. Wait 1 day so the game can adjust

Congratulations, you are now the HRE and more powerful than all the rest of Europe combined. : )

To be clear: <TAG> means that you insert your country's tag, i.e THU for Thuringen, HAB for Austria, etc, etc. You do not have to write "<THU>".

Last edited:
Trying to create a personal union between Denmark and Norway where relations are both 200, trust both 20 with no distrust, Denmark's prestige in 80-something whilst Norway's 10, Denmark has a monarch with diplomacy 8, allied and with a royal marriage obviously. Most of the threads/wiki pages seem to be about inheriting from a personal union but I was wondering what if anything else I could do to encourage the creation of a union? Thanks.

Sorry, forgot to say that I was trying to do it peacefully. If I claim the throne though without declaring war it ups the chance of a union forming though?

Yes, it does, provided your leader does not die and their leader does without an heir.

Hello.

In messagetypes_custom.txt, I notice each entry is associated with 7 values:

log=yes
onmap=yes
popup=yes
idle=no
option=yes

pausepopup=no
icon=no

5 of them I understand, especially that they're shown in-game as well, but I don't know what are the two orange entries. Anybody knows?

ANSWER:
option controls whether or not the 2nd button is shown for the popup, details at [this link].

Last edited:
Just finished my third full playthrough, and I still feel like I don't fully understand a few things.

First... trade leagues... what are their benefits? You basically don't compete with others in the league, but how does that work?

Just finished my third full playthrough, and I still feel like I don't fully understand a few things.

First... trade leagues... what are their benefits? You basically don't compete with others in the league, but how does that work?

Well I know that if you don't have a CoT of your own, it does mean that you can get trade stations set up in your provinces which brings a higher income bonus. Also, I think it increases your compete chance in the CoT of your league but I'm not 100% on the last point.