• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A country bigger than me in both land and army has a regency council but no heir listed. I had a Royal Marriage and have claimed their throne. How likely is it for a PU to happen without me invading and forcing it?

E: I do have more prestige.

Unlikely in my experience. But it seems you have limited options other then waiting around.

I was playing as Austria and received the -0.25 infamy bonus as a member of the HRE.
When I became Emperor of the HRE I lost the bonus... is this a bug, me misunderstanding or things working as intended?
Seems strange that my infamy would decrease slower as Emperor.
I also appeared to lose a lot of other nice bonuses when I became emperor... but perhaps it's supposed to be bittersweet

I was playing as Austria and received the -0.25 infamy bonus as a member of the HRE.
When I became Emperor of the HRE I lost the bonus... is this a bug, me misunderstanding or things working as intended?
Seems strange that my infamy would decrease slower as Emperor.
I also appeared to lose a lot of other nice bonuses when I became emperor... but perhaps it's supposed to be bittersweet

intended. the -0.25 infamy bonus, along with the other bonuses to tech speed etc... are something you get for being a member of a large (25 countries I think) HRE. The emperor does not get them. OTOH the emperor does benefit much more from all the HRE reforms you can pass. I'd take 50% extra tax over -0.25 infamy every time! :)

Large decentralised HRE more benefits for being a member. Small centralised HRE massive bonuses for being Emperor.

A country bigger than me in both land and army has a regency council but no heir listed. I had a Royal Marriage and have claimed their throne. How likely is it for a PU to happen without me invading and forcing it?

E: I do have more prestige.

You basically need to invade to make use of a claimed throne. It's the only certain way.

I'm not entirely sure how the peaceful side of it works but I think it kicks in when then monarch changes, how that applies to an interegnum I have no idea.

intended. the -0.25 infamy bonus, along with the other bonuses to tech speed etc... are something you get for being a member of a large (25 countries I think) HRE. The emperor does not get them. OTOH the emperor does benefit much more from all the HRE reforms you can pass. I'd take 50% extra tax over -0.25 infamy every time! :)

Large decentralised HRE more benefits for being a member. Small centralised HRE massive bonuses for being Emperor.
Ahh... so it's acually not desireble to become Emperor directly at 1400?

I'll have to look through the numbers a bit more. It seems that my troops regain mainpower at 200% in all of HRE, is this only when I'm Emperor or do all members have max regain in all of HRE?

I searched the wiki and the forum for this and didn't see it so I apologize it's been answered already.

I am playing France and am the HRE. IN HTTT I was able to issue imperial bans or demand that a nation change to the true faith but now that I have DW I can't see those diplomatic options. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

"Imperial Ban" is now a casus belli that lets you take HRE provinces from non-HRE members in peace deals. "Enforce Religious Unity" is still an Imperial diplomatic option but it disappears at some point; presumably around the mid-17th century when all the other religious features start to fade. However, even after "Enforce Religious Unity" goes, you can still gain IA points for force-converting heretic princes in peace deals.

It used to be true that the cost of manufacturies would increase as you built more of them. I've seen them go up in price in DW but I could swear I've also seen the price come back down, and in my current game they seem to be stuck at 900.

Is the price mechanic for manufacturies described anywhere?

why did they close this thread? i think my bad english oversaw some kind of broken forum rule... http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?522234-What-happened-to-the-Jews

i think its rather unfair to close a thread just because of a single person saying something unethical. a post removal would be better

Mods pobably err'd on the side of caution as certain topics are prohibited on these forums and generally from their games, and this one was venturing awfully close if not crossing the line wholly. Hell you can't even post Swastikas or Images w/ them.

Regardless, next time you wish to know why a certain thread was close(or any other moderation action was taken) ask a mod(they're listed on the forum lists) thru a Private message.

What decides if I get a new heir to the throne?
Often I get one child and see it growing older, but then after a few year I get the message "a heir is born" giving me a new 1 year old child, then my king dies and I end up with Regency council...
Is there any way to avoid spawning more heirs? Or making the younger one valid only when it's close to 15 years old?

Also, what is the effective difference between a Church improvement and something that gives +5 Stability?
I can't really figure out how to interpret the text... it almost looks like the church would remove the stability cost of a province completely after a few years.

Mods pobably err'd on the side of caution as certain topics are prohibited on these forums and generally from their games, and this one was venturing awfully close if not crossing the line wholly. Hell you can't even post Swastikas or Images w/ them.

Regardless, next time you wish to know why a certain thread was close(or any other moderation action was taken) ask a mod(they're listed on the forum lists) thru a Private message.

thanks for the info, i just dont understand why the measures have to be so radical. closing a thread because of 1-2 posts is too harsh, erasing the post and warning the guy should be enough.
if i wanted to develop a mod incorporating jewish society/culture, id definitely like to see that thread flourishing

i understand the swastika thing though. in games like hoi or eu, history is everything and swastikas are polemic. its hard to allow swastikas for roleplaying purposes (for aars for example) and at the same time prohibit them because of sympatization or ideologistic propaganda

There's no need to prove again and again that trouble will happen when certain topics are discussed. Closing the topic was fine. Let's just let go of it before *this* thread gets closed too please.

As asked above, does anyone know the DW rules for how much manufactories cost?

thanks for the info, i just dont understand why the measures have to be so radical. closing a thread because of 1-2 posts is too harsh, erasing the post and warning the guy should be enough.
if i wanted to develop a mod incorporating jewish society/culture, id definitely like to see that thread flourishing

i understand the swastika thing though. in games like hoi or eu, history is everything and swastikas are polemic. its hard to allow swastikas for roleplaying purposes (for aars for example) and at the same time prohibit them because of sympatization or ideologistic propaganda

Edit:On second thought I'm not going to rationalize for the mods, brucemo said did that plenty and quite well. If you want further guidance or info or certain policy ask a Mod privately. I doubt they'll mind.

Last edited:
There's no need to prove again and again that trouble will happen when certain topics are discussed. Closing the topic was fine. Let's just let go of it before *this* thread gets closed too please.

my intention was to know why the admins/moderators reacted so harsh, not to discuss forbidden discussion topics. as i said before, information about the topic i mentioned might be useful for modders.

i agree though, my last post was somewhat offtopic and this is entirely, so i leave it be

My manual says that "other nation's armies are prohibited from entering provinces" without permission, yet I see other armies fighting each other in my provinces in 1399 Mecklenburg. At least that's how it appears. Is there an explanation for this?

Ahh... so it's acually not desireble to become Emperor directly at 1400?

I'll have to look through the numbers a bit more. It seems that my troops regain mainpower at 200% in all of HRE, is this only when I'm Emperor or do all members have max regain in all of HRE?

It's always desirable to be the HRE when you are big enough to boss the other european nations around. if you become HRE early you can go for many reforms before the reformation kicks in and makes things a lot more complicated. You can push the reforms through quicker than the ai, so you should go for emperor if you want to play that sort of game. You just need to be able to stand up to france.