• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too late for that, though I guess I can alter it and have it take effect immediately?

So do the discoveries of an annexed country spread or not?

If you alter it in the save file it will take effect immediately. I don't know about the annexed nation, since another nation always spreads it anyway I've never come across your situation.

DDRJake

Thanks! I guess am just going to have to start a new game. Darn horde. At least I have lots of experience with DW now!.

Losing two stability really isn't that bad. Not a reason to restart your game, to be honest.

Well, it will just get too annoying every time I declare war, since without a minster it takes 5 years to get one stability. Also, it just doesn't feel like a challenge, being hordeless for 30 years ;)

Well, it will just get too annoying every time I declare war, since without a minster it takes 5 years to get one stability. Also, it just doesn't feel like a challenge, being hordeless for 30 years ;)

You only need to declare once to end the tribute. After that war ends they will re-declare war on you every 5 years again.

you will have enough hordes for the rest of your game...
BTW- I think you were quite lucky not to be attacked by the horde after 10 years, probably you were allready too strong for them.
in 5.1 patch where the truce lasts 5 years only, the first war against the horde is very hard most times, as they will definately be stronger than you. after 10 years you may be almost equal to them and if they were unlucky to have a succession at the wrong time it can be piece of cake.
anyway, declare war and invest everything on stability or you can cheat and raise your stability, but starting over seems a bit harsh

Got another quick question, in my current game as Bavaria, almost every AI country is not regaining stability. Bohemia has been at -2 for a long time, and I've noticed this across all the AI nations, almost none of them have +3 stability. I'm running vanilla 5.1 DW, so I'm not sure if its a bug or just something the AI does.

Is it a bug that in the advisor pool the only people I have available are ~30 production tech advisors?
Probably not; the AI just isn't hiring them so they sit there until they die.

and I actually think that war helps keep the PU.
Pretty sure that's not directly true but it does prevent the junior partner from sending insults which would indirectly affect it.

Can anyone tell me how to install this over the vanilla install? I know Wiz doesn't recommend it, but I do not have any mods and would like to try this out without installing an entire mod.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?564050-Intelligent-Wars-Module-Stops-AI-from-making-stupid-war-declarations

unzip it into main game directory. Then open the country_code.txt file and copy the lines there into your common/countries.txt file, and you're all done.

questions:
is it WAD that a nation can claim Defender of the faith even if its current leader is excommunicated?
what decides which type of troops I can build in a province? I know it depends on default troops of nations with a core, but in which order?
example:

troops I can build before province becomes my core

troops I can build after province becomes my core

So that beautiful Quizilbash cavalry has been lost...

So, it seems that a maximum of 4 types can be present at any time, but in which order?

Last edited: