• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New to the game. Should I play the vanilla or Magna Mundi port for Divine Wind(i think it is a beta)?

For simple learning, I'd recommend sticking with vanilla, then expanding to a mod as the above user recommends; I've had EU3 since I joined the forum and I still hardly ever play with mods. :)

It provides no benefit when you don't have any RR, but it does smooth out those periods of high WE.

Really depends on if you want to keep building government buildings for a more stable empire.

Is there any point in building courthouses in provinces that don't have any revolt risk? The write-up in the hover bubble makes it sound like it can boost revenue, but I'm not entirely sure how that would work.

It doesn't, but they're required along with Temples & Spy Agencies to build Town Halls, which boost a province's tax income by 25%.

So they're generally only worth it in provinces with high RR (yours are not) or provinces with high tax rates. Note that tax income will become less important late game as production income swells.

Is there any point in building courthouses in provinces that don't have any revolt risk? The write-up in the hover bubble makes it sound like it can boost revenue, but I'm not entirely sure how that would work.

So you can build town halls that give +25% tax and the buildings after them

Well, I know that, but let's not make that a problem. So, it will be remembered as Saxon and only shift to Prussian after tag change?

Each tag is linked to a state culture, and tags not presently used keep whatever state culture they had when they disappeared from the world. Events and decisions must explicitly change a tag's state culture. An example: reviving Jerusalem through a decision. In the game files, the tag's state culture is Cosmopolitan. If you add a Jerusalem core to a province and then release Jerusalem through the console, it will have Cosmopolitan culture (regardless of the province's culture). Same thing if you destroy Jerusalem and then release it again later. However, the decision used to release Jerusalem in vanilla immediately sets Jerusalem's state culture to be that of the decision-taker.

How do you move your capital to new world? I'm playing as Portugal and it won't allow me to move my capital to South America, saying that I can only move it if my current capital is isolated. It does allow me to move it to Azores though.

You need high stability, 1000 gold, peace and the Azores must be a core.
Wait, misread your post. Well, you'll either have to move your capital twice (the isolated thing only applied to moving to other continents) or lose all the provinces directly surrounding Lisboa temporarily (ideally let Castille or whatever controlledly take them in a war, gifting will lose cores)...
Also, if you own a lot of the new world, you might want to move to NA rather than SA if you control the land connection, because this will make the wealthy Caribbean non-distant-overseas.

Last edited:
How can I end Steppe nomad alignment?
Er, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Did you agree to pay them tribute? If so, then to get a war with them you'll have to either go bankrupt (er, I think. I'm not 100% certain this voids tribute treaties, but some of my gameplay experiences suggests it does) or accept the -2 stab hit for a no-CB declaration of war.

If you forced them to pay tribute, they'll horde-war you again when the truce expires.

I've noticed something odd. I'm playing as Naples and vassalized Savoy. Savoy keeps building troops, one to three regiments, and then, one after the other, they just vanish. Sometimes it only builds one before it vanishes. I assume they are being disbanded? Then it builds some more, etc.

Is this a bug?

I've seen that as well. Probably some AI limitation in recognizing what it should do, money-wise. Load up the game as them and check their finances. I believe defaulting on a loan also disbands your army. (I've seen Burgundy HRE go from 160 000 to 2000 because of that.)

I've seen that as well. Probably some AI limitation in recognizing what it should do, money-wise. Load up the game as them and check their finances. I believe defaulting on a loan also disbands your army. (I've seen Burgundy HRE go from 160 000 to 2000 because of that.)

When you go bankrupt you lose all your mercs, however your standing armies remain. Albeit with a hefty morale penalty.

Quick question about trade income: The second building available in a city's trade section (market place or something?) increases trade income by +1.00. But which kind of cities does this affect? All cities, CoTs, overseas colonies, or what?

Quick question about trade income: The second building available in a city's trade section (market place or something?) increases trade income by +1.00. But which kind of cities does this affect? All cities, CoTs, overseas colonies, or what?
The Trade Depot increases that province's trade value (the number it adds to the value of the CoT it trades through, which is also the number on which its Production income is based) by one ducat/year (before percentage modifiers are applied).

Recently I switched to 5.2b. I started with Connaught, managed to unite Ireland pretty quickly and went with major asskissing strategy. Ended up with several PUs and couple of decades later inherited Hungary and France. The problem is: even with ~60 decent provinces I'm only getting pathetic 570 manpower/month. How on Earth should I fight the hordes from east with that? It's not enough to fight rebels, nevermind minors like Castille or Ottomans! Also, is it normal that I didn't get cores on all that inherited provinces?

Recently I switched to 5.2b. I started with Connaught, managed to unite Ireland pretty quickly and went with major asskissing strategy. Ended up with several PUs and couple of decades later inherited Hungary and France. The problem is: even with ~60 decent provinces I'm only getting pathetic 570 manpower/month. How on Earth should I fight the hordes from east with that? It's not enough to fight rebels, nevermind minors like Castille or Ottomans! Also, is it normal that I didn't get cores on all that inherited provinces?

It is normal to not get cores on territory that isn't in your culture group or with you in the HRE (you have to be in the HRE, and provinces you inherit within the HRE get cored). Manpower has dropped to 20% of what it was in 5.2. Your manpower will probably improve with cores + tolerance etc, and building armories is much better in 5.2

can you form kingdom of prussia even if you are noble republic? (brandenburg)

my problem, I've had s***ty diplomatic rulers for such a long time, it's been 3 low diplo kings in a row + long regency council. And the last time I had such a ruler, there was still teutonic order around with ostpreussen as his capital, impossible to take without too much infamy.

But now I have all other requirements except the diplo, and I'm currently despotic monarchy (I had been that since early game since, to avoid infamy wars)
Not Ideal strategy but whatever I got the cores faster, and I got the tax incomes from those juicy german provinces. Now I'm dominating and need only 3 provs for Germany, in 1590s (and one of those 3 provs is my vassal, good chance of diplo annex)