• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, Poland dragged me into a war with Austria a couple years ago, and we won. From my war score (Poland was war leader), I demanded one province and released it as Styria. Now, I'm fighting Bohemia, again because of Poland, and see Styria having a huge army, over 10k. I want to look at their province to see how absurdly rich it is.. and ALL OF AUSTRIA IS BLUE! Styria has 7 unlawful terrritories. How is such a thing even possible? It can't have been rebels, experience has taught me Austria is immune to them...

Also, why does the province of Breslau (tax 6, iron) always produce rebel stacks of 12 or 13k?

Last edited:
3 regiments from base tax 6; 10 regiments from manpower rating 10. (Breslau has the joint-highest manpower rating (10, with Thrace) of any province in the world in a 1399-1749 start, and the absolute highest (13) in a 1750-1820 start.)

Just started my second game(as Sweden) so still learning the basics. I just noticed that I'm at war with somebody. So apparently Denmark declared war or was declared upon but I didn't get any pop up about it. Is there some way to get a notification when I'm at war, would be kinda nice.

When you leave the HRE, do you lose just uncored unlawful provinces, or also provinces that are cored but still have "unlawful territory"?
Nevermind, found out you keep them :)

If you barely trade (only in one onwed COT of currently +700 ducats), are post offices still worth it?

Last edited:
Is there a way to turn some of the option back on or off after you've started a game? I normally play with inflation off because I can manage my economy anyway and the AI just seems to implode because of it, but now I installed 5.2 and it's impossible for me to survive against endless rebel stacks and countries minting at 100%.

Just started my second game(as Sweden) so still learning the basics. I just noticed that I'm at war with somebody. So apparently Denmark declared war or was declared upon but I didn't get any pop up about it. Is there some way to get a notification when I'm at war, would be kinda nice.

The fact that Sweden starts in a Personal Union means the message settings are different. I would go into Message Settings and set it to where you get a pop-up whenever any war starts. Aside from being generally useful, you'll know when Denmark (and thus you) goes to war.

When you leave the HRE, do you lose just uncored unlawful provinces, or also provinces that are cored but still have "unlawful territory"?
Nevermind, found out you keep them :)

If you barely trade (only in one onwed COT of currently +700 ducats), are post offices still worth it?

Trade value affects production value IIRC, so yes (though they aren't as good obviously).

Is there a way to turn some of the option back on or off after you've started a game? I normally play with inflation off because I can manage my economy anyway and the AI just seems to implode because of it, but now I installed 5.2 and it's impossible for me to survive against endless rebel stacks and countries minting at 100%.

Not without heavily editing the save file. Those settings are meant to be locked in place for the entire game.

There's a savegame editor in the mods section that has the option to change those settings. Never actually used it for that though.

There's a savegame editor in the mods section that has the option to change those settings. Never actually used it for that though.

I think it's fairly simple to edit the save manually, too. If I recall correctly, there's an array of numbers near the start of the text file. Each number represents the setting for one of the options. Make a save with the options you want, then copy the numbers from that save to the save you want to play.

I think it's fairly simple to edit the save manually, too. If I recall correctly, there's an array of numbers near the start of the text file. Each number represents the setting for one of the options. Make a save with the options you want, then copy the numbers from that save to the save you want to play.

You recall correctly.

(To manually edit saves, use notepad or another simple text editor like notepad++)

I was just wondering, I have been for a while, how does EU3 know to spawn nationalist rebels loyal to a country that doesn't have a core on the province (or any province)? What is it in what files determine this?

Ex. Kurland.

I was just wondering, I have been for a while, how does EU3 know to spawn nationalist rebels loyal to a country that doesn't have a core on the province (or any province)? What is it in what files determine this?

Ex. Kurland.

If I recall correctly (I use that phrase too much), it goes by province culture. They will be aligned with a country that has that culture as its primary culture.

Trade value affects production value IIRC, so yes (though they aren't as good obviously).

Can you explain how much? Counting Houses are still better, right? Should I build Post Offices in mp game if my trade income is 150, 180 from Production, I own 2000 valued CoT in Gdańsk? Considering that 5 other players are very good traders and I have Counting Houses in every province except Grain provs.? I used to have 300 income from trade but then Portugal and GB allied against me in their cots. ^^

For example, how to develop this province? http://i48.tinypic.com/3502kaq.jpg
Counting House, Custom Office, or both? Or maybe Cathedral?

I believe it is based on conditions (at war/peace, have vassals, unions, and so forth) much like the other starting items (army/fleet sizes, types,
culture ratings) but I could be wrong.

I was not clear, sorry. It seems that starting with the same nation at the same date the initial prestige is different. Anybody noticed that?

You recall correctly.

(To manually edit saves, use notepad or another simple text editor like notepad++)

Thanks fellas, changed the numbers and the save still runs.

I was not clear, sorry. It seems that starting with the same nation at the same date the initial prestige is different. Anybody noticed that?
Did you follow exactly the same path through the calendar to that date every time?

I can no longer start a new game with any mod anymore without the game crashing while adapting history... can anyone explain this?